Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation **$80.00 Cartoon Logo Comp**

Gday,
    Running a comp for a cartoon type logo..I will say firstly though ..that this will not be a dead comp!!..Some run these comps and people go to a lot of time (=money) and are abandoned without payment or info on winners etc.. I am an honest chap and would never do this.
    On to the logo;
    The logo is for a yet to be developed forum SKATERSFORUM.COM
    The logo should be in cartoon style but not a humorous style.
    The style should be very street and cutting edge, with the clothing,equipment and attitude reflecting same. The forum style is dark and would prefer the colours to not be too bright, almost gothic. The character should of course have a skate board but I will leave the pose up to you. If you would like to suggest a slogan and I like it, there will be a nice bonus . Some other things to note;
    1. This comp is not being run at any other site, only here.
    2. The comp will run for one week,
    3. I may finish the comp at any time,
    4. There will be a winner regardless of everything,
    5. The winner will be paid even if the logo is not used,
    6. I am a huge fan of Castlemelody (consul) and Brian Goff, their portfolios are a bit "happy" for this project however, it would be great with a similar technique but darker style.
    7. Payment will be made immediatley by paypal when the winner is announced.
    8. If the logo is that good, there will probably be further work for the winner such as banners, entry page, flash etc sometime in the future.

I have tried to include as much detail as I can, but if there is anything I have missed or questions please postem...I work in the "outside" world so I will check back as often as I can. If you know of any person who may be interested in this comp can you please let them know of this thread.

Thanx for your time,
    Bobby.
    www.skatersforum.com

Here's my take on it.

I went for a somewhat "dark, goth" flavor, tell me what you think.

xcellent

Originally posted by mbleigh
    Here's my take on it.

I went for a somewhat "dark, goth" flavor, tell me what you think.
    Thats a very good entry, as luck would have it that dull yellow on the wheels is the same yellow as the only highlight on the grey/black forum.

I like the movement very much, I would also like to see a static examples however. I also like the idea of a ghoulish type face as you have done. A couple of things though, the face does need something more, the mouth going outiside the border of the face is a bit tricky on the eye and the eyes themselves maybe just a bit more expressive detail.....a very good entry all round!.

ps...skatersforum.com not skaterforums.com lol
    www.skatersforum.com

Nice first entry by mbleigh.

Hopefully Castlemelody(consul) and SOS(sergio suanez) will also enter.

This will be a fun one to watch!

With modifications

Spruced up the face, fixed the text (surprisingly difficult to do, actually :-P) Also worked on the left hand a little bit. Feedback?

Also not sure what you mean by "movement" versus "static"

better

With modifications

Spruced up the face, fixed the text (surprisingly difficult to do, actually :-P) Also worked on the left hand a little bit. Feedback?

Also not sure what you mean by "movement" versus "static"
    Thanks mbleigh, thats much better, by movement i mean that your charachter is implying motion, a static charachter for example would just be standing or sitting etc, not necessarily doing anything just posing more or less, sorry for the confusion.
    www.skatersforum.com

ah...well, I'll probably wait a while before I try to make a whole new one

But I won't wait to keep making revisions.

I think the face looks a lot better like this, if perhaps a little bit insane

quirky

ha...absolutley thats better, character has personality now, looks great, with a hint of psychosis...great job
    www.skatersforum.com

mbleigh, could I ask what software you have used to create these logos?

Re: quirky

I think the face looks a lot better like this, if perhaps a little bit insane
    Originally posted by KoLdArKnEsS
    character has personality now, looks great, with a hint of psychosis...great job
    hehe....

Hello, i think my style exactly macht with the work you need.

CHARACTER A BIT DARK

CHARACTER DARKER

LOGOS

FULL PORTFOLIO

I usually dont work for contest, im wondering if there is some choice to be hired only on person.

GEN T: thanks a lot mate, much appreciated

Wow some of the work here is quality, hard to choose.
    Easily Affordable & Quality Banners at the lowest Prices around (See Site) - Coffeee.Net

sergiosuanez's and mbleigh's designs look great. Keep 'em coming!
    3D Host - Web, Movie & Active Worlds Hosting (Since 1998)

geez

Originally posted by sergiosuanez
    Hello, i think my style exactly macht with the work you need.

CHARACTER A BIT DARK

CHARACTER DARKER

LOGOS

FULL PORTFOLIO

I usually dont work for contest, im wondering if there is some choice to be hired only on person.

GEN T: thanks a lot mate, much appreciated
    thats some serious talent serg!
    www.skatersforum.com

Thanks a lot, im available to do this work, if you consider hire only one person i would like do it.

You can contact me directly to sergitosuanez@hotmail.com.

Thanks guys.

Greetings everyone!

Gen-T: Thank you for the kind words.

Castlemelody has decided not to join any WHT contest because it has no mechanism for a guaranteed contest.

To the contest holder, we don't mean that we don't trust.
    It is just our policy right now because of previous experiences with unguaranteed contests.

However, you and others are invited to try our custom illustration package.

To the participants of the contest, we wish you well and good luck. This is an opportunity to showcase your skills.

Take care all!

P.S. Greet your mothers, a Happy Mother's Day.
    I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

thats great, nice work. I pmed you with some work

Thanx

Originally posted by consul
    Greetings everyone!

Gen-T: Thank you for the kind words.

Castlemelody has decided not to join any WHT contest because it has no mechanism for a guaranteed contest.

To the contest holder, we don't mean that we don't trust.
    It is just our policy right now because of previous experiences with unguaranteed contests.

However, you and others are invited to try our custom illustration package.

To the participants of the contest, we wish you well and good luck. This is an opportunity to showcase your skills.

Take care all!

P.S. Greet your mothers, a Happy Mother's Day.
    Thats ok consul, I understand..thanks for taking the time to look in and i hope your Mum had a good day
    www.skatersforum.com

i have made a design but i am new to this website how do i transfer it so you can see it
    ?
    carl bugden
    curtain studios

Gday carl
    you can just upload it to your site and post a link to it,,,thanx for making an entry
    www.skatersforum.com

Gday all..the quality and talent of the entries both posted here and sent directly through continues to amaze me..very happy with the excellent standard..and I look very much forward to seeing any further entries..cheers all (about five days to go)
    www.skatersforum.com

Any other modifications you would like me to make to mine? I'd like to know where I stand since all the other entries were apparently sent directly.

Good Mornin mbleigh, is far as I can see all that it is missing is for you to sign it! It is certainly a strong frontrunning entry, if you would like to know where you stand, Id say at the moment the decision lies between your entry and one other. Unless there is something you can think of, I really cant see any modifications that need to be made...
    Cheers,
    Bobby
    www.skatersforum.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast