Outrageous S&H from TigerDirect

So I went to go purchase 128 Mb DDR RAM from TigerDirect while their special $15 rebate on Viking (used in Dell's) RAM was still active.. I got to the order page and then discovered it was $10.01 for S&H for ONE little stick of RAM?! TigerDirect bait and switch BS.

Did you overnight it?
    Hendrick Networks - Technical, Security and Connectivity Solutions Built on T.R.U.S.T

I bet you chose their ultra-protect package, where they put it in a 10' x 10' box and fill it with 5 pounds of bubble wrap, and 7 pounds of packaging foam and ship it to you on a donkey.
    Don't look for a way out.

I've never had a problem w/ their shipping ... you must have selected a higher cost shipping method.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

There were no options to change shipping methods avail. No I did not have it overnighted

That is strange. I've never had an issue with their shipping either. Product always arrives very quickly as well.
    Hendrick Networks - Technical, Security and Connectivity Solutions Built on T.R.U.S.T

I will never, ever again buy anything from Tiger Direct. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. They're just plain awful.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

Re: Outrageous S&H from TigerDirect

Originally posted by Vox Hosting
    TigerDirect bait and switch BS.
    It's not a bait and switch, but it is a rather high amount for S & H (which makes it unappealing to say the least). Obviously it does cost them money to pull, pack, and ship it. Maybe not quite that much, but places like BestBuy ship free, but that can't last long. I've bought a $2 item form them, and shipped free, they've got to be losing money (pack of blank CD-Rs).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Remember, it's Shiiping and handling someone has to process your order, get it, pack it, ect.

Originally posted by is0lized
    Remember, it's Shiiping and handling someone has to process your order, get it, pack it, ect.
    I'm aware of that, it doesn't cost them that much to "handle" it. I'm sure they could easily do it for $5 or $6.

Outrageous shipping charges on sale or low-priced items is nothing new in the mail order computer parts industry. It's not quite as prevalant as it used to be, but it still happens often enough that you need to watch out. Tiger Direct, IMO, are a bunch of creeps anyway. I haven't done business with them for years, and never will again.

After being around the block several times, I now deal exclusively with newegg - their pricing is consistent and their shipping rates are always very reasonable. In fact, if you shop them carefully, it's often possible to build entire systems with no shipping charges whatsoever.

-B
    iptables -I INPUT -s 64.88.128.0/19 -j DROP
    iptables -I INPUT -s 66.111.192.0/18 -j DROP
    iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Ordered quiet a few products from them, no problems yet..

Originally posted by hostpath.com
    I will never, ever again buy anything from Tiger Direct. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. They're just plain awful.
    What happend on the third time?
    ^^ IM WITH STUPID!! ^^

"The only way to overcome fear, is to challenge it head on"
    "The quickest way to get over a woman, is to get under another"

Pricing tactics like that are common. The store offers a very good deal on acutal product (to get top rankings from price comparison sites), but makes money on the S&H.

www.newegg.com

www.crucial.com <---- best ram ever

Actually, Ive got the reason for the high shipping.

Their warehouse is actually located in Naperville, Illinois. Their main office is in Miami or something, and they do no shipping. It's great for me, as regular ground is here the next day

I do have one complaint about Tiger...It's really hard to return defective material (IE Motherboard) Thats really the only drawback i've seen.
    -DPI
    Chicago's #1 Datacenter Technician

Originally posted by DPI
    I do have one complaint about Tiger...It's really hard to return defective material (IE Motherboard) Thats really the only drawback i've seen.

Are you serious? I've had to return 3 defective products from one order and I never had a single problem. I had to return a motherboard after one of the little.... um "thingies" that was supposedly soldered on there fell off. I even had to return the same model graphic's card twice and they did it without issue. The processing time on RMAs could be a little better but I was still quite impressed.

I've returned items to Tiger that local stores wouldn't of taken back (given the same scenario). Speaking of which, NEVER shop at CompUSA!

I had the same issue with the RAM. I even chose one without a rebate as I dislike rebates and the bottom level shipping was just over $10. That was for normal, enough time to travel the world twice, shipping.

I ended up saving by ordering from the manufacturer directly. Their unit price was higher but did not gouge you on the shipping which made it be under Tigers price when shipping had been added to both.

I concur with those backing Newegg. Class all the way, and no pricing games...
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I've bough enough parts from newegg to build two computers (Actually, i did buy parts from them to build two computers last January as a present to myself)