Thread: IP limit

IP limit

it is posible to make ip limit, only for some country, example i just want allow all korea ip and china ip, not for other country.

Quote Originally Posted by vixio_dv View Post
    it is posible to make ip limit, only for some country, example i just want allow all korea ip and china ip, not for other country.
    To a degree, as long as whitelists are updated properly. What are you running?

Fore example, in the current versions of CSF that comes with WHM/cPanel, click on Firewall Configuration, then search for "CC_DENY".

you can get the ip2country database and allow only IP from certain countries.

http://www.ip2location.com

i dont have any manage soft, i just run on dedicated server on ubuntu without cpanel, just iptables xD

Take a look at MaxMind GeoIP, might be what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by vixio_dv View Post
    i dont have any manage soft, i just run on dedicated server on ubuntu without cpanel, just iptables xD
    CSF isn't part of cPanel, it is a stand-alone tool. It just happens to have a cPanel module for those who have a strange aversion to managing servers the fast and powerful CLI way
    [GB ≠ GiB] [MB ≠ MiB] [kB ≠ kiB] [1000 ≠ 1024] [Giga ≠ gram] [Mega ≠ milli] [Kelvin ≠ kilo] [Byte ≠ bit]
    There is no millibit. There is no gram-bit. There is no Kelvin-Byte.

ok thanks to everyone, i'll try it xD

Quote Originally Posted by petteyg359 View Post
    CSF isn't part of cPanel, it is a stand-alone tool. It just happens to have a cPanel module for those who have a strange aversion to managing servers the fast and powerful CLI way
    You're right - it doesn't come "with cPanel", however it's dead-easy to install, and install instructions are a dime a dozen via Google. Please note, however, someone using cPanel because they lack your god-like command line skills may feel quite comfortable with CSF/LFD, simply because it plugs into cPanel.

That said, OP hadn't provided any "background" - OS, distro, etc., originally, and that's why I asked what he was running, and said "For[-e] example, in the current versions of CSF that [can be plugged in to] WHM/cPanel, click on Firewall Configuration, then search for "CC_DENY"."

It's good that we can all aspire to be a CLI god like you - but until people reach that point, it's nice to know that there are some tools out there that will help them keep their servers secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingster View Post

It's good that we can all aspire to be a CLI god like you - but until people reach that point, it's nice to know that there are some tools out there that will help them keep their servers secure.
    If you can't do the job without cli you're not a webhoster. There always is a point that the GUI doesn't have the feature to do some jobs, so you use cli instead. You don't have to be a god in cli, but at least know some basics such as edit files, how to compile, etc..

@TS: CSF can run without any control panel. The configuration file speaks for itself and it is easy to configure. CSF uses the maxmind geolitecountry database http://www.maxmind.com/app/geolitecountry.
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu [NL] based hosting
    Shared | Reseller | KVM VPS | Reseller VPS

a CLI god like you
    Thanks You might have missed the smiley icon after that sentence in my post. If I'm forced to use Apache, cPanel is nice to have, since Apache's configuration files are so damned NOT terse.
    [GB ≠ GiB] [MB ≠ MiB] [kB ≠ kiB] [1000 ≠ 1024] [Giga ≠ gram] [Mega ≠ milli] [Kelvin ≠ kilo] [Byte ≠ bit]
    There is no millibit. There is no gram-bit. There is no Kelvin-Byte.

Quote Originally Posted by yourwebhostereu View Post
    If you can't do the job without cli you're not a webhoster.
    Boy. I sure am glad that I don't have some holier-than-thou attitude like some people on this forum. There's lots of people that come here that *aren't* webhosters, even though the name of the site is WebHostingTalk... You may have noticed that there's lots of questions from people that are looking for advice on lots of different things (like MySQL tuning, and the like) that don't require you to be a webhost. In fact, just because I have a dedicated server doesn't mean I'm a webhost. Maybe, just maybe I'm a game server host. Running a Windows server.

On the other hand, maybe I don't just assume what people are, what they are doing, and why they are asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by petteyg359 View Post
    Thanks You might have missed the smiley icon after that sentence in my post. If I'm forced to use Apache, cPanel is nice to have, since Apache's configuration files are so damned NOT terse.
    I didn't miss it, but I did miss that you were being sarcastic. If that's the case, then I apologize for *being* so terse.

Boy. I sure am glad that I don't have some holier-than-thou attitude like some people on this forum. There's lots of people that come here that *aren't* webhosters, even though the name of the site is WebHostingTalk... You may have noticed that there's lots of questions from people that are looking for advice on lots of different things (like MySQL tuning, and the like) that don't require you to be a webhost. In fact, just because I have a dedicated server doesn't mean I'm a webhost. Maybe, just maybe I'm a game server host. Running a Windows server.

On the other hand, maybe I don't just assume what people are, what they are doing, and why they are asking the question.
    Sorry I should have wrote it with other sentences. Like some of you know I'm pretty active on the solusvm forum and some questions... Yes, they call themself a VPS hoster but they don't know how to boot a VPS from command line

Sorry, I'm kind a hjacking this topic
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu [NL] based hosting
    Shared | Reseller | KVM VPS | Reseller VPS