Thread: WHMCS Upgrade

WHMCS Upgrade

Hey,

I have a problem with the WHMCS Upgrade. I went through the steps and everything. And deleted the Install folder after. It still says

Down for Maintenance
    An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon...

Login to the admin area and do this:

Setup - General Settings - General - Un-check "Maintenance Mode"

Let me know if that works...
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
    || -----------------
    || Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Software Licenses

Quote Originally Posted by Andre C View Post
    Hey,

I have a problem with the WHMCS Upgrade. I went through the steps and everything. And deleted the Install folder after. It still says

Down for Maintenance
    Make sure your config file is properly set. I doubt what FazeWire said is checked to begin with...
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

I can't login to Admin.
    I keep getting:

Down for Maintenance

I can't login to Admin.
    I keep getting:

Down for Maintenance
    Is your configuration.php file set correctly?
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

I went to your site and it's having an issue connecting to the DB so it has to be what i mentioned.

Do you have a backup.
    Please check you configuration.php
    Did you overwite your configuration.php with a new file ?
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post
    Do you have a backup.
    Please check you configuration.php
    Did you overwite your configuration.php with a new file ?
    He got's it fixed now.. im sure it was the config file.

It's caused by the php files and the database versions not matching. Usually a re-upload of the php files resolves this error.
    WHMCS
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    Documentation | Help Guides

Please make sure your configuration files for your current WHMCS setup is correct. This could be the critical part when upgrading.
    ® iRock Web Hosting Solutions - Your Onshore/Offshore Hosting Solutions
    ® Sales/Technical Support: https://www.irockwebhosting.com/support/
    ® Website URL: http://www.irockwebhosting.com

The configuration files are set.
    Install folder is removed.
    Everything instruction in the installation was followed but it still says
    Down for Maintenance
    And I am pretty sure everyone knows how slow WHMCS support is so they are barely even helping.

The configuration files are set.
    Install folder is removed.
    Everything instruction in the installation was followed but it still says

And I am pretty sure everyone knows how slow WHMCS support is so they are barely even helping.
    You had it fixed its mest up again?

No, I downgraded before. Then I tried the upgrade again today.

You can't downgrade WHMCS, the Databases don't work that way, Once you upgrade WHMCS and the databases have been updated then your stuck with that version unless you completely reinstall it, You need to move back to the version that you had installed with the DB Files, If you try to downgrade to a previous version you will get that error every single time, So if you was running V4.2.x and downgraded to 4.1.x then you would receive that error, You need to put 4.2.x back on the web server and upgrade to a new version that was released.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxFugleman View Post
    You can't downgrade WHMCS, the Databases don't work that way, Once you upgrade WHMCS and the databases have been updated then your stuck with that version unless you completely reinstall it, You need to move back to the version that you had installed with the DB Files, Then UPGRADE from there, The only way to downgrade is to completely reinstall WHMCS.
    I got my backup DB file and I uploaded it as well as uploaded all of the files for V4.1.1

That was how I did a fix after the first time I attempted the upgrade a few weeks ago. Now when I tried it again, I ran into the same issue I ran into the first time around.

When you are running the upgrade/downgrade installer is it shooting out any errors when its upgrading? Because it could possibly be that it's not updating your database to the new version. Trying reupping V4.1.1 and then upgrading to V4.2.1 and when upgrading look for any errors (if any) when running the installer.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.

No errors are shot out at all during installation. Also,I just checked the database and looked at the tblconfiguration table. It says that I am running Version 4.1.2. The only problem is that it still showing that the installation is in progress.
    Last edited by Andre C; 04-07-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Hmm, Seems like a big issue then (Or one of those right under your nose issues), Have you tried contacting WHMCS directly? Try repairing your databases one or several of them might be corrupted.

I did contact them like 3 hours ago. Still waiting for their reply...

If you continue to have issues, I might would order WHMCS's installation service. I would assume they would troubleshoot all upgrading issues during the upgrade.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

WHMCS has a upgrade service for 19.95$, you could probably find someone that would do it for cheaper but with WHMCS doing it you know that it get's fixed, I don't recommend hiring 3rd party to handle your sensitive data anyways.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I appreciate it much. I was able to fix the problem but deleted EVERY single file in the WHMCS folder except for the configuration.php. Then I went and did a complete upload of everything except the /install/ folder.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I appreciate it much. I was able to fix the problem but deleted EVERY single file in the WHMCS folder except for the configuration.php. Then I went and did a complete upload of everything except the /install/ folder.
    This is what i recommended you to do

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    This is what i recommended you to do
    Thanks. :-)