bobbydigital Guest

I heard http://www.canaca.com is really good but i am not sure.

Hello Bobbydigital,
    www.canaca.com is reselling for CommuniTech.net. But its ok. Lots of people are reselling as well...

Sometimes reseller are better than hosting companies because they can show more attention towards their clients (small amount) than the hosting companies.

You can try to email them and ask them a few questions and see how long does it take for them to respond.

Gordon.

[This message has been edited by Gordon (edited 04-01-2000).]

Guest Guest

Thumbs up

Try Virtual Cities. They are a reseller of Communitech.com but a lower price US$15 a month for 350MB. Soon they are going to increase the price to $22, so take advantage of it now.

bobbydigital Guest

Cool

I am satisfied. Canaca-Com Inc. Sells it even cheaper then any other hosting company for what they offer. Their technical support answered my questions within 3 hours. I send in two requests and they were still 3 hours appart. I like that. Well i have decided to host my site at http://www.canaca.com .. thank you all for your help.

bobby digital

Guest Guest

Careful of canaca.com for a couple of reasons:
    They are resellers for communitech.net (check their IP address--it's owned by communitech.net). They also offer plans that are identical to the communitech.net reseller plans. This could be a major problem because if you buy from them and then they allow you to resell under their resellers agreement, and then they either leave communitech.net or do something that gets them kicked off, you lose not only your account but all accounts you have resold (because canaca had resold them to you and they have to keep their account open in order for your account to remain open). They also post numerous questions in communitech's support forums (including one complaining about communitech's name being in the header of an email that went to their clients):
    QUOTE:
    Any E-mail that was sent to me at canaca.com came with this information with it, at the end of the page.
    From sandrolina@sympatico.ca Mon May 31 01:22:10 1999
    Return-Path: <sandrolina@sympatico.ca>
    Received: from smtp11.bellglobal.com ([204.101.251.53]) by mars.communitech.net ; Mon, 31 May 1999 01:22:10 -600
    Received: from sandro.bellglobal.com (HSE-TOR-ppp35061.sympatico.ca [209.226.131.160])
    by smtp11.bellglobal.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA13945
    for <canaca@canaca.com>; Mon, 31 May 1999 02:24:51 -0400 (EDT)
    Message-Id: <4.1.19990531022337.0093a1e0>
    X-Sender: b1pjfo06@pop1.sympatico.ca
    X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.1
    Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 02:23:49 -0700
    To: canaca@canaca.com
    Mime-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

I also would think that our clients got the same thing.

[This message has been edited by canaca (edited May 31, 1999).]
    END QUOTE

What troubles me most about canaca.com is that they also operate under the domain name nortel.to. Nortel is a large communications corporation that will probably not take kindly to some reseller of web hosting using their good name and reputation to resell hosting while pretending that they are the actual owners of the servers. When the real Nortel come down on canaca.com's nortel.to shell, well...I'd hate to be depending on them to be reselling services to me so that I kind resell them to some poor slob who doesn't know enough to thoroughly check out their host...
    Just my 2 cents.

Guest Guest

Unhappy

bobbydigital--
    I just noticed that you have an isp ip address identical to "canaca" who posted an ad for canaca.com on the resellers section.
    Hmmm--I bet you decided to go with canaca for hosting...since you are canaca

Wink

awwww Guest would a hosting company do that?... laughs softly...I bet it was a tough decision for them really... I mean host with themselves and risk having no one else to blame or host with themselves and ummm risk having no one else to blame.
    Bobby/canaca self promotion is fine and many companies do it here but keep it within the spirit of the forum, blatant spamming is likely to ruin your reputation as well as give us a laugh.

bobbydigital Guest

actually you guys are right.... We had checked our stats and found that we had links comming from here. We or ( I ) wanted to know what people are saying about canaca. I work for canaca and dont own it. They do not know that i have posted this but.. i am sure they wouldn't say anything ( I think !)

anyhow guys sorry for the confusion. It was a test and nothing more. Just wanted to know who and what people have heard of it.

Bobby
    canaca

to canaca Guest

Red face

hmmmmm.....trying to get out of a slippery situation?

. ..rain.. . Guest

Thumbs down

Well, if you just wanted to hear what ppl have to say about your company, then why don't you just ask? People here are honest enough to say what they think about you even if you tell them who you really are. This little "research" of yours probably caused more harm than good.

Maybe the answer to why and how this was done lies in the post 15 minutes after bobby's admission in the resellers thread. (now closed by the way)

Thumbs down

Hey, bobbydigital/canaca,

It wasn't a test. It was a sleazy way to promote the company you claim to work for. Your "support" in the fourth post in this line proves it.

An honest, direct way of getting the answers you claim to seek would be to post something like "I work for canaca.com We would like to know the general impression of our service and any area we might need to improve. Your feedback would be appreciated."

That way, you get the answers and you don't treat us like idiots that won't see through your farce (which means you have no respect for us). I know many people wouldn't deal with any company that uses such underhanded tactics. Your "test" revealed much about your company, including some things that you weren't even aware were on it. The end result is that you failed your own test.

Thanks for conducting it, though. You've done some people a favor.

[This message has been edited by Duster (edited 04-04-2000).]

bobbydigital Guest

Lightbulb

well as i said before i do work for them and it was all me that did it nobody else. You guys believe that you want. I am one of the technical support staff that works from home. They have alot of people not sure how many though. I think about 11 or 12 employees around the world working on technical support all the time. Canaca.com may be resellers but let me tell you, from experience dealing with 3 other companies i worked for, they do a good job. Defenetly worth the money.

Well have a good evening everyone...

PS> Why would someone pull up something i wrote 1 year ago when i started ? Lame asses.. Hard to find anything concise now that they have grown to one of the biggest communitech resellers.

Again sorry for all the trouble but if there is someone to blame its me... ( I learned not to do that again )

snoodes Guest

If they have 11 to 12 employees why dont they just get their own servers. They would make more money and they could do what they want with the servers.

Canaca sounds like a lying kid to me.

Klaus Guest

Talking

Hmmmm - could be, could be.... plenty otf them around. In the UK, we have just had a major host/isp 'vanish' without a trace. It was run by a 16 year old.Cant believe it got so much business.

Hey Klaus which uk isp was it that vanished without trace ?

bobby digital,

You show no remorse. What you overlook is that once you lie, as you have done, everything else you say is suspect. We have only your word that you are one of the support people and not a company official (though you could be both), and your word means nothing. You lied and proved that to us by our actions.

What's more, now you're calling the people who referred to earlier posting of yours as lame *******. At the same time, you're still promoting canaca. You haven't learned anything, and are just trying to back out since you got caught at your lies, while still plugging your company.

I don't know what judgment others might make, but I don't think your company is worth considering at ANY price. I don't trust liars and anyone who uses deceptive practices. There are honest and decent companies out there, even if they are a bit difficult to find since we have to sort through all the companies like yours and others. You've shown that any of your customers have a chance to talk to someone in support that treats people like idiots and lies to them. That wouldn't leave me with a comfortable feeling.

To Klaus, it's easy to imagine a 16 year old or anyone else getting a lot of business. How do we know these things initially? We tend to judge "companies" by their web sites. I wouldn't even matter much if the service and dependabilty were good. The fact is that many of us end up with lousy companies, regardless of their size, until we get abused and may discover sites like this one that truly help us find a decent host.

Those that find a good host the first time, or sites like this to help them find a good one, are lucky. At least my bad experiences have taught me a lot about customer disservice, server mismanagement and what not to do.

[This message has been edited by Duster (edited 04-06-2000).]

Angry

Bobbydigital,

I can't believe it that you can still tell lies in this forum even people found out that you are LYING. Come on kid, wake up! No one in this forum will trust you ANYMORE. Look at your post:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,Verdana ">quote:</font><HR>I am satisfied. Canaca-Com Inc. Sells it even cheaper then any other hosting company for what they offer. Their technical support answered my questions within 3 hours. I send in two requests and they were still 3 hours appart. I like that. Well i have decided to host my site at http://www.canaca.com .. thank you all for your help.[/quote]

Look at the QUOTE which i pasted there. 1 Min, you said that you are a CLIENT. Another min, you said that you are a staff AND another min, you said that you are trying to test and get comments about this company.

Enough of your childish acts and wake up!