Question How can I ID what IPs a host uses?

If I want to locate what websites might be hosted by any given webhost, I thought I might first try to determine what IP range that webhost uses and then work from there.

So how can I figure out what IP addresses any given webhost owns?

And/or, is there a better/easier way for me to find an entire listing of websites that are hosted at any given webhost?
    Thanks

Try dnsstuff.com to have a look about the Ip range they use

Thanks for the reply.

After doing that (and samspade.org as well) I realize that my first question wasn't well thought out. Since so many (all?) hosts used shared IPs for their hosting, just having the IP range doesn't really get to the heart of my search. I don't know how many of the IPs in the range are used for hosting (as opposed to DNS servers etc) and even of the ones that are used for hosting sites, I don't know how to find all the sites that might be hosted at any one IP address

So, is there some other way to do this? To figure out what sites are hosted by a webhost without asking them outright?
    Thanks

Originally posted by FrankieG
    Thanks for the reply.

After doing that (and samspade.org as well) I realize that my first question wasn't well thought out. Since so many (all?) hosts used shared IPs for their hosting, just having the IP range doesn't really get to the heart of my search. I don't know how many of the IPs in the range are used for hosting (as opposed to DNS servers etc) and even of the ones that are used for hosting sites, I don't know how to find all the sites that might be hosted at any one IP address

So, is there some other way to do this? To figure out what sites are hosted by a webhost without asking them outright?
    Thanks
    FrankieG,
    Are you trying to harvest web accounts from competitors?
    You naughty boy...

Originally posted by Papa Smurff
    FrankieG,
    Are you trying to harvest web accounts from competitors?
    You naughty boy...
    No, actually not. Even if I was a reseller, I'm not sure that's the best way to get customers anyway (although I'll keep in in mind

I'm looking into a webhost for a friend and I want to see how their hosted sites respond (speed in loading the sites, uptime, etc) I'm not convinced that the host (or any host) will give up a 100% clear picture of themselves to prospective customers so I also want to contact some of their customers to see what their experiences have been. And, as much as I've personally used webhostingtalk.com in the past for my own information, I know that the vast majority of a host's customers don't hang out here.

And I'm curious by nature
    Thanks

yeah "what's that site running" in netcraft.com will give you the netblock owner of a particular site

hololi

You can't really find out.

1. The host may not have sequential IPs even on the same server
    2. The host may have multiple servers each with their own sequence. Unless you happen to know at least one client site per server. Even then, you don't know about No. 1.
    3. The netblock owner typical is the upstream. For example, for our site, it used to be Level3
    4. There has been attempts to harvest the numbers/names based on Name servers. But that is inaccurate too. Some hosts uses anonymous dns servers for some accounts (like us)

and so on and so forth.

So when you get a listing of the website, it is likely to be inaccurate
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

^^^ Correct, some hosts run their own network though:

Code:
    paul@gamingmp:~$ host -t a burstfire.net
    burstfire.net has address 195.22.128.20
    paul@gamingmp:~$ whois 195.22.128.20
    [Querying whois.ripe.net]
    [whois.ripe.net]
    http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/pub-serv...copyright.html

inetnum:      195.22.128.0 - 195.22.129.255
    netname:      BURSTFIRE-LDN-CORE
    descr:        Burstfire Networks Ltd
    descr:        Core Network (London Docklands)