* Any unlimited budget VPS in L.A?

Hi all,

I need a VPS which is unlimited and good price. Can anyone here with experience willing to help newbie?

Thanks/Alex

There is no such thing as unlimited when it comes to hosting, what spec are you actually looking for?

Sorry for confusing title, i mean unlimited bandwidth with 1GB RAM up.

Thanks

again no such thing as unlimited.

There is a "unmetered bandwidth" - but that comes with port speed caps.

Ill show you unlimited vps, when you show me unlimited money.

Quote Originally Posted by alexwbh View Post
    Sorry for confusing title, i mean unlimited bandwidth with 1GB RAM up.

Thanks
    How much bandwidth do you actually expect to use, in GB or TB?

On what virtualisation platform you need?
    Xen or OpenVZ?

There's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth. Everything has a limitation though. When you mean good price, may i know how much is your budget? Also may i know what CMS/Platform do you plan to run such as WordPress or Joomla and etc?

I want unlimited bandwidth

> I want unlimited bandwidth

There is no such thing in existence. There are always line speed caps. The most typical caps are 100 Mbps and 1 Gbps. Unmetered 1 Gbps lines are extremely costly as well (we're talking $500 - $1,000/month or more) and higher than that gets even more expensive.
    You'll have to clarify exactly what you're trying to do or narrow down how you will be using your bandwidth to get a better recommendation.

How much do you want to spend on your vps

What everybody is trying to tell you is unlimited bandwidth does not exist because in the back end you will be limited somehow ie port speed. You may find a provider that offers unlimited bandwidth but there will be limits imposed in the background somehow. And if you were to appear to be using a significant amount of bandwidth more than others than you will have problems with your services ie suspended services or upgrade requirements and such.

Unlimited in any fashion in hosting is a pure sales gimmick to entice the believers on the falsification they can use whatever they want and this is not the case in hosting. There may be unlimited on the front side but read their terms of service agreement and you will see clearly defined limitations actually limits that are less defined than if you would have purchased a plan that was clearly defined.

First of all you have to decide whether you want 1Gbps cap, 100mbps cap or 10mbps cap. I guess you will get unmetered 10 mbps cap for less than 25 USD. For dedicated 100mbps and 1Gbps you may have to spend more than 750 USD per month.

If you really want unlimited bandwidth then be prepared to pay $unlimited!

Just check VPS offers section - otherwise you will waste your time here arguing re unmetered vs. unlimited

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gippo View Post
    Just check VPS offers section - otherwise you will waste your time here arguing re unmetered vs. unlimited

Good luck!
    /sigh. No one is saying that you won't find plenty of hosts that offer "unlimited" bandwidth. Go ahead and go down that path and come back and let us know how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    /sigh. No one is saying that you won't find plenty of hosts that offer "unlimited" bandwidth. Go ahead and go down that path and come back and let us know how it went.
    I think I can predict how it would go .

- Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by ServerSean View Post
    If you really want unlimited bandwidth then be prepared to pay $unlimited!

I want the traffic needed for unlimited bandwidth

Unlimited (unmetered) bandwidth is always limited by port speed.

Imagine having access to the unlimited pool of juice, where you can drink only from small straw.

10MBPS UNMETERED servers on average can transfer between 2-3 TB per month;
    100MBPS UNMETERED servers on average can transfer between 8-10TB per month outbound and 15-20TB inbound.
    1GBPS UNMETERED servers on average can transfer between 30-40TB per month outbound and 60-80TB inbound.

When you opt for unmetered bandwidth, your bandwidth allocation is not guaranteed/dedicated, and is supplied on a "best-effort" basis---which may result in some slowdowns during peak traffic times - so do not forget about this also.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gippo View Post
    Unlimited (unmetered) bandwidth is always limited by port speed.

Imagine having access to the unlimited pool of juice, where you can drink only from small straw.

10MBPS UNMETERED servers on average can transfer between 2-3 TB per month;
    100MBPS UNMETERED servers on average can transfer between 8-10TB per month outbound and 15-20TB inbound.
    1GBPS UNMETERED servers on average can transfer between 30-40TB per month outbound and 60-80TB inbound.

When you opt for unmetered bandwidth, your bandwidth allocation is not guaranteed/dedicated, and is supplied on a "best-effort" basis---which may result in some slowdowns during peak traffic times - so do not forget about this also.

Good luck!
    Uh.. 100mbit full duplex would be 33TB in/out. 1gbps would be 330TB in/out.

Naturally in the VPS market, that speed is shared and so will come with a fair usage policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    Uh.. 100mbit full duplex would be 33TB in/out. 1gbps would be 330TB in/out.

Naturally in the VPS market, that speed is shared and so will come with a fair usage policy.
    Looks like he/she is using the BurstNET shared unmetered information?
    http://burst.net/servers-la.shtml