External Mail Server For Cpanel?

I was looking and i was wondering if it was possable to set up an external mail server, just as you would with their DNS system. Also, in your opinnion do you think that once a larger ammount of clientel is on the server that that would help with server load?

You'll need to figure a way how to manage email account administration on the external mail server, since that isn't supported by cPanel.

When you move mail store, mail server and mail antispam externally it helps a lot with performance/server load.

oh ok. Do you know of any way to use those on a different server since as you say it isnt supported by cpaneL?

Are you saying you'd like a secondary server for, say, backup MX? Because that can be done with DNS clustering/load balancing.

If you want to reduce the load and you have a lot of inbound email have you considered something to scan your email for spam? An external box like baracuda or spamexperts would cut out a huge part of the inbound email you receive.

There is no simple way of getting a second server and hosting email on it in a "cluster" setup with cPanel.
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service

Quote Originally Posted by eth00 View Post
    There is no simple way of getting a second server and hosting email on it in a "cluster" setup with cPanel.
    I'm really not trying to sound like an @ss- really, I'm not, but I don't seem to be having an issue. It may not be supported, but I spent enough time on it. Perhaps I'm thinking more along the line of a secondary MX rather than what the OP is trying to do and I'm just not clear on his request.

i'm really confused tbh

We are developing our own Hosting panel using cpanel api. In it we are using Cpanel for hosting and a custom developed postfix based email server on another system. We have setup it in such a way that the mail domain is not setup on cpanel server and only the hosting is done and the mail domain is setup in the mail server. So, it is very much possible if you develop your own panel using cpanel and using some logic.
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.