Final Association Meeting Info

I have finialized alot of the Pre-association meeting info and conference schedule. The following page will include the following things:

1. Break down of the meeting on Sunday, July 16.
    2. Followup Meeting Times - Locations are still TBD
    3. Ability for those that actually want to help get the association started to sit down and do a 1 on 1 meeting with me. These times are first come, first serve. And I ask that you only signup for one of these if you are willing to actually help.

http://www.ipitha.org/hostingcon.php
    Tony Holloway
    Delivering Custom Hosting Solutions Since January 2004
    madRooster.com
    Fun Name ... Serious Solutions

I attend conferences for a living, and your schedule is a little off track if you want it to be meaningful. If this is something you are seriously pursuing and have support of, feel free to send me a private message and I can do what I can to help you out.
    [B]KYLE ARNETT | New York City, N.Y.

You must remember, I am not just attending HostingCon for the association. I am also attending to benefit our business (Madrooster.com). That is what pays my bills, the association will not do that. So I must try to finally balance the two, and make it a sucessful conference for both. The problem being is I am trying to find times during the week that the most people can attend, without effecting theirs or mine ability to conduct business at the conference. I know there will not be anyone that can attend all meetings, nor do I expect that. I am just trying to provide the several times that everyone will have atleast once chance to find out how they can help or get their answers questioned....
    Tony Holloway
    madRooster.com

I was looking more at how less than an hour was alotted for discussion topics. I didn't assume anything else. I guess I'm just not too familiar with what you're doing, but hey, I'm still available to help out if you need it.
    [B]KYLE ARNETT | New York City, N.Y.

The idea is this. We are having a 2 Hour meeting on Sunday. From that meeting we are going to take the 3 hotest topics and set aside 1 for each day and spend 45 minutes on just that topic alone. This is why the topics have not been filled in yet on the site mentioned above. We have to wait til the meeting on Sunday to see what the people want to discuss further.

Please remember why Robert and Frank are helping where they can, this is being done outside of HostingCon, so we have to look at the fine balance to get things achieved, without stealing the entire show. :-)
    Tony Holloway
    madRooster.com

Are you seriously starting a association? What good is this gonna do? Kick the kiddies out of the biz or what?
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

I am very serious about this. The association has many goals, and if you would do a little reading, you will find out plenty. While I am more then happy to ask any specific questions, and I actually want to hear legitment reasons people are against the idea, I have decided to just ignore those that just want to bash the idea without giving their feedback.
    Tony Holloway
    madRooster.com

Dont forget about the meeting, starting in 10 - 15 mins
    Tony Holloway
    madRooster.com

The meeting was actually quite productive even if most of us didn't know exactly where it was.

As much as I liked telling Tony it was wishful thinking that everyone was just around the corner I hope more people do show up to the next meeting tomorrow.

The association idea is quite solid and I think with a bit of work it has a chance of improving our industry or at the very least give us more buying power.

I am very proud of the discusion that went on, even though most that signed up didnt show. This is something that will take time to grow, and we will take it as slow as we need to. :-)
    Tony Holloway
    madRooster.com

Please report back....
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Matt
    Please report back....
    WIR will be reporting on the meetings I believe.

Anyhow you should come by and join in the discussion.

There are still three more smaller meetings that are scheduled to take place before the initial discussions are complete. I'm not sure if Tony is planning on releasing the notes yet or if he wants to get through tose next three meetings, but if you don't hear back right away, I imagine this is the reason why

(and yes, if you're in Vegas, do participate!)
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Tony drive to bring this idea to life admirable. The meeting started the process rolling. Many good idea were discussed that will benefit the hosting industry. To make this happen Tony will need the help of many people. If you are here in Vegas try to attend the other small meetings. If I am ssure Tony would appreciate contact via other means.

This is an idea that has been discussed many times before. Without help and support the group will not get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by LP-Trel
    Anyhow you should come by and join in the discussion.
    I would have if I hadnt had loads of flight delays and missed connections... got in at 7pm yesturday.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

I met with Tony on Monday -- I must say that I'm impressed with the ideas that are already on the table and look forward to developing this as a group. I am excited to see a summary of the HostingCon ideas and from there, creating a well organized, concise directive of:

a) How the group will proceed
    b) What will the elements of the group be (i.e. Philanthropy, quality assurance, etc) and who will be in charge of each. \
    c) How the association will be structured (socially, legally, etc)
    OMG!! WEBHOST RESOURCES!
    Webhost Resources
    Read about your company in the news
    Web Hosting Press Releases

Sorry for the delay guys ...

1. I will be posting notes from the meetings very soon. Let me say things are very exciting.

2. We now have an offical name. International Hosting Association (IHA) - the new website ihaweb.org will be coming very soon.

I have more to come over the next few days. :-)
    Tony Holloway
    madRooster.com