Thread: Wierd DNS Issue

Wierd DNS Issue

I have a domain i own and registered with godaddy. The domain is web-dns-server.net. I setup two hosts in godaddy's control panel, ns1.web-dns-server.net (which should point to 208.64.31.91) and ns2.web-dns-server.net (which should point to 76.164.229.8) both of which are configured with godaddy to point to the correct IP, however I cannot access any of my websites that use these name servers, i tried pinging the name servers and found them resolving to a diffrent IP (both resolved to 82.98.86.173) than what is configured with godaddy.

After contacting godaddy support they said,

"According to a whois lookup at the registry, ns1.web-dns-server.net and ns2.web-dns-server.net are pointing to the same IP addresses you have specified in the Domain Manager. I have included these results below:

Server Name: NS1.WEB-DNS-SERVER.NET
    IP Address: 208.64.31.91
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

Server Name: NS2.WEB-DNS-SERVER.NET
    IP Address: 76.164.229.8
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com"

This appears however not to just be an isolated issue with me or my ISP, when I try to access one of my websites using an online proxy site (proxify.com and guardster.com) neither can find my site.

Any ideas as to what could be going on or how to resolve this issue?

http://pftkenya.org is one of the domains using these nameservers that aren't resolving, can anyone else confirm that they cannot access it?

GoDaddy still has your name servers set to ns1.sedoparking.com and ns2.sedoparking.com:

Code:
    $ whois web-dns-server.net
     Domain servers in listed order:
          NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
          NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM
    If you're trying to point your domain at your own name servers, you'll need to register them as name servers servers (to add the glue record at the root servers) and then tell GoDaddy to use these new servers instead of the current ones.

I am not familiar with GoDaddy so I can't offer specific advice on how to use their interface to do this.
    SqueakSoft.com
    Secondary DNS hosting - unlimited zones
    Zimbra Hosting - Professional Edition

Sorry, I missed the domain you mentioned at the end. It's set up right, but you still need to fix the servers for web-dns-server.net. I believe those sedoparking.com servers are always going to return the same IP (for parking) no matter what subdomain or host you request. Until you fix this, ns1 and ns2.web-dns-server.net will resolve to 82.98.86.173 and no queries will make it to your own servers.
    SqueakSoft.com
    Secondary DNS hosting - unlimited zones
    Zimbra Hosting - Professional Edition

i see what you're saying it appears that is the case because the name servers are resolving to the same IP as web-dns-server.net which i parked at sedo to make some money. Seems I will need to change that. Thanks for that insight.

contact go daddy for tech support then