Thumbs up Proaxxs review - big thumbs up

I've been using Proaxxs for about three months now, and I wanted to post an early review of their services. Right now I have several server management packages through Proaxxs, as well as their prepaid never-expire per-ticket support (which they don't appear to offer anymore). I plan on upgrading to a semi-dedicated package in the next few months, and I'll post followup reviews at six and 12 months.

Some of you know that I've seen extremely rapid expansion during our first three months in business. Our sales figures far exceeded our most optimistic forecasts. We're now well past the point of being profitable, and that means more investment in our infrastructure, which means more products, which means more customers. But it also means that as our customer base grows, so does our support need.

After searching WHT and poring over reviews and offers, I elected to go with Proaxxs. They seem to be one of the "sleeper" companies on WHT that not many people talk about. Given that most customers are very enthusiastic about posting bad reviews the moment something goes wrong, I took this as a good sign.

Right off the bat, they took the time to learn about my company and my plans for the immediate future. I didn't lay out ALL my cards, of course -- just where I'm heading right this instant. What impressed me right off the bat was that they didn't just collect the login/password information and throw me in with the rest of their customers. They actually took the time to ask questions and listen to what I had to say. They even customized the way they handle my clients based on my company. This tells me that they care about their clients as well as the level of service that they provide.

It wasn't too long until my first ticket came in. As a host, there's nothing scarier than sitting on your hands and letting someone else handle a ticket. If someone at the DC called and told me that one of my servers just literally exploded, it wouldn't be nearly as stressful as letting someone else work with one of my customers. What if the tech uses poor grammar? What if the tech can't handle the issue? What if the tech is rude? It's my reputation on the line, so if things don't go 100% perfectly, I'm the one who will suffer. Suffice to say, turning over the keys to the help desk for the first time was a lot like going over a roller coaster blindfolded.

As I watched that first ticket unfold, my stress level quickly melted away. Their responses came quickly and were professional. While the responses weren't as polished as my own, they're effective, courteous, complete, and logical. Despite the complexity of some of the tickets, there hasn't been anything they haven't been able to handle. And their time to respond has been spectacular. Without formal metrics in front of me, I'd say they're in the 15-20 minute range for initial response. Resolution time varies depending on the complexity of the issue, but it's always been fast.

I have no qualms letting Proaxxs interact with my customers on my behalf. Their support is fast, effective, and reliable. They've been very helpful and accomodating of my needs. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs a hand with support.

Thanks for the nice review floor9. It's much appreciated as is your business!

very nice balanced review! u dont get many of those these days.

Great review. Very helpful! Thanks for posting.

Since this post is being cited as a testimonial, I want to state that we are no longer using Proaxxs due a very negative experience with their support team.

Hi Floor9,

I have signed up with Proaxxs just some days ago after reading good reviews about them.. What's about your negative experience?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Felinebullet View Post
    I have signed up with Proaxxs just some days ago after reading good reviews about them.. What's about your negative experience?
    Proaxxs made some unauthorized changes to a client's VPS, and Proaxxs' response was unsatisfactory to say the least. I'm not going to haul out the screencaps and ticket logs, because it's suffice to say that I no longer recommend Proaxxs.

Interesting how things change promptly.
    Are they now definitively no no, or can this go into the range of an inexperienced staff that made a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Wp2whiz View Post
    Interesting how things change promptly.
    Are they now definitively no no, or can this go into the range of an inexperienced staff that made a mistake?
    I believe it started as an honest mistake on the part of their technician. However, the severity of the mistake, combined with the response of their management staff, put them on the "definitely not, no way no how, at any price" list.
    Last edited by Dave Likes Coffee; 07-06-2012 at 08:38 AM.

I guess you could say it's not a "one size fits all"
    And I can certainly understand being upset but it was not as serious as posted. sorry, and you know sometimes it's a matter of a "mutual" feeling, sorry to say

Quote Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
    I believe it started as an honest mistake on the part of their technician. However, the severity of the mistake, combined with the response of their management staff, put them on the "definitely not, no way no how, at any price" list.
    Just because of a mistake.As far as I remember you are with Fresh Roasted Hosting.You can even surely make mistake with a client,how would you feel if they acted this way like you are doing with Proaxxs.Nothings perfect,there's even bad review about Hostgator,so everyone will leave them no.You must have the plans for this kind of situation with a SLA to the clients.

Quote Originally Posted by proaxxs View Post
    it's a matter of a "mutual" feeling, sorry to say
    A truly unprofessional and uncalled-for remark. I'm surprised; did Don authorize that post?

Folks, that's the attitude that caused me to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by sameev29 View Post
    Just because of a mistake.As far as I remember you are with Fresh Roasted Hosting.You can even surely make mistake with a client,how would you feel if they acted this way like you are doing with Proaxxs.
    If I treated a customer the way Proaxxs treated me and my customer, not only would I admit responsibility and apologize profusely, but I'd refund their current month AND give them a free month while they procured another provider.

Sounds like Proaxxs is improving their services. Thanks for the detailed review.

Quote Originally Posted by RH-Cheng View Post
    Sounds like Proaxxs is improving their services. Thanks for the detailed review.
    You might want to review the entire thread; my experiences went downhill shortly after posting this review. But you're welcome!

As for the quality and legitimacy of my reviews, browse through my post history and you'll find that every review I've posted has been fair and complete. I don't exaggerate and I don't embellish, ever.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=488599

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=658673

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=694246 (Ah, Steadcom. I miss them. They defined great customer support.)

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1110519

Quote Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
    A truly unprofessional and uncalled-for remark. I'm surprised; did Don authorize that post?
    I don't understand why you would say that is unprofessional. I simply stated how we felt. To be honest, if you truly feel what I said was uncalled for and unprofessional, then where does that leave you in what you are doing?

You know it's rarely shocking to see a customer(end-user) that has been perfectly happy with a service for months, and sometimes years, and then they have one incident with their provider, and immediately bad mouth them. It's funny how some can be so happy for so long and then all of a sudden one incident sets them off - amazing! This happens all the time (to most every provider), and it is quite frankly unfair, but that's just the way it is sometimes. Guess it comes with the territory.

It is however unsettling, to see a provider do the same to another provider. I mean it's his right to do so, I suppose, but it's not good policy IMO.

The fact is, when we were first contacted, it was understood that you were just starting out and we tried working out a very custom plan within your budget(one we have never offered before and never will again, for obvious reasons now). When we worked this custom plan out, it was understood that it was outside the 'norm' and it would most likely cause some confusion, which obviously it did.

Management may not have replied the way 'you' expected , but after reviewing your account, along with all the discounts and credits we provided (including a full month credit when this happened), we felt there was no more room to budge, and unfortunately it was time to move on.

I'm sure you probably have a different take on things, and that's fine. Whatever the reasoning on either side, we hold no grudge, and still wish you the best in your endeavors.

Overall, we know we are not the perfect solution for everyone. When we are not, usually we part ways with no hard feelings. It's just the way it goes some times.

Anyway we do sincerely hope everything is working out for you now!

You know it's rarely shocking to see a customer(end-user) that has been perfectly happy with a service for months, and sometimes years, and then they have one incident with their provider, and immediately bad mouth them.
    Funny; it's almost as if the severity of the event matters.

I posted that I no longer use you because I was no longer satisfied with your services. I stated that I believed it was an honest mistake on the part of your technician. Your response was "it wasn't that serious" and "we didn't want you anyway" (I suppose that's why you offered me a free trial to come back?). Your demeanor and response speaks volumes about the way you do business.

Management may not have replied the way 'you' expected , but after reviewing your account, along with all the discounts and credits we provided (including a full month credit when this happened)
    Yes, I remember this. You broke my client's VPS, then demanded that I add management. A refund was certainly the least you could do.
    Last edited by Dave Likes Coffee; 07-10-2012 at 02:24 PM.

I'm sorry floor9, I think there's a misunderstanding.

Nowhere did I or anyone else say "we didn't want you anyway" What I said was it was a "mutual feeling". This is because of the custom plan we worked out. This is why we told you if it didn't work out elsewhere, then we would consider offering a trial on an SD plan. which really made more sense. We understood you weren't in a position in your budget to go with an SD plan, and we unfortunately were not in a position to extend more credits and discounts on the indivdual plans you were working with. So the solution really was to move to an SD plan when you felt ready.

As far as breaking your clients vps, unless there is another ticket that I am not aware of, from what I see the "breakage" was mainly due to a DNS issue

From what I see no one demanded you to order a plan. I clearly see in the feedback ticket you mentioned "In the interest of expediting the resolution you added Management" to your account.

I dont know what to tell you floor9, I can only go by what I see.

I really don't want to argue about this, so this will be my last post here on this. If you feel you weren't treated right then I'm sorry and no matter what you think of us I still wish you the best!

this will be my last post here on this.
    That's probably for the best.

I'm sorry
    Although it's three months too late, that's a nice gesture.