View Poll Results: Wich registrar is better

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stargate

19 63.33%
  • GoDaddy

11 36.67%

Stargate vs Godaddy

Okay,I am down to deciding between 2 registrars,they both have about the same price,and both i have heard nothing but good about them.So what is your opinion?
    Stargate is a LITTLE cheaper....but godaddy is an approved(not reseller) registrar.

Stargate is also an approved registrar.
    The following link has a list of registrar. You might want to check it out. http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

I personally like stargate a little better, but it really upto you.

<edit>Sorry,I didnt realize</edit>
    Last edited by Billy; 06-23-2001 at 06:51 PM.

i voted for stargate

Question about stargate

I had tons of problem registering two of my domain names at godaddy (for over 1 month I have tried). I finally used stargate.

Question is now that I have the domain name and I am using the URL forwarding feature to send users to a static IP address.

It didn't work. Am I doing something wrong here? Or should I fiddle around with the DNS management, create my own nameservers or something like that?

I don't have this problem with nameboy, I use click in the IP address and all my traffic gets redirected correctly.

Thanks
    Make your lives easier

make sure your DNS is point to stargateinc's nameservers... and after you change the DNS, you have to wait at least 24 hours before you will see the actual domain forwarding...

if you already have the DNS pointint to stargate's nameservers and its not working, until until an afternoon and check to see if they have their humanclick support person online... then just ask them

g'luck

If you have a static IP to forward to, shouldn't you be using Stargate's DNS Panel tab to set an A record (or something like that) instead of the URL Forwarding?

Just a thought...
    Peachtree WebWorks, LLC
    http://www.peachtreewebworks.com

I'll try the DNS setting

Thanks,

I was confused. I thought the URL forwarding would work. Seem like I have to use the DNS Panel to set a Address and MX record to point to my host's static IP address.

That is correct right?

I am a bit confused here, I have a host with a static IP with an existing site there. I need to test out my two new domain names and is constructing the pages for them. So at index.php I check the referrer http and redirect to the appropriate subdomains

But how about pop3 mails? Do I set a MX record that points to my static IP and all mails can be retrieved there?

PS: I have humanclicked stargate, but my browser keep hanging
    when I click the submit button.
    Last edited by Ideasmiths; 06-23-2001 at 01:00 AM.
    Make your lives easier

* Stargate is nothing but the best !!!!

Well all i have is good experiences with stargateinc
    I have around 15 domains with them and even when i had problems with my Creditcard which had been charged 2 times for same domains i was refunded as soon as i told them. Good Customer support.
    but dont try to email their sales staff cause they never reply...
    *Hint* if you wanna contact them click on FAq's and there you will find humanclick where an support staff will answer and help you with all your queries.

Stargateinc Voted No.1 ( atleast by me)

MuStie

http://www.hostingguru.com
    *The truth is out here*

stargate

wasnt even going to bother to vote but

I wasnt even going to bother to vote but since everyones voting for stargate, i will, we have hundreds of domains with godaddy with not a single problem yet.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

* GODADDY!

Is the best ever!

I have 5 domains wth them..

Angry

24h ago I sing up with Stargate for hosting/free domain.
    So far I have no conformations #, no hosting info, and the domain that I register is still available to register. Does not look gOOd.
    I think I will stay with 000domains.com

Doesnt it say it takes 24-48 hours?

just registered 2 domains with stargate today.. they were registered instantly, and a confirmation email sent right away.. good stuffs...

but this is without registering for their hosting plans..

When you register a domain with Stargateinc.com , it processes the domain reg. right away, meaning in real time. It could be that your CC was declined or something.

I've heard good things about Godaddy too but i'll stick w/ Stargate.

Need help

Dear Stargateinc users,

I tried their human click...but no reply.

I have a static IP my host provided, so with my stargateinc registration, I need to login to my account, go to the DNS management tab and ....

enter host = www and choose A=address IP=the IP address?

How about mails, do I enter host=mail choose MX and IP=the Ip address?

Thank you
    Make your lives easier

No, you go to the Name Server panel and just put in the IP and nameserver info.
    Colin

Re: Need help

Originally posted by Ideasmiths
    Dear Stargateinc users,

I tried their human click...but no reply.

I have a static IP my host provided, so with my stargateinc registration, I need to login to my account, go to the DNS management tab and ....

enter host = www and choose A=address IP=the IP address?

How about mails, do I enter host=mail choose MX and IP=the Ip address?

Thank you
    If your host is providing the dns, all you have to do is add the nameserver entries >go to the nameserver tab and add your hosts primary and 2ndary nameserver.

If you are going to use stargates dns then you need to use their dns management to edit/add a dns record.

i have about 5 domains with stargate so far and, so far so good!

I've never used Stargateinc, but I have a few domains with GoDaddy and not one complaint.
    So I have to give the nod to GoDaddy.
    They are just so easy to work with.

Thumbs down Go home daddy

I transferred several names to Godaddy. They took forever to transfer but they did charge my card the day I applied. Two of the names failed to transfer but they will not credit my card. Support answers were rude and arrogant.

Stay away.

hmm im

Hmm im quite suprised, if you email me at charles@webworkscorp.com and tell me what domains yoru still having problems with in regards to godaddy ill see what i can do to get them taken care of for you.

I will admit their process of transferring domains needs work, they were processing domain transfers manually by faxing in requests et. now theyve automated it, but seems as if theres still some bugs, i myself tryed transferring one of my domains to them from netsol and they said they couldnt do it because the email address's didnt match, but i contacted their support and they fixed is asap
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

They may be OK to register domains, but hosting is a diffrent story.
    After about 3 days I finaly got respond to my e-mail, it goe's
    "John,
    Your domain name will be registered shortly. I takes usually takes 5 business days for our web hosting orders to be completed.

Josh
    Stargate Support Team"

After waiting for 3 days "Your domain name will be registered shortly"
    and then " takes usually takes 5 business days for our web hosting orders to be completed." wow I don't think so.