Thread: Enom?

Enom?

Hi there

can anyone tell me, in simple english what an enom account is

thanks guys
    Liam

It's an account at enom.com that allows you to register domains. There are different versions or whatever you want to call them that have different prices for domains, usually you can get domains cheap by getting an account through an enom reseller like pageclickdomains.com

ah i c
    but how do they work, are they expensive?

how do they benifit you, how do you go about getting one?

thanks JT
    Liam

Liam,
    I just signed up with an Enom reseller account last night. What it will allow me to do is resell Domain names. It will cost me $500 credit up front. However that credit goes towards future domain purchases.

Say for instance client John Doe wants domain JohnDoeWins.com with his hosting package. When he signs up for hosting, He opts for to register the domain at the same time, through me. It costs me $8.95 per .com/.net/.org domain. I then charge John Doe what I want per year per domain name. Say I want to charge $10/year for domains. John Doe pays me an added $10/year and my credit balance is now $490 on Enom.

Hope that helps...
    John "Exon" Pinkerton
    exon@exonnet.net
    http://www.exonnet.net

Just sign up for free, and then when you have the money credit your account.
    John "Exon" Pinkerton
    exon@exonnet.net
    http://www.exonnet.net

From my understanding, it's a tiered domain reseller set-up. An existing reseller has the ability to set up domain reseller accounts under his account and gets a cut of your sales.

For that reason, $8.95 reseller accounts are virtually free, or you can pick one up for say $1 on ebay.

If you do it this way rather than signing up directly with Enom, there's no need to pay so much in advance. Once you've deposited $100, your account is up and running and you can sell domains at whatever price you choose, with and without several available add-on features.

There are several ways to do this, including a free option called Registry Rocket, details on the Enom website.

Yeah, if you're interested, you can easily get them for free from various people on this forum just go to related offers & requests and ask.
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

Enom is great and they are popular because they offer so many bells and whistles (i.e. forwarded emails, URL forwarding, etc). But they aren't the ONLY game in town. If money is an issue, you might want to checkout:

www.Directi.com
    www.OnLineNIC.com

They both also offer reseller accounts.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted by timh
    From my understanding, it's a tiered domain reseller set-up. An existing reseller has the ability to set up domain reseller accounts under his account and gets a cut of your sales.

For that reason, $8.95 reseller accounts are virtually free, or you can pick one up for say $1 on ebay.

If you do it this way rather than signing up directly with Enom, there's no need to pay so much in advance.
    Signing up direct with enom provides what benefits? A better price than $8.95/ domain year?
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    ۪Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    ¬Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat

eNom Reseller accounts direct from eNom require the following upfront:

$8.95 - $495.00
    $7.95 - $3,975.00
    $6.95 - somewhere close to $7,000.00

All money paid is used as a deposit which has the respective amount shown above, deducted from "your" account whenever you buy a Domain name.

What amount you choose to sell Domain names at, determines your profit margin. One can also use the eNom "Rocket Registry" for collecting money, but eNom will charge you; 3% of your selling price + .95 cents for each sale. They also hold your money for 90 days -- chargeback protection I was told.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Originally posted by Website Rob

$6950 to be exact.

8.95 accoutns are free from anyone here pretty much

Originally posted by Website Rob
    eNom Reseller accounts direct from eNom require the following upfront:

$8.95 - $495.00
    $7.95 - $3,975.00

All money paid is used as a deposit which has the respective amount shown above, deducted from "your" account whenever you buy a Domain name.

What amount you choose to sell Domain names at, determines your profit margin. One can also use the eNom "Rocket Registry" for collecting money, but eNom will charge you; 3% of your selling price + .95 cents for each sale. They also hold your money for 90 days -- chargeback protection I was told.

What is the "rocket registry" or whatever? An API/tempate sytem for a resellers site that also provides processing services?

Or is just a site you send people to with your reseller id?
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat

Registry Rocket is a simple way to add domain registrations to your website. You can be ready in 5 minutes.

is this the proper URL?

http://www.registry-rocket.com

lol... no, the whois on that domain says that is Anweb.net.

But it is an excellent example of how RegistryRocket works. Anweb used a template that looks just like the RegistryRocket site. You put in your desired domain name , hit enter, and then notice how the url address changes from Registry-Rocket.com to RegistryRocket.com. You are then on enom's site which has the SSL cert and handles the final stages of finalizing the sale and collecting payment via credit card.

If you want technical details of how it works, you should contact enom directly instead of getting it second hand.

Best of luck...

Originally posted by Gump
    What is the "rocket registry" or whatever? An API/tempate sytem for a resellers site that also provides processing services?

Or is just a site you send people to with your reseller id?
    It does provides processing services for Credit Cards and/or PayPayl.

I think you can find more details and a demo I suppose at www.enom.com. The sales people are also very fast in sending you replies to your queries... Registry Rocket is good way to start with...
    Bagfull Interweb Inc.
    Windows and Linux Affordable Hosting and Cheap Domain Names.
    Powerful Dual Xeon Processors, 24x7 Support, PayPal Accepted
    http://www.bagfull.net/

may i ask a question?

hello all
    i've a domain register at www.dnbuy.com ( a company of enom - i think so ), and now, i can't renew my domain ! anyone have any idea about that ?

Re: may i ask a question?

Originally posted by svfrance
    i've a domain register at www.dnbuy.com ( a company of enom - i think so )...
    enom allows INDEPENDENT resellers to use their services as a domain registrar. If you would bother to do a whois inquiry as I did, you would see that dnbuy.com apparently is owned and operated by DN Buy, Inc. of Canada.

Originally posted by svfrance
    ... and now, i can't renew my domain ! anyone have any idea about that ?
    Not a lot of detail there... It seems unlikely that any domain registration company would turn down your money for a renewal for no good reason. There has to be something your not telling us... Did you lose your password? Was your credit card declined? Did you even contact them? Their whois contact information looks valid...

Considering that they are in Canada, perhaps they are having temporary problems with this major power outage that has affected eastern Canada and United States...

Welcome to the forum, svfrance, we like to help people, but you haven't given us much to work with.

Is there enough money (deposit) in the account to pay for the renewal? If not, you will have to put some in -- min. $100.

I think it is a retail account, not a reseller account... so no deposit required.