hard (1) : 100 GB
    hard (2) : 0 GB
    Bandwidth: 1TB is just enough
    IP : minimum (4)
    port : 100 Mbps
    Operating Systems : Cent OS 5.4
    Control Panel : cPanel(idk if I'll need it since im only hosting games)/WHM
    Data Center : Anyone (Reliable)

I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with game hosting but I basically need just enough to host 8-10 servers

I just really want to find the cheapest but I understand if it comes up a little pricey

Thanks in advance, kind've urgent. (Only asking this cause I know sometimes, people know what google doesn't)

For Europe, I can only think of i3d.net right now:

http://i3d.net/dedicated-servers-root-servers.php

Since the server is going to be used for gaming do you have any preference in location? Ping might be crucial for your particular game type. You should be able to find good deals for this basic setup through the offers forum. Some providers have expedited setup if you need urgent provisioning.
    -M

AFAIK gaming customers very very demanding in terms of latency and speed. Where do u expect most of ur customers to come from.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

8-10 servers of which game, how many slots?

The processing + memory requirements vary alot between different games.

I feel retarded in not saying where and how many slots

It'll be central (Texas) and most likely either 11 slots or 32 slots so I have no idea

And it'll be a vast variety of games, mostly cs 1.6

Cool tips and tricks

Quote Originally Posted by sungersoo View Post
    I feel retarded in not saying where and how many slots

It'll be central (Texas) and most likely either 11 slots or 32 slots so I have no idea

And it'll be a vast variety of games, mostly cs 1.6
    You might want a bit more RAM and faster hard drives to be able to pull it off right.

If you have some budget to invest look for SSD / SAS hard drives instead of SATA for better performance (when the server loads a new map this speeds things up! ).

you do not need cPanel at all it will only slow down your server , you need a simple root account and to be able to add new users, you might want to go with "webmin" which is Free and does the job with a nice web interface.
    here is a pic of webmin create user interface : http://www.webmin.com/screenshots/chapter4/figure4.png
    that will do the job for you i am sure.

the more ram you have , the more servers/slots you can have, 2gb wont be good, at least 4GB-6GB and a 64bit OS is preferred so you can add more slots.

as for texas , you got a lot of options most major data-centers roll from texas.

before you buy, ask for an IP address so you can ping and see the latency for you.

anything from 10ms to 60ms is considered perfect for cs , 80ms-90ms is the top hard limit, more then that - you will LAG.

Hope i helped you a bit , I used to run these myself just keep in mind - any mod you might want to install on a gameserver will take more ram
    mods like chicken mod superhearo mod amxx mod eat ram&cpu , so don't give those out by default unless you are paid extra for them.

I wish you good luck and happy gaming :-)

Wow, you saved me googling for about half of what I needed to know... is WHMCS avail for linux? I heard its best for billing and swift panel is best for game panel

Wow, you saved me googling for about half of what I needed to know... is WHMCS avail for linux? I heard its best for billing and swift panel is best for game panel
    I recommend you don't host whmcs on the same server where you run the games.
    for whmcs, you better off hosting it on small hosting account on a good host, it requires apache + mysql + php + modules for php , and it would be best to put it on a proper webhost instead of mixing all these applications on your game server machine.

any small simple hosting account will be great for this goal.
    in that way , say the game server crashes, your support ticket interface will still be up and you will be able to communicate with your clients no matter what the case might be.

i never used swift panel ,i guess i need to google about it :-)

Moved > Game Servers .

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

What is minimum specs for vps so I can run the WHMCS, webhost apache etc... I have to google all of this for linux cause I have no idea on how to install on linux.

What is minimum specs for vps so I can run the WHMCS, webhost apache etc... I have to google all of this for linux cause I have no idea on how to install on linux.
    I was not talking about a VPS , i was talking about a shared hosting account which will suit your needs perfectly.

if you are looking for a VPS any 256MB to 512MB with a decent control panel (directadmin/cpanel) would do the job for you.

the goal is to separate your billing system away from the gamers server.