The HELM cpanel any good?

I may buy a reseller package from resellerguru.com which comes with the Helm control panel. Is this a good platform for the panel? I have always used cpanel so i am very nervous about this, please, your thoughts.

It's a very good control panel for windows.
    Jumpto Media | Your Technology Experts!
    ■ Experts in setting up, configuring, securing, and managing Linux & Windows servers.
    ■ Experts with almost all control panels, scripts, apps, and softwares.
    ■ Experts Guaranteed Work.

personally HELM has always been my favorite control panel, its really good

check they offer the latest helm control panel, it comes with appl packs, its really good
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Helm is a great control panel - the interface is easy to get to grips with, if you have no problems with cpanel then you arent likely to have problems with Helm!

Good stable control panel. More flexible then Plesk.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

HELM is best of all... Easy.... Excellent features ...

Easy to administer at both the user end and admin ;-)

good: stable, easy to use
    bad:
    - dont have backup/restore feature. I really hate it. Trying to move accounts from one server to another, but all Helm staff return that Helm doesnt support that. I dont know why they can miss such important feature
    - cannot switch users between resellers, cannot switch end-user to reseller (these features can be done by another program, developed by one of their partners)

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn
    dont have backup/restore feature... Trying to move accounts from one server to another
    Actually we have a tool called the "Helm Restore Tool" that can be used to restore a single domain a service or an entire server if needed from the configuration stored in the database on the control server. You can also use the same tool to move sites from one server to another.

If you need more information feel free to contact me directly.
    Mark Hall
    Founder and COO
    WebHost Automation Limited
    http://www.Helm4.com

Helm is comparatively much better piece of software compare to Plesk. Similarly its more stable on windows machine.

Blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saksher
    Helm is comparatively much better piece of software compare to Plesk. Similarly its more stable on windows machine.

Blessed.

I agree it is a good one with Windows. Could you tell how comparitively it is a much better piece of software.?Similarly everybody can post and say each and every software is comparitively much better? your statement is more generic..

Signature

heh "HELM" is so far the best control panel for Windows.
    ■ Experts in setting up, configuring, securing, and managing Linux & Windows servers.

Signature:

1. Helm supports Single/Multiple Servers best feature seen so far.

2. Not really, but anywas Helm is supported by most of the billing system (ModernBill, ClientExec, and Others)

3. Hmm incorrect it's not always the control panel, if you are newb enough not to know how to use the control it's not the companys fault that you are a newb.

4. Just cause it has the oldest community doesn't mean it's the best. It doesnt prove anything to me, a new company with good control panel / support = the best to me.

Anyways "Helm" is so far the best i've seen and used.
    Last edited by JumptoMedia; 06-07-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenHost
    Signature:

1. Helm supports Single/Multiple Servers best feature seen so far.

2. Not really, but anywas Helm is supported by most of the billing system (ModernBill, ClientExec, and Others)

3. Hmm incorrect it's not always the control panel, if you are newb enough not to know how to use the control it's not the companys fault that you are a newb.

4. Just cause it has the oldest community doesn't mean it's the best. It doesnt prove anything to me, a new company with good control panel / support = the best to me.

Anyways "Helm" is so far the best i've seen and used.
    Doesn't Helm have a built in billing system so you don't require additional billing software?

Helm does have internal billing system but it also supports few third party ones like MB, AWBS.

Thanks
    ¶ Rubal Jain // E-Mail - Rubal [at] Rubal.Net
    ¶ Helm Control Panel Setup, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting
    ¶ Helm Server Move, Service Migrations, Restorations, IP Renumbering
    ¶ Windows Server Setup, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Basic Security & Hardening

On a consumer side, Helm seems to be pretty good. I have had a few problems with it and my hosting company seemed to have problems getting support but other than that, it is a fairly easy control panel.

best control panel ever!

We use Helm with AWBS primarily because Helm standard billing couldn't handle a complex set of tax rules we had to deal with and we've been really happy with both of these products together.

Helm is good if you plan on growing or want to distribute resources on dedicated machines. A lot of Control Panels assume all the services are on the same machine as the web site, with Helm you can control easily what goes where and move services quickly with the Helm Restore Tool. Get the 30 day trial and check it out.

Helm 4 is just around the corner so you might want to wait another couple of weeks (at least the rumour mill says it will happen soooooooon ;-)