Thread: Windows PHP

Windows PHP

Does windows support PHP?

Yes it sure does. I use it =D

www.php.net/downloads

Yes, PHP can be both used on Linux AND Windows

I have tested PHP 5.1.4 with Windows XP SP2 and Apache 2.0.58. Works great! I have also tried it with Apache 2.2.2 but no luck there. No official support or documentation yet.

It's not only for Windows, I also have problems with Apache v2.2.2 on linux in combination with Directadmin

No, Windows does not support PHP, but, Yes, PHP do support and run on Windows platforms
    Muhammad Waseem
    Inspedium Corporation (Pvt) Ltd.
    InsPanel - Hosting Control Panel for Windows 2000/2003

It do support

Quote Originally Posted by besty
    It do support
    Could you describe how did you configure PHP 5.1.4 to work with Apache 2.2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus
    Could you describe how did you configure PHP 5.1.4 to work with Apache 2.2.2?
    Lol, thats a pretty tech question to ask, for a forum post .

I would try to explain it but the typos i'd incurr and the hand ache would be too great.

I'd reccommend heading down to apache2triad. net - Its a bundled package of apache etc. version 1.5.4 has apache 2.2 and php 5.1.2.

Regards

Actually, configuring PHP 5.1.4 to work with Apache 2.0.58 is very easy.

Apache Configuration
    --------------------

1. Rename "C:\webserver\Apache2\conf\httpd-win.conf" to "httpd.conf"
    Open "C:\webserver\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf"

2. Go to line 173, below the modules section, and add the following lines:

LoadModule php5_module "C:\webserver\php\php5apache2.dll"
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

PHP Configuration
    -----------------

Make a copy of php.ini-dist rename it to php.ini and open it.

Find "extension_dir = "./" and change it to "extension_dir = "C:\webserver\php\ext\"
    Find ";extension=php_mbstring.dll" and uncomment the line by removing the ";" to enable the mbstring extension.
    Find ";extension=php_gd2.dll" and uncomment the line by removing the ";" to enable the gd2 extension.
    Find ";extension=php_mysql.dll" and uncomment the line by removing the ";" to enable the mysql extension.
    copy C:\webserver\php\php5ts.dll to %windir%\system32
    copy C:\webserver\php\libmysql.dll to %windir%\system32
    copy C:\webserver\php\php.ini to %windir%
    To enable PHP outgoing SMTP, type your SMTP server in php.ini: SMTP = my.smtp.outgoing.com

That's it!

But my question was how do I configure PHP 5.1.4 with Apache 2.2.2

And as for bundled packages, I don't trust them. I've created my own.

ive gotten php 4.4.2 and 5.1.3 to work in IIS

if any one wants to know, it was very complicated and annoying but it works out fairly well through cgi but not through aspi. if anyone can figure out how to make aspi to work please post it here. for cgi you have to enable the cgi_nph or the other function to work on IIS. windows is bad with aspi extensions since it does usually crash IIS.

Good luck porting any php scripts you write for php under windows to linux in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by cooled
    if any one wants to know, it was very complicated and annoying but it works out fairly well through cgi but not through aspi. if anyone can figure out how to make aspi to work please post it here. for cgi you have to enable the cgi_nph or the other function to work on IIS. windows is bad with aspi extensions since it does usually crash IIS.
    We're running PHP under ISAPI on IIS6 no problem, sure it takes a bit of initial setup, but if you know what you're doing it's a 10 minute job.

In terms of porting scripts I'm not too sure what you mean Darkstarx, if you apply the principles of good coding to your scripts they will move over and run on a different platform without issue.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).