anybody tried meinwebserver.com before?

hey,
    Did anybody tried reseller or basic hosting on meinwebserver.com before ?

they offer good reseller plans with very good price, so anybody have comment about this host?
    Thanks.
    Samer

Unlimited BW...looks sketchy.
    RydelWeb--Affordable Shared and Reseller Hosting
    1-877-625-6868

I've never heard of them. Plus, UBW is a little scarey as RydelOnline stated

From http://whois.sc/meinwebserver.com :

Creation date: 13 May 2004 19:38:30
    From their website:
    We are proud to announce that on 21st June 2004 reseller no. 5.000 has decided to sign up with MEIN WEBSERVER!
    Interesting... They must be among the fastest growing hosting companies on the 'net.

Anyway, what we have here is a very new host, offering unlimited bandwidth. No way I would use them.

indeed think again before using them, there are better choices out there

i host with them

I have a reseller-account with them since 10 months (previously they were only available for austria and germany). The domain meinwebserver.com and the international offers are rather new.

I am satisfied especially because they always inform me before they block abusers etc. and they have good support. my previous host caused a lot of headache.

Re: i host with them

Originally posted by checkson
    I have a reseller-account with them since 10 months (previously they were only available for austria and germany). The domain meinwebserver.com and the international offers are rather new.

I am satisfied especially because they always inform me before they block abusers etc. and they have good support. my previous host caused a lot of headache.
    What is thier other domain name, the one they use only for austria and germany, and what is the site you have hosted with them.

Jim
    http://FireStormHost.com
    Low Cost Reseller Hosting
    http://5under5.com
    Low Cost Shared Web Hosting

i have a reseller account with them....

very nice support and fast FTP

Everyday I see someone making a post asking if a host that offers "unlimited BW" or "unlimited HD space" is good. I think the WHT mods should sticky a big fat thread that titles: "Unlimited HD and BW hosts are no good". Unlimited resources do not exist, don't expect much from them.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Re: Re: i host with them

dlkvh

i have a reseller account with them....

very nice support and fast FTP
    {Quote}

How long have you been with them, and where are thier servers located. What is your website so I can test the pings.

Jim
    http://FireStormHost.com
    Low Cost Reseller Hosting
    http://5under5.com
    Low Cost Shared Web Hosting

LOL I wish I could see the ip's they posted from. What is interesting is:

Domain name: MEINWEBSERVER.COM

Registrant Contact:

Umer Hussain (umer@gmx.at)
    +43.069919679548
    Fax: +.
    Rosa Jochmann Ring 5/28/1
    Vienna, 1110
    AT

Administrative Contact:

+43.069919679548
    Vienna, 1110
    AT

Technical Contact:

+43.069919679548
    Vienna, 1110
    AT

Billing Contact:

+43.069919679548
    Vienna, 1110
    AT

Name Servers:
    ns3.meinwebserver.com
    ns4.meinwebserver.com

Creation date: 13 May 2004 19:38:30
    Expiration date: 13 May 2005 19:38:30

Newly created but the contact domain is gmx.at which is a part of United Internet which is the parent for... 1and1.com.

Also the reseller that I saw sporting an unlimited everything promise's IP goes back to 1and1 so maybe they have a division that does this.

probably one guy, operating in garage lol... this host looks fishy

They don't have GD library support on their servers so photo-galleries etc won't work.

Originally posted by Til
    They don't have GD library support on their servers so photo-galleries etc won't work.
    Don't some galleries work with ImageMagick? Not defending, just making sure the statement is correct.

You are quite right, my mistake. The statement should be:
    "They don't have GD library support on their servers".

UBW and UDS is possible. Most people don't use that much but it's there for them if they need it. Its the idiots who upload a bunch of things that shouldn't be uploaded that make it so bad. That's where the support and reputation of the company come in. If the company is strict on how the space is used, then it is most certianly possible and profitable. It's all these bad companies that make the sterotypical anti UBW/UDS person.

BlueIon, you are so naive!! I don't think I want hosting from your company... Unlimited Bandwidth and Diskspace is NOT possible. Anyone who's been around long enough knows that (long enough on these forums to know this being say... 1 visit). Anyway, thank-you for giving me my early morning laugh! Although i'm sure now that everyone here is sick of seeing these people talking about unlimited resources. I'm sure someone in the world... somewhere... (maybe NASA?!?!) has some gigantic HDD which seems to be never ending and they will never fill it. But without around say $1,000,000 for your LARGE (not unlimited) HDD then you are ALWAYS limited. As for bandwidth... you can see unlimited bandwidth with some of the best host (a dedicated server recently on offer with unlimited bandwidth is at Server Matrix... I was pretty surprised to see them state "unlimited") but you are always limited by your connection, and if you are sharing it with others then god help you!

Am I getting this all wrong? Hmmm, i've lost my point now... Right, anyway, unlimited, na ah! Not possible.

If you have a personal website then it may be worth the risk because basically it's not that important.

You are right on some things though BlueIon, the companies that offer UBW/UDS or going to suffer if they do not disallow certain things. The "idiots", as you put it, that "upload a bunch of things that shouldn't be uploaded" are either breaking the rules and can be kicked off hosting (problem solved), or if you are referring to uploading alot of data and using alot of data transfer, then why is it so bad? After all.... you know a company that has the worlds only unlimited resource server...

You were who I was refering to when I said "idiots" and "sterotypes".

Originally posted by coolraul
    ....@gmx.at)

gmx is a a free e-mail service (powered, yes by a company at united internet, karlsruhe, germany..) - gmx headq. is located in munich.