Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need Cheap but Quality 1 Dollar Hosting

Hi guys,

I know that it's been said that cheap hosts suck, but that's what I can afford at this time. $1/month hosting. I'm also planning to buy a domain from myvaluehost.com for $4 a year (that's cheapest I've found).

I'm starting out in online business and can't afford much money to spend, but I also need quality for that very low price. So I'm asking for Your help.

I've gathered few attractive hosts and need Your feedback on them.

1. qualityhostonline.com (have good reviews at: findmyhosting.com)
    2. 1dollar-hosting.com
    3. zowow.com (offers 100% uptime - don't know if it's possible)
    4. 3ix.org (don't know their uptime)

So here they are... One of the most attractive for $1/mo. Could you please tell me if ou had any experience with them, which one I should go for? Or if You know other good ones, also post them here.

My main needs (in priority) are:

1. uptime - 99% or more
    2. At least 1 ad-on (planning to host several domains/sites on one account)
    3. domain trasfer (planing to trasfer my old domain)
    4. data transfer - 2Gb/mo or more
    5. Space - 50Mb or more

If you've hosted your sites with any of them or know their uptimes, reputation, please tell me. I don't really care about support, cause I'm not planning to add some scripts, and I think I can handle basic problems myself. Just so the uptime would be really good and other details mentioned above.

Thank you for help.
      0 Not allowed!

If you want to spend that much and want quality, then you may not find what you're looking for. You need to spend a bit more than that to get quality.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Need Cheap but Quality 1 Dollar Hosting

Originally posted by Drev
    I'm starting out in online business and can't afford much money to spend, but I also need quality for that very low price. So I'm asking for Your help.
    You can only afford 25 cents per week? you think quality can come from $1. After transaction costs the host only makes 60 cents. After costs the host profits $0.

You think quality comes from $0 profits?

Not sure why you can't afford $1 per month. I would try $10 or more. That way you don't get as much downtime and there is support to assist when you have problems.

The last thing you want is problems and then you lose all your data, your host disappears and you get emails returned from them every 4-5 days.
      0 Not allowed!

You are starting a "business" but you can't find $5.00 or $7.00 a month for hosting?

I don't think you are ready to be in business. Perhaps you should wait until you are financially able to do it right.

Think about it. If you can't afford the price of a Happy Meal each month for a business expense how are you going to deal with other expenses?
      0 Not allowed!

thanx for your opinions. I knew You'll say that...
    But f.e. zowow.com offers 100% uptime, others are monitored and offer 99.6+ uptime... qualityhostonline has lots of good reviews... and that's for $1 a month. I had a host earlier. I paid for it $7 a month and my site was many times down. Really not 99.9% as they claimed. And it was reputable and good host as people said.

It's not that I'm cheap, I just can't afford to pay $70 a year. For a start I want some really cheap. And these plans seem to be good... They have more powerful and expensive plans, so I think they make money from those. Some of these companies are operating since 1996 or 1998, I don't think they would bankrupt tomorrow. Maybe they offer those $1 plans for a try-out. If customers are confident with the host, they might choose better plans later or ... Ahh, I don't know...

Maybe someone has had experience with any of these.
      0 Not allowed!

check out freewht.com. folks there give away hosting, so they might be willing to take $1 per month.
      0 Not allowed!

Not sure where you got the "Some of these companies are operating since 1996 or 1998", most of the above are new within the last year.
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....
      0 Not allowed!

But f.e. zowow.com offers 100% uptime, others are monitored and offer 99.6+ uptime... qualityhostonline has lots of good reviews... and that's for $1 a month. I had a host earlier. I paid for it $7 a month and my site was many times down. Really not 99.9% as they claimed. And it was reputable and good host as people said.
    Look anyone can offer 100% uptime. The question is do they deliver this uptime. When and how do they reboot their machines?

100% uptime is a scam, unlimited hosting is a scam and $1 hosting is another scam.
      0 Not allowed!

The trouble with some web host offering cheap hosting is that they need to bring in volume to cover cost.

However, setting up a web host business does not straight away guarantees success and it takes a lot of hard work and time to grow the customer based. The customers these days are spoilt for choice and tend to get very demanding asking for the world for a dime. That and the tense competition has caused new entries to compete on prices. Some goes down to extremely very low because they do not have any other competitive edge.

New hosts which are struggling may appear to provide good support and performance for low prices because there is no real number of customers to support in the first place. Once the number comes in, things would get bad.

But the real proof is really in the pudding, in the long term, they would need to come to grips with reality, ie they need to find a way to cover the cost of the server, of support to make a reasonable living to at least cover the opportunity cost and of everything else.

On the other end, because of low cost hosts, they need to pack more customers in the same machine to cover cost, not so much to maximize profits, so that is the necessity and not a luxury. As such, more customers on the same machine would mean a smaller slice of the server for each customer and more customers to support. So that can really be scary.

In the long term, these companies need to probably increase prices to survive or to close. Most take the second option.

The sad thing is that low cost host would mean that a lot niceties are not there or kept to the minimum. So you are just getting something raw.

Go for someone who is established, read the reviews here and be willing to pay something for value.
      0 Not allowed!

You're right CactusCounty, I got the wrong numbers.

Ok, so I understand your opinion about these hosts. Guess, I do't have any more arguments...

Probaly gonna save some money and buy little more expensive one. So what do you think about lypha.com or 60host.com ?
      0 Not allowed!

If you plan on setting up a new business but count with so little income in the first year that $16 is the max you can invest into this year, you might be better off scrapping your business idea and go wash cars for half a day and make more profit than your business would in a year.
      0 Not allowed!

There are many reviews for lypha in this forum, just do a search
      0 Not allowed!

RambOrc, I'm planning to make much more, but can't imagine how much. I have some money to spend on Google Adwords and Findwhat. But I need hosting first. I haven't done PPC before, so I might get $200 of the $50 investment or get 0. that's wht I need to save money and try not to waste it.
      0 Not allowed!

Google adwords are no good to you if your site is down because you went to a bargain basement host.
      0 Not allowed!

I understand I shouldn't be saving at the expense of hosting.

Ok. thanx guys for help. good luck.
      0 Not allowed!

Drev, just to put things in perspective, you are going to be running an online business. Your first priority absolutely has to be reliable hosting.
    If you site is not consistently online you will never gather any credibility.

You are right, there are hosts out there who charge $7 or more a month who are no more reliable than a $1 a month host but that doesn't make the $1 host better.

Research is your best weapon at this stage. You may find a host in the lower price range who will prove to be reliable but make sure you do your homework.
      0 Not allowed!

RambOrc, I'm planning to make much more, but can't imagine how much. I have some money to spend on Google Adwords and Findwhat. But I need hosting first. I haven't done PPC before, so I might get $200 of the $50 investment or get 0. that's wht I need to save money and try not to waste it.
    Hi Drev,

Don't feel beat about the head and shoulders. Let me say that if you are going to do PPC advertising then you will find that paying $7.95/mo for a decent host like Site5, Lunarpages, Dreamhost, or others that have posted to help you will page in comparison to your PPC costs.

A few tips:

1. Determine your site strategy and content first.
    2. Come up with a domain name to match
    3. Determine web hosting needs based on your web site. You can spend less than $7 a month on web hosting but you sacrifice some premium uptime and speed (and btw there is no such thing as 100% uptime and I will beat up anybody who says otherwise to my face )
    4. Build a content rich site that helps the search engines find you (but don't count on becoming big in the search engines for quite some time)
    5. Make sure you know what you're doing before you jump into PPC. Make sure you measure effectiveness of your ad campaigns and don't forget about other PPC networks like 7search and Findwhat. Get good at it and build from there.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek
      0 Not allowed!

I think Cheap quality 1 dollar hosting is an oxymoron. I don't think you can really get much quality for that long. Just my opinion.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy
      0 Not allowed!

Good points... you have to think about things from a hosts' perspective: what sort of level of support do you think you will get if a host is profiting 60c from a hosting sale? Put yourself in that position, and then you can talk about 'quality'.

It's not that I'm cheap, I just can't afford to pay $70 a year.
    I guess that depends on one's definition of 'cheap'

All in all, you have to be willing to pay for quality of support - don't expect anything near the uptime and don't expect the feeling of being a valued customer if you're going to be paying $1 a month. Don't expect to be supported in under a fortnight. Don't expect anything if you're paying $1 a month, and if you actually DO get something, you can consider it a bonus
    Logan S.
    IT Support
    Hosting2NV - The Fresh Way to Look at Hosting!
    We are the search engine and GPTR hosting experts!
      0 Not allowed!

http://www.mher.org/starter.html
    it says 100mb space, 5 gb transfer for 99 cents/month
    if you signup with someone please give us a review after some time ...
    Got Fused?
      0 Not allowed!

Yet I bet he would buy a BigMac meal once per month. All of the budget accounts are done on a bulk idea which means they are typically server fillers or all on their own server. The 100% uptime on a less than $1 host seems out there unless they have a LOT of customers on that server to justify sometype of HA solution.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com
      0 Not allowed!

"I'm starting out in online business" ? $1?

Sorry, but if I wanted to shop on your website and know that you don't have SSL installed (which I could safely assume since you also want web hosting for $1), I may not want to shop there...
    TierHost
    Professional Web Hosting Services
    www.tierhost.com
      0 Not allowed!

It's not that I'm cheap, I just can't afford to pay $70 a year. For a start I want some really cheap. And these plans seem to be good... They have more powerful and expensive plans, so I think they make money from those. Some of these companies are operating since 1996 or 1998, I don't think they would bankrupt tomorrow. Maybe they offer those $1 plans for a try-out. If customers are confident with the host, they might choose better plans later or ... Ahh, I don't know...

Maybe someone has had experience with any of these.
    1000 companies will offer you exactly what your looking for. Out of them 1000 companies, 999 will dissappear over night (not usually the first night its usually down the road). The other 1 will just stop providing support.

It certainly doesn't sound like your ready to start a business if your willing to pay $1 a month for hosting. May I suggest you pay $5-$7 a month, thats one less "meal" at a fast food joint a month.
      0 Not allowed!

I believe that hosts that offer $1 dollar hosting and clients that look for $1 dollar hosting are a match made in heaven!

Have a nice marriage. Do you have a lawyer? Get a backup bride!

I do hope you'll find what you're looking for. But you'll have to do a lot of research. And you'll also have to work hard to start a business with no capital. Good Luck!
    Lookup your IP: snoopmyip.com
    Proxy Guide: proxyspot.com
      0 Not allowed!

I have an account with 1dh.us. Been there for a few months without any problems. The site has never been down and page loads are pretty quick. The tech support is pretty slow, but if you are doing a basic site, you shouldn't need to contact them at all.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast