Dedicated Server with DDos filtering?

Can anyone recommend a hosting company that offers dedicated servers with ddos filtering at a reasonable price?

IRC? non IRC?

specs on hardware?
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

What is Irc?
    Either a pentium 4 or xeon. 80+ gigabyte hardrive, 120 or so bandwidth.

what are you running that would require DOS protection?

Maybe once we know that we can all give you a better idea
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

A forum running Vbulletin 3.0. I don't own it. We've just had some ddos attacks and I am researching ways to stop it.

Hmm.

In most cases hosts just NULL the ip (make it so it doesn't route) to protect the network. If you need actaul filtering to help out, check out staminus.net . They have some of the best filtering for the price

Please be advised though, that as of right now, you won't be getting uber speeds in download/uploading. So, if you run downloads and such off it, it won't be the best. Matt's working on getting some really nice bandwidth for everyone so they can burst their pipes, but he won't be getting that for another while.

As of right now, i can do anywhere from 60 <--> 200 KB/sec off the box. Nothing uber, but nothing terrible either.

If you talk to matt, drop him my name You can get him on AIM at toro00 .

EDIT - Oh ya, they're also running a deal where all servers are 50% off

EDIT2 - Hmm, actually, contact me on aim at 'delta2073', i might be able to get you a little more of a deal

~Francisco

What is IRC?

IRC is internet Relay Chat

~Francisco

And how does that affect how a server works?

Originally posted by Moncal
    And how does that affect how a server works?
    It doesn't affects the server or network directly but it's a fact that servers that run IRC tend to be DDoSed quite frequently which usually affects not just the server being DDoSed but other servers as well.

Thus most providers either don't allow IRC hosting at all or allow it only on special (separate) network segments so their other clients won't be affected.

So a server meant for IRC is more likely to have the filtering needed to filter out a ddos attack but still leave the site useable?

Ya,

Most irc hosts will focus on irc ports, but staminus has two diff sets of ip's/routers. One is the web side, which doesn't have AS good of filtering as the irc side, but it's faster.

Now, there's nothing that stops you from running your website on a irc ip Matt charges $1 per IP to cover the cost of the filtering and such

~Francisco