Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnings

Warnings

My suggestion is simple, when a moderator sends a warning they must include their WHT name.

Why? If you have an issue with a warning, you open a helpdesk ticket, not contact the mod directly. I am sure the mod that gives you the warning is recorded in the backend.
    Brad Baker
    XYZulu Hosting

Originally posted by badbaker.com
    Why? If you have an issue with a warning, you open a helpdesk ticket, not contact the mod directly. I am sure the mod that gives you the warning is recorded in the backend.
    Correct, if they have an issue with it, contact the helpdesk and admin will check it out and remove if it was unwarranted

I'd still like to know who is warning me personally. Some mods hold grudges so I'd like to see who is warning me and see if it is one person so I can point this out to someone else.

Originally posted by dk2
    I'd still like to know who is warning me personally. Some mods hold grudges so I'd like to see who is warning me and see if it is one person so I can point this out to someone else.
    ...and this is the reason why it is not done IMHO. This is not a democratic forum

Some mods hold grudges.... hope you can back that up with facts...

Mate, wear it, open a helpdesk ticket if you must, but most of all move on. Warning points will fade in time.....
    Brad Baker
    XYZulu Hosting

...and this is the reason why it is not done IMHO. This is not a democratic forum
    Honestly I hate comments like this "INET is allowed to do whatever they want". Remember this when your being warned for some reason or they ban you, just remember your words.

I will, thanks for the advice...

Isn't a warning like getting caught by the police, but rather than fining you they give you a warning. I would take the warning any day....

/out - no more replies from me.
    Brad Baker
    XYZulu Hosting

"INET is allowed to do whatever they want".
    It is their e-Property. Just like GMail and everything else, if you don't like it, don't use it.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

That dosen't make it right....where do you come up with this. It is the responsibility of any online company to listen to their consumers. If gmail crapped over its consumers there wouldn't be a gmail.

I've gotten three warnings, from three different mods, all of them were mistakes . They're pretty good about fixing mistakes when they make them, nothing to worry about.

- Matt

Follow the rules and you wont get wanred... EOF
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

Yes.... this sounds totally reasonable .. accountability!

Mods are recorded on the backend. If someone is holding a grudge, SWR will lay thw smackdown with his old wrinkled hand.
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever

I doubt that, he doesn't seem to be activate at all.

Originally posted by nonamedesert
    I doubt that, he doesn't seem to be activate at all.
    Oh he will be.... He will be....
    Brad Baker
    XYZulu Hosting

Originally posted by Sheps
    Mods are recorded on the backend. If someone is holding a grudge, SWR will lay thw smackdown with his old wrinkled hand.
    Who watches the watcher? Who oversees the overseer? No, it being recorded on the backend isn't good enough. Public accountability is necessary to ensure fair and equal treatment.

It's interesting to note that most people who want this 'accountability' is someone who is/has been banned/warned. Bitter much?

Originally posted by westcan
    It's interesting to note that most people who wants this 'accountability' is someone who is/has been banned/warned. Bitter much?
    Agenda, agenda, agenda...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by LP-Trel
    Who watches the watcher? Who oversees the overseer? No, it being recorded on the backend isn't good enough. Public accountability is necessary to ensure fair and equal treatment.
    Not to be rude here, but I'm not sure how it is your business how the backend of WHT is run. No one is locking you into visiting a forum where you are uncomfortable or think there's some conspiracy going on to ensure certain members are mistreated.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

Originally posted by LP-Trel
    This may be true in a community owned and operated forum. But WHT is owned by iNET! This means they can do what they want to do - if they wanted to !

Life isn't fair or equal, so lets not waste time quibbling over unimportant matters...

BTW Good job iNET for this great WHT medium, and thanks to the mods that offer their time for free to moderate this board. Without them (iNET and mods) WHT as we know it would be completely different.
    Brad Baker
    XYZulu Hosting

If you really think something is being done unfair, contact a Liason, Guide, etc.

If their appears to be an issue, we'll let iNet know.

I will, thanks for the advice...

Isn't a warning like getting caught by the police, but rather than fining you they give you a warning. I would take the warning any day....

/out - no more replies from me.
    Well actually NO it isn't like getting a warning from Police. If you get a warning from police you DON"T loose points. If you are fined by the police then you loose points, once you loose enough points you loose your licence. With WHT when you get warned you loose points, loose enough points and you get banned.

Getting warned by WHT is equivelent to being fined by the police.
    I do hope I explained that so everybody can grasp the difference.

Yes I too would take the warning any day however it basically isn't a warning it is a fine with penalties inposed. Why can't WHT give warning on some occasions and if the member has erred by accident why can't a simple appology be acceptable. Even with police there is occasions were warnings and appologies are acceptable unless of course you live in a dictatorship.

Doc

Doc
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 07-25-2004 at 09:20 PM.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Originally posted by TheDoctor
    Why can't WHT give warning on some occasions and if the member has erred by accident why can't a simple appology be acceptable. Even with police there is occasions were warnings and appologies are acceptable unless of course you live in a dictatorship.
    It happens. The way the warning system is set up here you have to give at least one point for at least one day (you can't send a warning that gives zero points), but some of us do use that as a "gentle warning" where we think it's appropriate. It has the same effect as no points at all, since it only lasts a day anyway.

There's also the possibility of using email or PM, but the advantage of using the warning system to do it is that it creates a record that the user was warned for that issue, in case it comes up again.

By the way, even in a dictatorship the police can let you off with just a warning... but I suppose that comment was just a way to add a little drama.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Originally posted by JayC
    By the way, even in a dictatorship the police can let you off with just a warning... but I suppose that comment was just a way to add a little drama.
    I just can't help myself, it is part of my sales training, Dale Carnegie .... Sell the sizzle Not the Steak. .. yes I am aware that it wasn't Carnegie that wrote that line but you get my drift and of course my Paranoia ... To Go unnoticed .. Oh The Shame.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

It's interesting to note that most people who wants this 'accountability' is someone who is/has been banned/warned. Bitter much?
    Not really, I think this would be a good idea - however I've never been banned, nor received a warning or anything like that. Kinda put out your fire haven't I?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast