How to update more than one server

Hey friends

I am with 13 servers in the planet. It would like to know it has as it updates them in a way simpler that I am doing. I update 1 for 1.

Sorry my english.

Cheers

Are they Linux Servers or Windows?

Are you using any Control Panel?
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Hey

Sorry, I forgot to write these information in post previous.
    I use Linux in all machines and use WHM.

Despite I use Linux in all machines, in case I bought a server windows, would it be possible to update more than one for time?

Cheers

Most of the control panel has got the ability to upgrade system softwares using cron or scheduling.

Explore WHM and you will see that you can set it up to upgrade itself on regular basis.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Is what you want a mass management script. One where you run a command from a mother server that will log into all other servers at once and run that command on all servers.

Is that what you are wanting to do?

For instance I have mine set up so that when I want to run for example a update on mod_security I can type the command and it will run it on all servers at once.

Maybe you can setup 1 server to perfection, then rsync it to the rest.

Then afterwards, keep doing rsyncs to keep the config/changes intact on the other servers as well.

From i understand cpanel has a global time that if you server is on automatic updates it will sync with cpanel at this time well with my 5 servers ive noticed they all update at midnight uk time every night and there in different location this may not be the same for you i dont know its just a theory
    We Sell Your Music Online
    Reccomended Host : rentaserv
    Used For 1 Year No Ploblems

Cpanel updates via cron nightly if you set it for auto updates but that is not what he is wanting to do.

There are many times you need to run the same command on all servers, I think what he wants to avoid is having to log into each server one at a time and run the command.

No i mean i have upcp alerts delivered to my email ok i dont log into the server to do them it does it sutomatically but i always recieve the emails at the same time for each server
    We Sell Your Music Online
    Reccomended Host : rentaserv
    Used For 1 Year No Ploblems

Quote Originally Posted by Techark View Post
    Cpanel updates via cron nightly if you set it for auto updates but that is not what he is wanting to do.

There are many times you need to run the same command on all servers, I think what he wants to avoid is having to log into each server one at a time and run the command.
    Techark

It is exactly that that I want to do. It would like to just to type once and sweep all the other servers automatically. Thus, I would go to avoid have to keep updating one for one.

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

The simple answer is scripts.

To execute on all servers you are going to need to use keys for ease of use and then you can just for loop the list of servers.

For example I normally do something like this,

# for i in `cat /etc/servers | head -n 8`;do $(/root/execute $i "uname -r");done
    2.6.21.3-admingeekz
    2.6.21.3-admingeekz
    2.6.21.3-admingeekz
    2.6.19.2-grsec
    2.6.21.3-admingeekz
    2.6.21.3-admingeekz
    2.6.21.3-admingeekz
    2.6.19.2-grsec

with /root/execute just using ssh from the command line to specify which key to use (the keys are stored as the hostname) and then which port etc.

It's one of the easier methods, you can also use cronjobs but you might want to stay away from that route.

What exactly do you want to "update" as such?
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

Well, I would like to update the system whenever it has an alert. I use RedHat and am written in newsletter. Whenever it arises a bug, I have to update of one for a. So, I wanted whenever it was necessary to update, update all of an unique time.

Please, someone could help.

Any hint / article / tutorial of how to do to update all the servers at the same time.

You need to write a shell script to accomplish this task. Develop a shell script that performs the "update" and write another script that will log into each servers and download the update script and runs it. In this way, you can run the update on all servers. Most of the system administers, I for one, follow this method to perform a task on multiple servers.
    || Techbrace :: 24 x 7 Outsourced Web Hosting Support since 2006
    || For Hosting Companies & Data Centres :: Helpdesk / Chat / Phone / Social Media :: cPanel / Plesk / DirectAdmin
    || Dedicated / VPS / Cloud Server Management :: Server Support On Demand :: Fully Managed Servers

I understood.

But he would have some tutorial for that? Why I use Linux, but do not know how to program in shell script. And I think I do not am going to learn in little time. If you had a tutorial, article, book, anything that can assist, even though are a little different than I want. Something for at least I try to initiate in the development of one stays how I want, it would be great.

Thank you very much by the hints.

I use a tool called Capistrano to manage multiple servers.

It was built specificially for the task. It's commonly used to roll out Ruby on Rails applications, but the way it is designed allows it to perform pretty much anything server related. I'm sure there are some great capfile tasks floating around that will enhance Cap.

www.capify.org

Thanks.

I am reading that site.

If someone can most help, with use of Shell Script.