* [Review Request] : Your Suggestions & Help Requested @ Web Hosting Kit

Hello,

We recently launched a Web Hosting Directory & Information site at www.webhostingkit.com We have a long way to go before calling ourselves successful and your help in this matter would not only be helpful but also very much appreciated.

Site Title: Web Hosting Kit
    Site URL : http://www.webhostingkit.com/

If you can review the site and tell me on how and what part of the site you didn't liked (or did liked) it would be wonderful.

Your answer to any or all of the questions below would mean a lot.

1) What did you think of the site at the first look?
    2) Does it look like a Web Hosting Directory & Information site, without having to ready much/any?
    3) What do you think of the site layout, Logo & colors?
    4) How did you liked the user interface & navigation, is it easy to understand and navigate?
    5) Any type of suggestions on how it can be improved?

If anyone wants to test out the user login interface (for end user, article/pr authors, & Hosting Companies) then here is the login information:

Login URL: http://www.webhostingkit.com/a/cgi/user.cgi
    Username: whtalkuser
    Password: whtalkpass

In addition, if there are any features that you would like to see on the web site, I can add them in the features check/to-do list too.

Again, thank you for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyMiller
    1) What did you think of the site at the first look?
    The advertisement on the right side is taking too much attention -- so much that it offsets the balance of the site. The site itself looks professional, but I'd imagine the experience to be a little overwhelming for people unfamiliar with hosting-related lexicon. Which might not be a problem at all -- really depends on the type of audience you wish to target.
    2) Does it look like a Web Hosting Directory & Information site, without having to ready much/any?
    Yes.
    3) What do you think of the site layout, Logo & colors?
    It's fine. The problem is really with the ads. They take a lot of space and attention, but their colours do not always blend well.
    4) How did you liked the user interface & navigation, is it easy to understand and navigate?
    The experience under "Web Hosting Guide" is not intuitive enough. Otherwise the general experience is good.
    5) Any type of suggestions on how it can be improved?
    Separate the advertisement from the site structural-wise and design-wise even more than it is now.

Good luck.

Hello Dale,

Thank you for the in-depth review.

Ads on Right Side
    Yes I completely agree with you and have updated notes for our designing team for this. You can be sure that 160x600 Banner will be either removed or split in the manner that it does not end up staying the main visible spot on the web site. It might be even replaced with 120x600 as it would be not as major distraction as 160x600

Our main audience is Business Owners who are looking for web hosting for their work web site. However we also plan to focus on average John Doe who might want a web hosting for his personal site too.

We are working on getting more articles listed there. Also am hoping that with support of Web Hosting Talk community we will also be able to find good writers who will submit articles at Web Hosting Kit & in return will receive two fold publicity & credit for their work.

Ad Structure
    Point noted: in the Version 2.0 of Web Hosting Kit, right ads should have the word "Advertisement" on the top of them.

Again I would like to thank you for taking time to review the web site.

If others would be kind enough to take few moments to review the site, it would be wonderful & very much apprecaited.

Ashley

very nice, well placed ads, good color scheme.
    generally a very good website.
    One problem, it is very similer to parked pages, you know the ones on expired domains.

1- professional website
    2- yes
    3- logo is ok so is your color palette, but the empty blue gradient space in the header give the impressions that something is missing, failed to download
    4- yes

A nice, clean, professional looking site. Try to fill in the press release to give the site a complete look.

7. Your website should definately do it's job. I have two suggestions dear AshleyMiller though, first give a little more padding to everything, content needs room to breethe and so is the visitor who is looking at the website. The left column with the ads and the middle table definately needs some more space. The secong one would be to go for a darker background. I mean the coloring theme is coherent, but sometimes being to coherent distracts from the main content. Try to seperate the background from the foreground and see if it works better!
    Just my two cents!

Thumbs up

Thank you needlehost, Gagis, premium20, pixel-illusions & others who emailed me for your suggestions and help.

One problem, it is very similar to parked pages, you know the ones on expired domains.
    Point noted and will pass it on to our designing team to see on how this issue should be handled.

logo is ok so is your color palette, but the empty blue gradient space in the header give the impressions that something is missing, failed to download
    Yes I agree with you. It is suppose to be a spot for a small banner; however we are not yet ready for it.. But we forgot to notice that in the lack of content/ad there, it can appear as something is missing. Thank you for drawing our attention towards it.

Try to fill in the press release to give the site a complete look.
    Yes it would be very helpful to have more press release and web hosting related articles/guide. Press Release might not be as hard as getting good articles that are written to help web hosting customers and not just to get direct links.

little more padding to everything...... content needs room to breethe.......coloring theme is coherent.....
    Now that you have mentioned it, version 2.0 of Web Hosting Kit should solve all these problems. In addition only 5.51% of our audience seems to be using 800x600 screen resolutions & 40.68% is using 1024x768 and others are more than 1024x768, so I am pretty certain that Web Hosting Kit will be soon changing its layout options from 800x600 to 1024x768. In addition, we will make sure that coloring of each area is done properly and also all content is easily visible and not mixing with ads or background.

Again thank you needlehost, Gagis, premium20, pixel-illusions & others who emailed me for your suggestions and help.

Also, if anyone else have any suggestions on comments on the site or on what they would like to ‘see’ or what features they would like to see get added at Web Hosting Kit, it would be very much appreciated.

Ashley

9. Thank you! We are here to help!
    I am looking forward to version 2.0!