Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Purchasing reliable co-location server

Does anyone recommend any reliable online companies regarding the purchasing of high quality servers at fair and reasonable prices?

thanks
    -V

Interpromicro
    Dell
    IBM

RackmountsEtc: sales@rackmountsetc.com or 'rackmountsetc' on AIM. (Ignore their website; it's still under construction.)
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

I'll second both Mfjp's and Erica's. I've purchased many thousand of dollars worth of hardware in the past from rackmountsetc (not for dinix) as well as from dell. Both were great relationships.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Would you provide some urls to these sites, thanks

-Visionary

dell.com? and rackmountsetc you are best contacting him via email or AIM (sales@rackmountsetc.com - email, or rackmountsetc - aim)

his site is out of date
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

supermicro all the way. beats the heck out of dells and generics. they only sell cases and motherboards though, so you will have to find a company that builds supermicro boxes <wink> =]

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

www.interpromicro.com ask for andy or bensen
    They can do custom builds, generic stuff, or supermicros(nice dual xeons).

bad experience with interpromicro in the past, wouldnt use them unless i planned to colo the boxes they build at HE fremont.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

I would suggest racklogic.com Not only are there prices great, but they have a design by which two servers can fit into 1U space. Drop them an e-mail.. they are always very helpful i think.

That's a supermicro case, anyone who sells supermicro has that same design
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

My vote is for Dell.

If you buy at the end of a fiscal quarter you can get very good deals. Just today I got free processor upgrades, $300.00 in rebates, 20% off the servers and a free unmanaged switch. You have to call and get a sales rep though--they can beat the online deals.
    Richard
    Multiple Domain Hosting | See our Ad in PC Magazine
    Windows Reseller Hosting @ www.e3servers.com

Originally posted by beachtrader
    My vote is for Dell.

If you buy at the end of a fiscal quarter you can get very good deals. Just today I got free processor upgrades, $300.00 in rebates, 20% off the servers and a free unmanaged switch. You have to call and get a sales rep though--they can beat the online deals.
    I'm sure Dell is trying to get rid of some inventory. Intel just cut chip prices by up to 35%, so Dell's probably selling the old stuff at rock-bottom prices in order to make way for the new chips.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

Well, I wouldn't call what I bought old stuff but that is the reason why they are offering processing upgrades...you can get the higher end processors for cheaper prices everywhere because of the introduction of new chips. Here is the new price list:

http://news.com.com/i/ne/p/2003/070903intel_chart2.gif
    Richard

Having used Supermicro products almost exclusively, I can't recommend them highly enough.

I would have to agree.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

My vote is for Dell.

Interesting. How many boxes did you have to buy to get that kind of deal?

Is there a volume requirement to deal directly with a rep?

There is no volume requirment. It is the end of the fiscal quarter for Dell so they are dealing so the numbers are good for Wall Street. It happens at the end of each quarter.
    Last edited by beachtrader; 10-30-2003 at 04:39 PM.
    Richard

There is no volume requirment. It is the end of the fiscal quarter for Dell so are dealing so the numbers are good for Wall Street. It happens at the end of each quarter.
    Cool. Thanks.

I've been trying to buy 3 or 4 more boxes from Brian at RackmountsEtc this week but he's stopped responding to my emails. Oh well, his loss. If someone doesn't want my business, by goodness I'm certainly not going to beg them to take it.

I was looking hard at the Dell boxes last night, I think I'll go ahead and give the phone sales tip a try.

Brandon

Originally posted by cbtrussell
    I've been trying to buy 3 or 4 more boxes from Brian at RackmountsEtc this week but he's stopped responding to my emails. Oh well, his loss. If someone doesn't want my business, by goodness I'm certainly not going to beg them to take it.

Brandon
    I just ordered 2 more servers from Brian today. Try call Brian via his mobile number. (619-709-0974). He said because of the CA bush fire. They dont have power in their area and internet was offline for several days. So he probably hasn't read your email yet. They are running by backup power generator. The local phone probably not working or maybe his phone require power to turn on. So call him via mobile. I am sure he can help you out.

Alot of our co-lo customers trust thier companys to supermicros. There is also a company called Iron Systems in CA. www.ironsystems.com we have purchased a few machines from them, they use intel and supermicro cases.

If you call Iron Systems ask for Sam.

Originally posted by freeva
    I just ordered 2 more servers from Brian today. Try call Brian via his mobile number. (619-709-0974). He said because of the CA bush fire. They dont have power in their area and internet was offline for several days. So he probably hasn't read your email yet. They are running by backup power generator. The local phone probably not working or maybe his phone require power to turn on. So call him via mobile. I am sure he can help you out.
    Yep, I received an email to that effect overnight. Thanks for the heads up.

Brandon

Hey Im alive! Power just came back on last night around 1AM (YAY!!!)

Anyways, Brandon, Im working on your emails as we speak
    █ Brian Wing | RackmountsEtc™
    www.rackmountsetc.com - sales@rackmountsetc.com - 619-258-0573
    █ Custom built rackmount server systems from Atom to Sandybridge
    █ Custom Server Solutions to suit your needs™

Oh and TY Freeva for letting him know
    █ Brian Wing | RackmountsEtc™
    www.rackmountsetc.com - sales@rackmountsetc.com - 619-258-0573
    █ Custom built rackmount server systems from Atom to Sandybridge
    █ Custom Server Solutions to suit your needs™

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast