Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

server.lu , root.lu , vserver.lu , or root eSolutions - anyone have info/reviews ?

I just saw a Google ad for this company.

www.server.lu

They seem to have good prices (suspiciously good - VPS with 2Gb RAM for 15Euros!?), but I can't find a single review, mainly because their name is hard to google/search for.

Anyone have any info on them?

Thanks,

JL

I would say they are rather new, or haven't done serious marketing yet.

Yeah, their support page is blank too - not a good sign.

I've seen their page long ago, so I don't think they're really new. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2GB RAM is just the burstable amount.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

I just rented a dedicated server from them. I still don't know what to say about it . Still doing tests. However i had some problems with the bandwidth. I would appreciate if someone else can confirm the bandwidth problems with the dedicated servers from server.lu/root.lu.

What kind of issue with the BW?

First i will tell the server details. Maybe it matters.
    CPU: Phenom 9550
    Motherboard: M3A78-EMH
    RAM: 4 x 2GB
    NIC: RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 02)
    (using driver downloaded from realtek and compiled locally) . I heard thet centos5.2 doesn't have support for rev02 of this NIC.

BW problem is as following . I have nothing but apache running, and i try to retrieve an 100Mbyte file called "100MB" . I start to download it from a remote location and the speed is not stable at all. it varies from 40 Kbyte/s to 3 Mbyte/s. But most of the time it stays between 500 and 900 Kbyte/s.

Probably because it is heavily overshared with other users on the network. Still, you should report this issue to their tech dept. to see if there is another problem causing this.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by electronbeastie View Post
    BW problem is as following . I have nothing but apache running, and i try to retrieve an 100Mbyte file called "100MB" . I start to download it from a remote location and the speed is not stable at all. it varies from 40 Kbyte/s to 3 Mbyte/s. But most of the time it stays between 500 and 900 Kbyte/s.
    What do the company say about this? How have you found their support?

Well, they have good support I must say. They even replied to my emails on sundays or at late hours (1 am) . But still they didn't manage to find a solution to my problem. I, together with their tech, did sever tests for a few days. And nothing.

Can you show us your mrtg graph?

I haven't generated any graphs. I can give you a test link if you want. However this BW problem only occurs at some moments of the day. Can't say for sure when.

If any of you are interested in doing tests, let me know.

Thanks.

I guess the test is not needed anymore. It turned out that some bgp session was not ok. Now everything seems ok. So, to draw a conclusion, very good support. and technical department didn't give up until they solved my issue.

hi
    any news reviews?
    @electronbeastie:
    are there some news problems?
    I'll get the http://server.lu/dedicated-ds10000 - is there any problem with the intl. routing to germany? are 2TB traffic / month a problem (just normal http traffic - no filehoster)

They well known in Italy. it is not monster DC like a Leaseweb so they don't need great worldwide advertising.
    Regards quality and reliability - it's all good enough.
    TK Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR

I don't know of any news, since i don't have a server at server.lu or root.lu.
    There were severe problems with Luxembourg - Romania path.

Luxembourg - Germany was ok most of the time, but not always.

Maybe things are better now, i don't know. You won't find out until you try.

About the 2 TB traffic, when i asked, they told me it was ok.

Hi,

I'm one of the server.lu guys.
    A few weeks ago new backbone upgrades have been made with direct peerings at DE-CIX in Frankfurt. This can be verified directly at the decix.de website in the customers section. The same will happen with linx.net in a few weeks time.

Although I am not here to promote server.lu services, I can only advise you to try them and see for yourself. No 12 months contracts needed and no bandwidth restrictions whatsoever. We are not overbooked, as a matter of fact, right now peaks are at 40-45% of the entire backbone capacity.

from what we know from one of our customer , they are hetzner.de reseller , so i belive you know them better now.
    TouchVPS Support Managed Support for Unmanaged VPS/Servers
    Email: sales@touchvps.eu

If we were reseller from hetzner, then our servers would surely not be located in Luxembourg but in Nuernberg and on top of that we would not be DE-CIX / LIX member and not operate our own AS Number with a backbone on its own.

Some traceroutes will show that we have just one thing with hetzner: public peering via DE-CIX, but this counts also for 1&1, strato, etc...

actually globichen is right.

server.lu/root.lu has evolved greatly in the past month, a lot of bandwidth, stable network & power supply. Also they got quality support and quality equipment, and what's best, they are very flexible in server configurations. I recommend server.lu to anyone who wishes extreme stable network and services. good job guys!

I have heard great things about them. Only one minor problem i know of which is that their support can't keep up with all the orders (are days behind). That just means they are doing something right.

Any new reviews? (really strange that there are not many reviews here)

More of the same: they are pretty good! The only bad thing: a bit slow on orders. Support is fine (questions really related to the servers/networks are fastly answered).

There was a large thread with lots of reviews about them but apparently it got deleted.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast