Small flash work needed

My site: http://www.globaluprise.com has really annoying music on it. If I had flash I could just take the music off. I have the .fla files and everything for it, but I don't have flash. Could anyone help me out and get rid of that music.

Assuming this is a template (it just screams "I am a template"), won't the template company do it for you? You paid them, they ought to be able to do it. If you paid very little for a non-unique template, they'll probably charge you to do it. But if they won't you might want to try posting in employment offers and requests, unless you're looking for WHT to be the free product support desk for your template company of choice, in which case sorry, but I'm out. I'll do free work on my own (I do a lot of it for people on this board), but I won't be an unpaid employee for a template company.

Nothing personal, man. It's just that this is the Web development equivalent of being a 2 beer bar whore. I'm serious though, see if the originator will do it for you. You did pay them - and if it wasn't a lot, well, it's not your fault they set their prices low.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

looks like a TM template to me, and now they wont do it. (I think)
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

I was planning to pay someone to take that off. I did purchase this template from a company with horrible support. They never answer any thing I send to them. The reason I posted it here is because this was a forum for web design stuff and I see people sell templates here so I figured it would be appropriate. If I had the knowledge to design sites, I would design it. But unfortunatially I am not that talented. If you don't want to get paid to take off the sound please don't critisize my template.

I was planning to pay someone to take that off.
    Ok, I was hoping as much. In that case, this is probably the most suitable forum for this question. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...php?forumid=56

I did purchase this template from a company with horrible support. They never answer any thing I send to them.
    I'm very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, this is not necessarily an uncommon problem, but some companies are better or worse than others in this regard. Who gave you such poor support, if you don't mind me asking? This might be good information for someone in the future.

If you don't want to get paid to take off the sound please don't critisize my template.
    I don't recall anyone passing judgment on the quality of the template. I simply recall saying I refused to be exploited in the name of template companies who offer poor support (and I'd recommend others to do the same). But I offer no critique of the template whatsoever. In fact, I believe you were the one to critique it ("...has really annoying music on it")

Template companies are interesting indeed. It may pay off in the future to consider looking here for people who create templates. You might get better support and still keep your costs down! The same forum I posted above should contain these requests as well.

Good luck!

Paul H
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Send the file to me, I'll take the annoying music off for you? lol *techno sounds are really old and annoying*

Originally posted by the_pm
    It's just that this is the Web development equivalent of being a 2 beer bar whore.
    Thanks man this is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

It's just that this is the Web development equivalent of being a 2 beer bar whore.
    Thanks man this is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!
    He he. The funny part is that Azn_chic offered to do it!

C'mon now, C - I thought you were one of those clean, wholesome girls!

j/k

I have morals? I have values? But if something like that is lurking on the net I'd rather help clean up the annoying sound files

You know your comment was very funny, but the sad thing is...People buy these templates and do not get an service in return. I checked one time into TM's template customization service. WHAT A JOKE! They want an arm and a leg to customize their $50 template. If you ever want a good laugh check out http://www.templatetuning.com/prices.php

*sigh* Indeed, you must weigh out the evils and decide upon the lesser of them. Well, I suppose it would be monumentally unfair to hold this ever-so-slight transgression against you. I know in your heart your loyalties are with the designers, not the site-canners. And besides, you're still way cool

I have my own method for getting rid of annoying sound files. I use the "back" button. It's rather self-serving, but it sure is effective!

I have my own method for getting rid of annoying sound files. I use the "back" button. It's rather self-serving, but it sure is effective!
    yeah, but that defeats the purpose of the site.

yeah, but that defeats the purpose of the site.
    Exactly! And unless you have information, products or services unique to the entire World Wide Web, people can simply go elsewhere, defeating the purpose of having the site

But you knew that, which is why you were asking for that music to be removed in the first place. See, in many ways, we are thinking alike! And getting templates with crap like that in it is a good lesson about buying templates. Luckily, Azn_chic is gonna bail you out of this one. You got yerself a get-out-of-jail-free card. I'd definitely send her a Christmas card this year (or a belated birthday card - it wasn't too long ago...).

P.S. Not to harp on the matter, but out of curiousity, who is the template company in question here? Is this Template Monster, or a different template site?

who needs a back button? *turn sound off*

who needs a back button? *turn sound off*
    Works great, if you normally surf in silence. This week, I'm on a System of a Down kick. Last week, it was Chopin. The week before that, Buena Vista Social Club. Can't work w/o the tunes!

That's why I have my trusty Sony MDR Headphones and a CD player

some software exist to edit a swf file