Website hit with tejary.net virus

Hello All,

I've been trying to scour the internet trying to find out more information about this worm, but all I find are millions of sites that are infected with it.

If anyone has any information on this virus h**p://tejary.net/h.js

it looks like it has overwrited everything in the database - ..most of everything - seems like a type of sql injection script

please advise, we have just been infected overnight .
    “Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.” - Bertolt Brecht

Nevermind, disregard above message.
    “Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.” - Bertolt Brecht

I am facing the same problem. Did you get a solution for this?
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

It's a SQL injection. A Google search shows over 45,000 entries so it is a mass attack.

It's currently hitting Cold Fusion and ASP based sites mostly. Restore database from known good point and filter all data input.

Recently a few of my customer websites have been infected with the same. Is there a way to prevent it?
    Prashant T.

Yes. But upon further detailed analysis, we believe it's a SQL injection. We've reviewed a number of the sites and have found the script is placed in too many seemingly random spots in the HTML to be a SQL injection attack.

It does occur most frequently in .asp, .aspx and .cfm sites.

Would you care to provide one of the websites so we can perform a vulnerability scan?

Many of the sites that show up in Google when searching for tejary.net/h.js have their "This site may harm your computer" label so I would think people would want to get their sites secure fairly quick.

Let me know or PM me.

Thank you.

I have seen a few websites designed in pure html being injected with this virus.
    Prashant T.

We fought this on a CF server for a long time. In our case, they were coming in on a cold fusion based forum system. We firewalled the IPs the attack was coming from and disabled the forum. It took us five days to track all this down.

Since disabling the forum and firewalling, they have not gotten back in.
    ---
    Jon Berry
    Proactive Server Management
    http://www.got-management.com

We have seen this recently as well. In our case, the person who set up the server didn't know what they were doing.

They attack came from the following IP address:

If it's the same in your case, you can search your weblogs on that IP and you may be able to see what they are up to.

The attacker was able to upload a file to the web server through a compromised FTP account or possibly through a poorly coded file upload feature. The file was named tuckt.cfm.

They were able to run the file through a web browser using the cfexecute tag to open a command prompt into the server. So, if you are on a CF oriented server, make sure to disable cfexecute. You may want to also change all your FTP passwords and use a FTP server like filezilla where you can ban IPs that fail too many login attempts. You may also need to make sure that certain file types can't be uploaded from a web site (as through an image upload feature).

While you are locating the hole another thing that you can do to contain this is use software like Fusion Reactor to set up content filters that will remove the harmful URLs before they get to the browser.

This is happening on ASP and PHP sites as well, but I can't give you as much info about those scenarios.

In my case, it was on html websites as well as asp and asp.net websites which were infected. From my findings, it seems to be done through Mpack. But I am not able to trace the origin of the attack from any log. I also have scanned the server with Nod32 antivirus, but it could not find any virus/trojan on the server.
    Prashant T.

Rarely will you find a virus or trojan on the webserver. They don't want you to know how they got in.

The infectious file will reside on their server. All you'll find on your server is the modified html/cfm/asp/php code which pulls the infectious file down from their server onto the PC of a visitor to your site.

Our only way of resolving this issue was using cfparam's instead of the old cfqueries. We haven't seen any attack since. Has anyone else been able to find any other fixes for this?

What are cfparams and cfqueries? Are they related to Coldfusion?
    Prashant T.

Yes they are related to coldfusion mssql database queries. Basically limits anything suspicious from passing into any forms on our site.