PDO extension ?!

One of my clients need some PDO extension ?!
    What is PDO extension and how can i enable on Cpanel VPS.

is it secure to enabled? Do i need to enabled for all mysql databases or can i do it for single database ?

tis is the error what my clients is receiving:

PDO extension. No Ask your web hosting provider to enable PDO extension.
    PDO extension for either MySQL or SQLite. No Ask your web hosting provider to enable PDO extension for MySQL (or at least SQLite).

I presume it's CentOS/Redhat, the PHP extension is called php-pdo, make sure you also install php-mysql

If you use cpanel; go to easyapache in WHT and recompile php with the pdo option. If your VPS has not enough memory available you might need to do it by the commandline interface of easyapache.

Yes i use Cpanel. is PSO use more memory? is it secure to enabled it ?

Quote Originally Posted by sumi View Post
    Yes i use Cpanel. is PSO use more memory? is it secure to enabled it ?
    You may find more about PDO here: http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/...mysql-pdo.html

note that the reason i mentioned memory was because easyapache recompiles apache and php and thus needs the resources available; doing this through WHM might cause you to use to much memory, you will see this warning on your screen when starting easyapache from WHT.

Obviously every module you use will use more memory, but that is not the part i warned about.

The real question would be which application your customer is going to run that uses PDO ; you might need to be more worried about that.