Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Example of an unthought business.

Just found an interesting webhosting company as I was going through classifieds.
    http://www.1fasthost.com/index.cfm?f...osting.default
    They charge $99.95/mo for 2gb disk space and 50gb bandwidth .

100$ per month for those stats is extremely steep no doubt about it, but to be fair, they do include webmaster services (IE they provide more hand holding to their customers) and the package seems to cater specifically to businesses.

When you deal with businesses, you'll see that saving a few dollars per month on a hosting plan is less important than having a host "that just works"
    They also don't have time to go to reviews and will work from referrals anyways

But yes, I totally agree with you that 100$ per month is pushing it... especially with those stats

Quote Originally Posted by barry[CoffeeSprout] View Post
    100$ per month for those stats is extremely steep no doubt about it, but to be fair, they do include webmaster services (IE they provide more hand holding to their customers) and the package seems to cater specifically to businesses.

When you deal with businesses, you'll see that saving a few dollars per month on a hosting plan is less important than having a host "that just works"
    They also don't have time to go to reviews and will work from referrals anyways

But yes, I totally agree with you that 100$ per month is pushing it... especially with those stats
    I understand what you mean about customer support. RackSpace charges a lot too. But yea, $100 is still too much for that. And the reason they are advertising their 'CEOs personal number' is probably because the business is too small.

They also have a $50 setup fee, SERIOUSLY?
    http://www.1fasthost.com/index.cfm?f...ting.corporate

To be honest, they're either making a killing, or literally dying a painful death.

Nothing wrong with that pricing. Businesses that actually care about their business and aren't cheapos will easily pay more than that for their sites.

Not everyone is targeting the digitalpoint, wht, wjunction, and other similar bottom of the barrel pricing company's aimed at people too cheap to pay more than a cup of coffee worth of services

Their support and services are probably far better than what most of us can offer too. Or at least, it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    Nothing wrong with that pricing. Businesses that actually care about their business and aren't cheapos will easily pay more than that for their sites.

Not everyone is targeting the digitalpoint, wht, wjunction, and other similar bottom of the barrel pricing company's aimed at people too cheap to pay more than a cup of coffee worth of services

Their support and services are probably far better than what most of us can offer too. Or at least, it could be.
    I understand. I too am new (under deployment) and my rough pricing estimates range near $400. What I don't see about them is that basically they don't have the value to be selling at that kind of a pricing. I'd readily buy $1,500 dedi servers from RackSpace, just because of the value they have. Personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerTech2011 View Post
    I understand what you mean about customer support. RackSpace charges a lot too. But yea, $100 is still too much for that. And the reason they are advertising their 'CEOs personal number' is probably because the business is too small.
    While there are plenty of CEO's who keep in touch with customers (even the bigger businesses have pleasantly surprised me!), I'm guessing this a smaller business.
    This does not have to be a problem all, just as long as they are honest and upfront about it and deliver on their promises.

Keep in mind that the "right price" is what the customer feels the service is worth, within reason. If you can give your customers more value by saving them time and helping them run a website that brings them business they will be happy to pay a bit more.
    Last edited by barry[CoffeeSprout]; 07-19-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barry[CoffeeSprout] View Post
    While there are plenty of CEO's who keep in touch with customers (even the bigger businesses have pleasantly surprised me!), I'm guessing this a smaller business.
    This does not have to be a problem all, just as long as they are honest and upfront about it and deliver on their promises.

Keep in mind that the "right price" is what the customer feels the service is worth, within reason. If you can give your customers more value by saving them time and helping them run a website that brings them business, they will be happy to pay a bit more.
    Agreed. Value is important here.

Personally, I feel it is completely true. But the problem is, most customers won't buy that price, and if there and no customers, there is no value. If there is no value, the price is useless. If you got the cycle, you might understand my opinion. Yes, I understand that value provided might be the best, but there is no proof of that concept anywhere on the website. Just my opinion here.

Willing buyer willing seller, do not see what is wrong with their prices.

If you take a closer look, you will see that its not just web hosting they are selling. With every package they include a webmaster service (which includes updates, maintenance to your website). Not sure what is all included in that or how that works exactly, but I think the price can be somewhat justified (depending on what exactly they are doing for $99 per month).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

The site is abandoned, check the colocation prices

http://www.1fasthost.com/index.cfm?f...ing.Colocation

the plan comes with 30GB...
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Check the testimonials in header and copyright in footer then go to http://needa.com/
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post

Maybe it's hosted in a datacenter with futuristic technology that manages to compress all data coming in and out through a space portal that warps the size of... electric currents...

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post

Still not bad for a business with specific needs. Sure, probably horrible for a host such as yourself to sign up for but not something that's unusable.

I think what a lot of people are forgetting too is just because someone is offering hosting services, doesn't mean they use their website as the main means of getting customers. We don't know if they are getting hundreds of customers locally on cheaper plans or even more expensive plans. Custom catered packages are a great thing to do and if you live in an area with the demand for it, 10-20 customers with the right services can certainly pay the bills.

Sure, I do agree, however, on this days, nobody offer colocation with only 30 GB of allowance , indeed, I don't even remember when was the last time that I saw an offer like that, probably in 2002/3, based with the site design, it does match.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Seen lots of local companies offer hosting with those prices and do ok. The downside is they won't get big like HostGator / GoDaddy / etc.

Their last copyright was only 2010 though,
    They definitely abandoned?

Whether it is a reasonable price or not all depends on the service level they offer. If they offer a top quality service then it doesn't seem too bad, if they don't then it seems a little steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonchun View Post
    Maybe it's hosted in a datacenter with futuristic technology that manages to compress all data coming in and out through a space portal that warps the size of... electric currents...
    Made my night

Would be interesting!
    Gecko Network
    www.gecko-network.com :: sales@gecko-network.com :: (+1) 866 974 2809
    Web Hosting :: Virtual Servers :: Dedicated Servers :: Co-Location

Quote Originally Posted by Jonchun View Post
    Ya, I can't top that one!!!

I knew of someone who was paying about 50 or 80 a month for 500mb of space with no hand holding of any sort.

It's true that a real business will pay a good amount of money to make sure things work...but then I've seen some situations where the site that's on the server is a really small and simple html site that could run off a small usb key from a home computer, uses some type of free email service, and still paying such prices.
    ██ WPCYCLE MANAGED WORDPRESS WEB HOSTING ██
    Managed WordPress VPS & Managed WordPress Dedicated VPS Servers
    Optimized • NVMe • SSD • KVM • NGINX • WordPress Brute Force Protection • Daily Offsite Backups
    Email: sales@wpcycle.comFacebook: wpcycle • Twitter: wpcycle

Expensive things are always good stuffs, just ask Apple Inc.

They must be using some cloud technology with 1000 backup servers.

Wireless that is faster than Fibre technology's 100Gbit across Atlantic Ocean.

On a serious note, these kind of sites should be taken down before it ruins someone's life.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerTech2011 View Post
    Just found an interesting webhosting company as I was going through classifieds.
    http://www.1fasthost.com/index.cfm?f...osting.default
    They charge $99.95/mo for 2gb disk space and 50gb bandwidth .
    Maybe they are targeting local corporate customers and businesses which sees $100 as a change?

That's why we have to shift our focus on getting clients from the local businesses and not just the internet.

Let's get off our butts from sitting in front of the computer 24/7 and start doing some face to face time out there with biz owners looking to get online. Yes, you can charge by the hundreds a month and yes they will pay for it.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Some business pay this kind of price because they want to be more secured with their host. Paying more money means they are giving more money to the host to make sure they get everything covered like support , server managing etc.. When hosting cost this much it means you are def. paying for good support and great service. The disk space can be high or low but they are actually paying a lot for the quality and support they get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast