VPS with multiple IPs

Hello,

Does anyone know of a provider offering cheap VPS with several IPs ? Say 50 to 100 ? This is for running a VPN service.

The config could be 256 mb ram, 1 gb space n 10 gb bandwidth. (Should be upgradable )

This is for one of our long term good clients We are not able to match the price so just want to help him find a good provider.

Unfortunately IP's arn't cheap these days.
    When you want IP's in that kind of quantity its hard to find as the host doesn't really make any profit on the IP's... so normally they arn't to excited about using a load of them for $5 profit.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

I doubt many providers will issue that many IPs to a single VPS. Most providers I know of cap a VPS at anywhere from 8-16
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

maybe you can buy IP Class C from provider
    i think not cheap.
    Mail server - Thailand web hosting provider & Mail server solutions provider
    VPS - Virtual private servers in thailand by Virtuozzo Containner

Class C IPs are expensive than normal IPs.

Does anyone know of a host who sells cheap IPs with VPS ?

What do you consider cheap? For that number of IPs I doubt any provider will sell it below their cost at the minimum.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by techiways1 View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone know of a provider offering cheap VPS with several IPs ? Say 50 to 100 ? This is for running a VPN service.
    Many hosting providers offer multiple IP's starting $2/IP, but not sure if they can give you 50-100 as it might now be a profitable deal for them.
    █ All time best VPS Hosting is now more affordable
    █ Compare different VPS hosting Providers
    █ Ultimate place for Top VPS Hosting Comparison
    █ Reviews | Ratings | News | Articles | Forum | Offers

Quote Originally Posted by techiways1 View Post
    Class C IPs are expensive than normal IPs.

Does anyone know of a host who sells cheap IPs with VPS ?
    A class C is just a block of 254 IPs. However, you won't be able to buy one without having 80% utilization within a certain time frame according to ARIN guidelines.

I know FDCServers gives a good amount of IP addresses for free.

As with any provider, you will need to provide good justification for all of those IPs, what is your reasoning for having 50-100 IPs on a single VPS?

Most VPS providers can only provide 2-3 IPs for each VPS, if you want more IPs, you'll need to order them. IPs are not free for host providers.

Looking to pay $0.50 per IP . Utilization wouldn't be a prob since all IPs will be allocated right away to individual client systems.

The VPS will be running a squid proxy server or openvpn. It to provide anonymous proxy service.

Hi,

Running a proxy on a server is NOT a valid justification for RIPE/ARIN/APNIC. So any hosting provider giving you these IPs, free or to be paid, is unreasonable. All is not about money here, it's about RULES enforced by AUTHORITIES and absolutely ALL of the hosting companies are subject to it.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

It is also worth considering that to maximize the anonymity of your clients you should only use one IP address anyway.

For example:

If someone is monitoring traffic to/from my IP address, as soon as I make this post it is quite easy to associate my IP address and me.

If all of my traffic uses this IP address you can see everything that I do.

If only my traffic uses this IP address then everything done from this address is clearly me. So if someone does something sensitive on this connection, it is very obvious who it was - me.

By securely routing all your client's traffic through a single address it becomes much more difficult to associate "something sensitive" with any particular client. Of course you could match the client's (encrypted) traffic to the public (decrypted) traffic by activity if there was only one active client at that particular moment, so again, the more clients the better.

Jim
    Blue Room Hosting - High availability UK VPS
    KVM Plans - Multiple OS support. Virtual console and CD drive.

blueroom makes a good comment.

The most IP you may get without proper justification might be 10 max. This is provider dependent.

I suggest you review ARIN/APNIC/RIPE policy to understand the necessary requirements for the IPv4 space.

I dont think anyone will sell for $.50 each.

For vpn use one address and nat will handle the rest.

Good Luck

It is to operate a service similar to strongvpn.com .. or iprental.com ...
    both these providers seem to have well over 500 IPs in stock just in the US. how did the manage to get so many ?

If using each IP for a VPS is a valid justification for RIPE, why wouldn't using each IP for a VPN would be invalid ? Any ideas on this ?

The reason to have multiple IPs is to provide users the option to switch IPs . . .Sometimes they might be banned by using a specify IP so having multiple IPs allows them to switch and keep them under radar.

The reason to have multiple IPs is to provide users the option to switch IPs . . .Sometimes they might be banned by using a specify IP so having multiple IPs allows them to switch and keep them under radar.
    Why would they get banned? Anhyway...
    I'd probably just skip looking that hard for a solution for this client, point them over to existing solutions that you mentioned, probably not worth the hassle to persue this line of service provision. For me anyway.