Equivity.com - A+ Review

I am a new customer of www.Equivity.com, I bought a reseller package from them (my site is www.WebHostingGT.com - not all the way completed) for $10/month for 2Gig/20Gig. I now have 5 websites hosted with them, and every single site setup was flawless and easy. I have experienced 0 downtime so far, and POP email/website load time is lightning fast.

With regards to support, I have submitted roughly 3 trouble tickets so far (issues ranging from Frontpage extentions to domain propogation questions). Every ticket, whether it be at 11pm on a wednesday night or 2 pm on a Saturday, was answered within 20 minutes, tops. The issue was always resolved immediately. One downside could be that the answers to the trouble ticket issue, while good enough, were a little short and blunt. They always did, though, answer the question - it just might take a little more research on your part.

Here's an example: I submitted a trouble ticket asking what the code would be to provide customer login on my website homepage to get to their control panels, so that it would keep them coming back to my site. My answer to the ticket was

"I believe the forums admin, took the code that we used on our index page and put it in the forums for users, check there."

Yes, their index page had the code I wanted. But instead of just saying that the code is in the forums somewhere, I could have been nicely provided with a direct link to the topic he was referring to. It was in the forums, and I eventually found it, but that's just an example to show what I mean.

All in all, I just wanted to share my experience with people in need of reliable shared/reseller web hosting. Every single aspect of the company would get an A+ in my book, with the exception of Support, which would still get an A- . Either way, I'm impressed, to be honest.
    Last edited by WebDesignGT; 03-27-2004 at 04:19 PM.

How long been with them?

Without a url It a

.....ok? URL's included now. I've been with them for about a week now.

No offence a week is hardly enough time to judge a host, come back in 6 months.

well week not too long, most host can 100% up time.

none taken, just wanted to share the experience so far.

Oh, you will have problems with Equivity. I suspect that legitimate email is being bounced and not getting through to you at this very minute. They instituted the Sorbs RBL list and it bounced 3 emails that were sent tome. One from AT&T broadband, one from Comcast and one from Charter.net. Fortunately 2 people called me and made me aware. The third was sent by me from another account and it bounced back. They refuse to do anything about it so I will be finding another company. They have been very rude and basically told me to get lost and don't let the door hit me in the Arse on the way out.

Yeah, I've actually had an issue with that so far. One of my clients was sent an email by his father, but it was returned to him because his IP was "blacklisted" by my client.

I approached Equivity's support about the issue, and they corrected it actually in about 10 minutes.... I'm not sure who you were dealing with but every one that I have talked to has been extremely fast with their support.

Useful feedback WebHostingGT. Thanks.

I heard bad things about Equivity.com.
    You are lucky to have good time with them.

I'm also one of equivity's customers. They have helped me to setup my reseller account, and their support is pretty decent. They replied to all of my requests within about half an hour. ve been with them for about 2-3 months. My website is www.atmohost.com

Thanks
    »» AtmoHost.com « «
    »» Simple, Reliable and Affordable Hosting Solutions « «
    »» Hosting Plans « «
    »»
    AIM: AtmoSupport MSN: Atmohost@hotmail.com ICQ: 333025140 « «

Decent prices and sounds like OK service for that price. I honestly would like a poor reply in 20 minutes than a quality reply 24-hours later. If they can get me on the right track that's great, if not I usually just ask for a clarificaiton. But I just hate sitting on my hands not able to do anything.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.