Why doesn't Vortech/Matrix answer its phones?

I have been trying to get a hold of Vortech/MatrixReseller on its "24/7/365" phone support lines for the last 3 days, and I keep getting a recorded message saying that no one is available to take my call. They usually do get back in touch with me when I send them an email, and they're very nice, but I sent one this morning at around 8:30am, and it's now 1:21 pm, and still nuthin. Not even an automated response. Every phone call attempt is a long distance call charge for me once the recorded message hits.

I went to their support page to send a trouble ticket, but that just gives me their knowledgebase with no discernable way to send a trouble ticket. None of their subject headings seems to address my "trouble."

I'm a newbie reseller - just for my web design clients - so I'm ignorant of a few things. I do, however, know how to set up email accounts in my email client, Entourage. When I first open Entourage, and it sends and receives, I get a message that my root certificate is not installed. I don't usually get the message again while Entourage is open. I told Vortech about this, and they asked me to check certain settings--

"your incoming/outgoing server settings are XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    your username is the full e-mail address
    you are using the correct password
    "My outgoing mail server requires authentication" is checked.

I've checked these settings, and they are all correct. Still, when I open Entourage, I get the missing root certificate error message.

Any thoughts on any of this? I've had so many problems getting things set up that I'm starting to feel too stupid for words. Yet I'm not.

Hi clanmesa,

Representatives of Vortech frequent these forums - maybe they will be able to get someone assigned to resolve your issues.

Getting over the first few steps when first establishing a reseller account is usually the most challenging - once you get through this, things will be much easier...

Regarding your entourage problem specifically - here is a good resource to review - this is a known issue and can be resolved... (Im assuming an MS exchange server is being used?)

http://www.themachelpdesk.com/module...atid=&topic=19
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

My ISP is Eart*****. I don't even want to think aboout calling *their* technical support. MS Exchange server? Pfffttt. I don't know.

I'll check out that link. Thanks!

Theresa

MS Exchange server?
    This would be on the hosts end

I don't even want to think aboout calling *their* technical support.
    Vortech frequents these forums and Im sure they will step up and help you resolve your issues....

Hopefully the rest of your experience goes more smoothly....
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

I sure hope so, thanks. I'm starting to go out of my mind with frustration. If I weren't so swamped with work, it might be better, but I don't have time for recorded messages and unanswered email (we're at 6 hours with nary a response).

I read the stuff in the link. Might as well have been another language. I'm more a front-end person trying to learn the back end. Unfortunately, my front-end clients keep giving me more work. Arrgghh! Great, but not so great.

Theresa

Brian at Vortech/Matrix is just the nicest guy when you can get through to him. I finally got through, and it looks like he's solved the problem.

I think they just need at least another tech person or two.

Theresa (praying I don't need to call again for a while)

We are there 24/7/365 what time are you calling, we have seen some increase in the phone calls over the past few weeks. But if you leave a message we do call back.

Also submitting a ticket is super easy http://vortechsupport.com/ click Submit a Ticket and follow it all the way to the end. This can some times be the fastest way to get us if we are getting a lot of calls. We are trying to the calls back under control. Most seem to be new users just needing help and those can take a little time due to how big H-Sphere is.

We did up our techs this past month due to the calls going up, but then a few of them have gotten really sick here as of late. Most are better now.

You are right as well brain is super nice guy.

Well, I sent an email to suppport@matrixreseller.com. Not even an automated response. I tried calling at 8:30 this morning. I kept trying to call - probably at least 20 times just today. "No one is here to take your call." I left a voice message this afternoon. Waited an hour or so. No call back. Still no response to the email. Finally called around 4:30 this afternoon. Success!! I got Brian.

Might I suggest that, even though your number is not an 800 number, you offer your callers an opportunity to wait on hold, leave a voicemail, or send an email. I know you're busy, but if you say your phone support is 24/7/365, do NOT give me a recorded message saying no one is available to take my call. That immediately tells me that your support is NOT 24/7/365. Heck, I even tried calling your sales department and got the same message! In the middle of the day! On a weekday!

This has not been a good start to our vendor-customer relationship. I have enough stress as it is. I see, however, that a fair number of people worship the ground you walk on, so I'm going to hang in there a bit and see how things shake out.

Originally posted by clanmesa
    Might I suggest that, even though your number is not an 800 number, you offer your callers an opportunity to wait on hold, leave a voicemail, or send an email. I know you're busy, but if you say your phone support is 24/7/365, do NOT give me a recorded message saying no one is available to take my call. That immediately tells me that your support is NOT 24/7/365. Heck, I even tried calling your sales department and got the same message! In the middle of the day! On a weekday!

This has not been a good start to our vendor-customer relationship. I have enough stress as it is. I see, however, that a fair number of people worship the ground you walk on, so I'm going to hang in there a bit and see how things shake out.
    It's good to see constructive feedback from a customer who is not going over the deep end.

If you have the same problem after 3 or so attempts to contact their support, then you might consider changing. But it's definately worth giving them another few chances. Sometimes even the best hosts have bad days, and maybe you got them on a day when multiple support techs called in sick, etc. That happens.

Good luck!
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

clanmesa,

I will call our phone vender this week and see if we can't change it to a wait for some one or press a button to leave a message other than just putting you in to voice mail. I know our phone system can do this, at the time we did not need it 2 years ago when we first go that phone system, now it seems the on hold option might be better.

Thanks and I hope things only get better for you. Not sure whats going on with the ticket system your not the first one to say this now. Hmm..

Thank you for your attentiveness, really. I debated whether or not to post something here, my being a new Matrix/Vortech customer and all. But I've gotten to an age where that stuff concerns me less and less.

I hope your tech support sitch works itself out soon. I'm sorry to be one of the newbies tying up the phone lines and troouble tickets-- hopefully for not much longer, as I get the hang of what I'm doing.

I'm not sure if the trouble tickets are only available if one has read one of the knowledgebase topics, and THEN the TT option is clearly available. But, as usually happens, I ask the questions that are NOT in the knowledgebase, and I can usually tell from the topic header whether or not that will address my problem. Sometimes I'm wrong, but not usually (at least in this regard).

Anyway, even as I rolled over the link to the trouble tickets on your support page, I could tell from the URL in my statusbar it would take me to your knowledgebase. If that's not your intent, you might want to double-check your hrefs.

I'm glad you're considering going to a "hold" system, even if you don't offer an 800 number. If I am having a problem and am freaking out (because perhaps my client is freaking out), I'd much rather wait on hold knowing I'm eventually going to get to someone, rather than wondering if the entire office staff has been given Friday off for good behavior or whatever scenario my freaking-out brain can come up with. I'm very creative, so this isn't good. The scenarios could be endless.

I sure am glad I found this forum!

Also remove to use our forums at http://forum.vortechhosting.com we are very open there and much better than posting here first as we would see it sooner.