Thread: yrhost.com

yrhost.com

Anyone hear about this site? I need a new one now that ZoneServ is letting me go.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

They are also located in India, which could make support hard. And they require payments to be yearly.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Jargon
    They are also located in India, which could make support hard. And they require payments to be yearly.
    NEVER pay yearly at least not until you have been with a host for 6 months or longer and statisfied they are going to be around and give good service.

Yearly payments are the first sign to look for in a scam host, not saying they are scam or that all host that offer yearly payments are, but every scam host will ask for a yearly sum up front so they can get as much cash as possible before they close and run.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks. For now on, im starting with Month-to-Month sites.
      0 Not allowed!

I have had a site hosted with them. Total disaster. After their server got hacked one time, they "restored" my site. But ...oh no.... my account has 2 domain. The other one is totally GONE!!!!

And they dont even know it!

It took them about 5 days to format and restore a server (think they got it from layeredtech) Ya, but one site missing . and they got no files to restore that. I wonder what happen to daily backup

All the best!

Joshua
      0 Not allowed!

Techark is right ... never pay yearly but providing support from India is not difficult

What makes you think so ?

Even we are from India & our clients are quite Happy
      0 Not allowed!

I had it with them for 3 months, but found out they oversell, so had it refund.
      0 Not allowed!

Haven't heard of it, but they ask payments yearly which is usually not a good idea
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Tamranda_Ankit
    Techark is right ... never pay yearly but providing support from India is not difficult

What makes you think so ?

Even we are from India & our clients are quite Happy
    Well I dont care where people are from, and I have nothing against people from other countries, I'm just thinking support wise. If its 12 noon here, what time might it be there? or like 6:30 pm, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Well I dont care where people are from, and I have nothing against people from other countries, I'm just thinking support wise. If its 12 noon here, what time might it be there? or like 6:30 pm, etc.
    I do understand that .. our Time Zone is GMT -5300

If they are a good host they would Provide Real 24X7 Support so you get response regargless of time but from the above replies it seems yrhost.com is not a good Company.
      0 Not allowed!

Yah, see im +5 I believe.
      0 Not allowed!

i used them as my 1st host when i was just starting out and they didnt do dedicated servers and had no problems whatsoever with them about to back to them - they seem reliable answering all support tickets and forum questions.

never had a problem with them
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by fmfhost
    i used them as my 1st host when i was just starting out and they didnt do dedicated servers and had no problems whatsoever with them about to back to them - they seem reliable answering all support tickets and forum questions.

never had a problem with them
    Can you please tell us during what time and for how long you had your site hosted with them.

BTW: This thread is 9 months old! Am bit surprised how you bumped across this one.

Cheers!
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?
      0 Not allowed!

I've been using them for 6 months and they are my current host

I'd give them an overall rating of 8/10

the price has been good for me, but it seems I've had some downtime at the Most inconvenient times.
    they do offer decent support, most support tickets have been resolved within 30 Min's

it seems like they are a new company, at least that is the impression I've gotten with them.. I'm considering changing actually, because of the sporadic downtime..
    My clients are lenient, but any downtime is bad, and I've had a few instances in the short time I've been with them

PS.. I pay monthly and always have, at least with this company
    Are you on Twitter? @BrandonSheley Check out my IPB Forum
      0 Not allowed!

Scrathing my head!!!

Why this one year old thread is so favorite to people.

Mods: Could you please close this thread.
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?
      0 Not allowed!

why would you close it ?

I was searching for yrhost and found this thread,, and b4 that i had made a new thread asking the same thing..

so i don't think something should be closed because its a year old, there still can be useful info on old threads
    Are you on Twitter? @BrandonSheley Check out my IPB Forum
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LocoForum.com
    so i don't think something should be closed because its a year old, there still can be useful info on old threads
    And that's why we have the Search feature.

Thread closed.
      0 Not allowed!