Transferring from cPanel to Plesk

Hello. I work for a small ISP. We have a few domains with a couple hundred email addresses on them. Currently we are moving away from our current server (which uses plesk), to a new one (uses cPanel). We are doing this so that we have more control, better support, and better prices. The problem we have, is when it comes to transferring the accounts, specifically the email accounts. Since we have a couple hundred, doing this by hand is not going to work. I know that in dedicated servers running cPanel, there is an option to transfer from plesk, but only if you have root access. We do not have root access at our old server

Is there any way we can transfer these email addresses? The files and databases I can transfer manually, I just need to get these emails over.

Also, does anybody happen to know what format plesk backups are in? What can I open them with the sift through the files..?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

edit: We are running plesk 7.5.4 and WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-R113
    RedHat Enterprise 4 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0
    Last edited by dew; 03-18-2006 at 01:39 PM.

Does anybody have any ideas on this? It is really important we get this running.. I have been searching for the past 3 days and have not found anything.. Is there even a way to do it?

Well you can try the account copy from within WHM, not sure if it works on plesk 7.5

And not you can just open up PSA backups that i've ever found to sift through the files unfortnately.

You can try searching in the SWSoft forums, for sure somebody else has used cPanel and needed the same. You will probably find some scripts. The times I've had to do this, I've preferred to do it manually to avoid any kind of conflict.

You can use Migration Manager built in Plesk. Just make sure it's installed first. Go to Update and check the box. When done, go to the Migration Manager, and follow instructions. It is really slow and you need to be very patient.

From what I am reading about that tool, it is only for transferring to a plesk server, from something else (such as cPanel). I need to go from plesk to cPanel. Does this tool have that ability?

Quote Originally Posted by DewKnight
    From what I am reading about that tool, it is only for transferring to a plesk server, from something else (such as cPanel). I need to go from plesk to cPanel. Does this tool have that ability?
    Login to WHM >> Transfers >> Copy an account from another server
    You'll see a number of control panels/servers where you can copy/transfer accounts from. One of these servers/control panels is: (Pl*sk) 1.x, 2.x, 5.x, 6.x So, you shouldn't have a problem migrating from Plesk to the cPanel. Hope this helps!

I've used WHM's Copy an account from another server feature to copy email accounts and files from Plesk to cPanel without any trouble. Hope it works for you!
    Zachary Beach
    Project Manager

The problem with that tool, is it says it requires the root password for the server you are copying from... We do not have access to that password, as it is a shared server.

I also just noticed the title is wrong for my thread, should be plesk to cPanel.