Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LiquidWeb ticket response time

I am considering LiquidWeb for a dedicated server.

They seem good and the reviews I read here and elsewhere are good as well.

Problem is that they take hours (3+ on average) to respond to my tickets with pre-sale questions.

I have reseller accounts with 2 other hosts. One of them responds to tickets within 15 minutes, and the other one always has a Live Person chat, so I am a bit spoilt in this respect.

Is their response time faster when it comes to dealing with problems?
      0 Not allowed!

Pre-sales isn't necessarily a priority. Of course when you sign up the response will be much faster. What times did you send the tickets at to ask the questions?

I was with LW for awhile and they do a fine job of managing your server assuming you add cPanel to the mix
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.
      0 Not allowed!

Pre-sales isn't necessarily a priority. Of course when you sign up the response will be much faster.
    Thats what I hope too.

What times did you send the tickets at to ask the questions?
    Between 13:00 and 19:00 their time.
      0 Not allowed!

It is possible that they did not receive your e-mail. Have you tried PM'ing one of their staff here? I know Travis @ LW is a member here...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    It is possible that they did not receive your e-mail. Have you tried PM'ing one of their staff here? I know Travis @ LW is a member here...
    I don't believe that's the problem.

He mentioned that they just took more time, but never did they not respond to one of his tickets. Travis is a member here, yes. Fine guy to speak with as well.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.
      0 Not allowed!

I generally recieve a response within a few minutes to an hour when submitting a ticket. If I have something that's priority I call them and have some one pick up the phone within a couple rings. The problem is always fixed right there while I'm on the phone. Probably takes you longer to type your name into a livechat then to ring them up.
      0 Not allowed!

I have been working with Liquidweb regarding moving my servers as well, and have found the same situation! Travis on this board seems very good, but their overall sales efforts are very low key.

Maybe this is a good thing - better tech support than sales! Everyone seems to agree that their service response is excellent! It ticks me off a bit to have to out a little effort into getting a salesperson, but I had the same issues with Rackspace, and I think it's impressive that their management takes the time to defend their company on this board.
      0 Not allowed!

Response times...

Thank you for the kind words and sharing your experiences.

I am very sorry if anyone has received 3 hour response times for sales questions. This is not acceptable and we will correct this situation. I am looking into this right now with our management.

We are hiring techs as fast as we can get them

I know phone doesn't work for some people but you should get right through if you give us a call.

If anyone on here can PM their ticket with slow response time I will personally look into it and provide you satisfaction (possibly a discount )
    Travis Stoliker
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand
      0 Not allowed!

Since I made my initial post the response time improved dramatically. So the "3 hours average" is not true for my case anymore. I guess it was just an exception for a couple of tickets.
      0 Not allowed!

When I had a server with LiquidWeb their email response times were pretty good. *Real* telephone support as well.

Tempted to move back to them as I may be opening up another US server. Good company last I experienced of them.
      0 Not allowed!

My tickets have been responded too within 5 minutes to 5 hours generally. However, I dont mind because I only submit tickets for things I know I can wait for.

If it is an emergency, I will call them....and the phone is always answered in under 2 minutes.

Hope that helps
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebTravis
    We are hiring techs as fast as we can get them
    I see this as an inherrent problem - sales and support staff should be seperate (but related within the scheme of things). Obviously, support inquiries get higher priority, but what happens if the queue is filled with sales tickets and an urgent support ticket comes in - but everyone is already busy responding to sales inquiries? The logical thing that I see happening would be is that:

a) the customer would call in and get their issue taken care of at the cost of a few sales inquiries (if they are US based, or wish to pay international call charges).

b) The customer waits for the barrage of sales tickets to be completed so their issue can be addressed appropriately.

While most people would probbably do (a) as a follow-up to an urgent ticket, it really shouldn't happen that way if the issue is of an emergency or critical nature - it still shouldn't happen that this is neccessary.

However, I can also see the point of tasking the support team with sales inquiries - 24/7 coverage. This is all well and good, but I would set it up so there's a designated tech or two to cover sales inquiries after-hours, leaving everyone else to do their paid job: supporting existing customers.

I'm not trying to put LW or anyone else down, but to compress two departments into one, while it makes financial and strategic sense to LW, seems to be hurting both new and current customers as evidenced by this thread (and I'm sure there are many others like it if you search).

Just my $0.02 cents.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!
      0 Not allowed!

I think they should have a better ticket system with urgency of the ticket as an option. That may create some abuse, but for the most part I think it works.
      0 Not allowed!

Their tickets do take a while to get answered in all honesty. I find that their average ticket response time is about two-three hours which is alot when compared to other Datacenters Ive used. Telephone support is on the other hand very good, so if you dont mind calling them up when you need urgent assistance it shouldnt be a problem.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.
      0 Not allowed!

Sell those new servers at your new flashy datacenter first, and then hire techs?

3 hours for a managed provider is simply not good enough. Shouldn't have to pick up the phone if they don't want to.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertivo
    Their tickets do take a while to get answered in all honesty. I find that their average ticket response time is about two-three hours which is alot when compared to other Datacenters Ive used. Telephone support is on the other hand very good, so if you dont mind calling them up when you need urgent assistance it shouldnt be a problem.
    However, being that they are fully managed - they should be the ones contacting you in most cases to let you know that there was a problem and that they resolved it.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!
      0 Not allowed!

Zoom123... I emailed a couple of pre-sales questions just this week as I'm very interested in a shared hosting package with them. First question took 37 mins. Second question took 1 hour 51 mins. Replies were polite and answered my question (even though one answer was not what I was hoping for).

I, Brian... Are you based in the UK? Did you leave them because their servers were based in the USA? Just curious as I'm UK based and trying to figure out this whole UK v USA server thing.

0 Not allowed!

Hello,

We have been located within the Liquid Web datacenter for a year now. With network uptime being a 100% nearly every month except two in the last year, being able to call and get someone right away on the phone, and fairly quick ticket response times on the phone LW cannot be beat.

I have met and know their management staff personally. I feel welcomed when I walk into the datacenter and the tech's they have are awesome. They have a sales/tech setup for a reason. Why wouldn't you want your sales people to know everything about your network?

Just this week I call a local datacenter in regards to pricing and the sales person could not even supply which upstream providers they us. That says alot right there.

Try out LW you will not regret it.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency
      0 Not allowed!

yep hands down , LW is the best we use alot of centers, but no one i mean no one can match the staff, servers, of LW , i am moving all my other servers slowly over to LW so we will be 100% based by next year, we have to many unanswered tickets at other centers, i cant beleive alot of centers can abuse there customers and get away with it, LW gets my stamp of approval
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    However, being that they are fully managed - they should be the ones contacting you in most cases to let you know that there was a problem and that they resolved it.
    You're right, that should be in the case of a proactive, fully managed dedicated server provider, but they're rather reactive, to say the least.

And tickets still take 2-3 hours to receive first answer, which doesn't mean it's the *solution* to the issue reported.

We still have one VPS account there, but we are moving away really soon.
    DirectorioVPS · List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting · The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!
      0 Not allowed!

You're right, that should be in the case of a proactive, fully managed dedicated server provider, but they're rather reactive, to say the least.
    They advertise proactive though...
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business
      0 Not allowed!

They do proactive server updates. If a new kernal comes out in a week time all servers have the new kernal, security update, ect.

They do actively watch the servers; however, if they miss the server being down because of apache or ftp is the only one down you cannot blame them for it when your not doing your job on the server side.

They will install, update, and support software within their scope and tech support does go out of the way to help you. As long as, you call to start the process you are fine. Our servers do not go down because of the fact that we have LW on speed dail and the server(s) are well tuned.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency
      0 Not allowed!

Is there such a thing as a true proactive provider that will actually email you with notifications when there are issues with your server but not to worry - because they are already looking into it? And I mean a true email - not something set up through monitoring software like nadios or hybodus where they just customize the outgoing warning message to make it appear they are readily on the case.

(starbucks venti latte yum in the tum break)

0 Not allowed!

Sounds like a bunch of whining and attacking to me. Some of it bordering on self promotion. I have used MOST of the popular data centers here and can tell you that my experiences with Liquidweb were all good when I was there. In fact I would rate the support there to be at the top of the heap and downtime was close to zero.
    Synchronized Swimmer
      0 Not allowed!

Self promotion? on WHT? are you crazy? That would never happer or be a driving factor behind this forum. It's there. It always will be. Let's not whine at the whining.

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast