Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PowerMonster Review

Hi everyone, i wanted to share my experience with powermonster.net. I've never written a review like this before so i hope i don't make any reviewing faux pas.

Just over a year ago i made a post here asking about what web designers do as far as hosting for clients go. Scott from powermonster offered a partnership setup for me which we discussed and agreed on.

I currently have 3 websites of my own and several client websites setup on my own custom hosting plans provided by powermonster. I have no complaints, uptime has been excellent, support is unheard of (often immediate) and Scott is always willing to offer advice, answer questions and work with me on any issues i have. Bandwidth is generous, i so far haven't found any limitations to what i need as far as features go.

I'm just about to setup my first ecommerce project for a client using Magento, before i went ahead with this project i had several questions about security, bandwidth, ecommerce options etc. which Scott was happy to discuss with me.

I'd definitely recommend powermonster to anyone.

I am glad you like this host I signed up with them about a month or so ago.
    I agree with you on support and uptime.
    Oh did you also notice the speed? Oh My I moved my blog over to them the other day do to issues with whirlhost and boy is it fast.

I've got a hosting account with PowerMonster as well, and they're very good. Support is great, and the servers are fast.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowPixel View Post
    Scott from powermonster offered a partnership setup for me which we discussed and agreed on.
    If the two of you are in a partnership, wouldn't your review be self promotion of powermonster?

Hmm CrazyPenguin does have a point. So I wonder if this is against the rules.
    Oh and not to be rude but having the url to your site helps too.

I guess the mods would have to be the final judge, but she doesn't sell powermonster space outright. She offers powermonster space to her web-design customers as part of a complete package. She has her own plans that are entirely different from our plans and it's a bit like a reseller setup without the reseller account. She just purchases one of her plan accounts when she needs to for a client, but the mods will have to make the final judgement.

Thanks for the review, we do appreciate it and we're glad all three of you are our customers!
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Are all 3 of us customers that posted in this thread female?
    I know 2 of us are as you said she in your post and I am a she. ^_^

Yeah partnership probably isn't the right word, i basically purchase accounts at a discounted price for my customers. This is definitely not self promotion since i have no actual investment in powermonster only a deal where they provide cheaper hosting for me that i then provide for my customers. Like Scott said, more like a reseller but without a reseller account.

My site is: http://www.yellowpixeldesigns.com and yep i'm a female LOL! The speed is excellent Amy!

Well....it is always good to have happy customers. I believe their customers are happy so they are expressing themselves.

yep sounds like a reseller type account. I have the oposite type of an account. I purchased a reseller but use it just for me.

Thanks powerMonster-Scott and YellowPixel for clarifying your situation. Congratulations to PowerMonster for receiving consistent positive reviews on WHT!

Thanks for the review. And customer satisfaction is a nice thing to see. Come back again to update us in future.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowPixel View Post
    Just over a year ago i made a post here asking about what web designers do as far as hosting for clients go. Scott from powermonster offered a partnership setup for me which we discussed and agreed on.
    So, as a result of your post within the main forums, they contacted you here and offered you a deal?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    So, as a result of your post within the main forums, they contacted you here and offered you a deal?
    I didn't interpret it that way but I can see it now that I re-read it.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

I did not see it that way either. I saw it as She was asking about webhosting here and Found power monster and asked them about it out side of this site.

I'm glad to hear that you're satisfied with PowerMonster! I've heard many positive things about them lately, so well done Scott & co for providing such an excellent service.

I wish you the best of luck with your host!

I have 2 packages with powermonster.net for over 6 months. I am a simple customer who can vouch for a solid hosting business that Scott has created.

Thanks, Holiday, for your kind words!

We look forward to working with you for the next 6 months and beyond!

Here is the thread where YellowPixel asked for some advice:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=702275

From here she contacted us and we worked out the details. She didn't have enough posts to even send a PM, so she did it via our contact page.

This is just to clarify the situation. I don't want it to appear as if we went around soliciting business.

I do not see that you broke any rules or did any thing wrong. Your customer didn't either.
    I even have a deal with you and I was not even active on this forum when I made the deal. I was just needing some thing to replace my vps and you were in my list of potential hosts as you have directadmin.
    Even though I did not move the site I wanted to over to you I did move one of my sites over to you.

THEY have a nice website and their new community forum looks great.

Thanks Amy and bdkane! We appreciate it!

Good luck to both and good luck to powermonster.com!
    I am sure Amy-T is much happier now
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Just got done with another host, and was not at all pleased. My little bit of research has led me to PowerMonster, and I'm about to sign up for the lite package to accommodate my small portfolio. Looking forward to it, as everything I've read is very positive.

Just got done with another host, and was not at all pleased. My little bit of research has led me to PowerMonster, and I'm about to sign up for the lite package to accommodate my small portfolio. Looking forward to it, as everything I've read is very positive.
    Good Luck, Do make sure to research the company before making your official purchase.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast