AWS EC2 WordPress Auto Update Failed

I am new to AWS EC2. Last week, I decided to try set up CentOS 5.4 instance on AWS EC2 Singapore. I installed Apache+MySQL+PHP+PureFTPd and set up virtual hosting. Then I installed WordPress and everything was working until I tried to Add New Plugin within WordPress Admin.

Here's the error message...

"Unable to locate WordPress Content directory (wp-content)."

I also tested with Ubuntu 10.04 instance, still the same error with WordPress.

I have successfully set up LAMP web servers to run WordPress on Rackspace Cloud and Linode VPS. Now, I have no idea why it didn't work on EC2.

If you have successfully runing WordPress on EC2, please help me.

Instead of Pure-FTPd, I installed vsftpd. Still get "Unable to locate WordPress Content..." error message.

After more than 2 days of trial and errors, I found the cause of the WordPress FTP connection error. I did not open the ports for passive FTP.

Finally, I got vsftpd working with WordPress by opening ports 20-21 and 1024-1048.

Login Credentials

After you opened the ports....what login credentials did you give your wordpress installation so it could use ftp?

Quote Originally Posted by Cercare View Post
    After more than 2 days of trial and errors, I found the cause of the WordPress FTP connection error. I did not open the ports for passive FTP.

Finally, I got vsftpd working with WordPress by opening ports 20-21 and 1024-1048.
    Great job! I'd have tried to help you out if I noticed this thread. Trial and error paid off. Now you have what you want and can provide support for it in the future!

Support

Well can you provide some support for me? I am still trying to figure out how to set everything up[ correctly