How to Reduce the High CPU usage

currently i'm on a VPS and i see high CPU usage on [php] <defunct> like 70%80% also i have vbseo and VBulletin any suggestions to decrease that will be great thanks.

Is this a cpanel vps?

What provider? cPanel? Specs? More info?

it is cpanel

Does your VPS provider offer management? If so your provider may be able to assist and or recommend various things / optimization / tweaking to reduce your CPU usage.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

Quote Originally Posted by theprimehost View Post
    Does your VPS provider offer management? If so your provider may be able to assist and or recommend various things / optimization / tweaking to reduce your CPU usage.
    yes bro they tried everything but still it's same VBSEO causes the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMS View Post
    vBSEO can use quite a lot of CPU, etc. Might just need upgrade spec CPU/memory wise.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Hello,

I have been facing exactly the same problem. I'm also on a VPS (VPSLatch), and have vBulletin + vBSEO. Today the server load reached upto 50+ (which normally stays around 0.5 - 1). I disabled all the Plug-ins GLOBALLY, However, the problem still persists. The VPS Management staff is still telling that vBSEO is the cause but howcome when all my plugins are globally disabled? I use around seven plug ins anyway. After this today's issue, I have strong feeling that vBSEO is NOT the ultimate cause. Also, It's important to note that I have been on the same VPS server since about a year and not faced much of problems so howcome all of sudden, when even traffic has marginal increase? I would like to hear some comments from REAL experts here.

PS: Another thing to note is that memory usage always stays under control. It's mainly CPU load which drastically shoots up. So upgrading the RAM won't help either.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by *VT* View Post
    Hello,

I have been facing exactly the same problem. I'm also on a VPS (VPSLatch), and have vBulletin + vBSEO. Today the server load reached upto 50+ (which normally stays around 0.5 - 1). I disabled all the Plug-ins GLOBALLY, However, the problem still persists. The VPS Management staff is still telling that vBSEO is the cause but howcome when all my plugins are globally disabled? I use around seven plug ins anyway. After this today's issue, I have strong feeling that vBSEO is NOT the ultimate cause. Also, It's important to note that I have been on the same VPS server since about a year and not faced much of problems so howcome all of sudden, when even traffic has marginal increase? I would like to hear some comments from REAL experts here.

PS: Another thing to note is that memory usage always stays under control. It's mainly CPU load which drastically shoots up. So upgrading the RAM won't help either.

Thanks.
    Maybe the node is overloaded causing high disk IO/abusive users, etc. Could be DDoS attacks. It could be anything. Only HostDime/VPSLatch will know the real reason. If you don't believe them, you can try another host that offers a 30 Day Money Back guarantee to test it on a different setup.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

If you have not updated your scripts ( VB + Plugins : a new version could bring in some bugs etc ) + no traffic increase + when you disable the plugins the cpu load remains high...then my opinion is that there is another guy ( VPS ) or tasks on the main node that create issues or even a software/hardware issue on the main node itself. I'm not a "real" expert...just my opinion.

As HostX stated, it may be time to upgrade to something with more powerful specs, a higher end VPS (perhaps Xen based) or perhaps a dedicated server.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

Quote Originally Posted by *VT* View Post
    Hello,

Thanks.
    you said it well.in this case i never recommend vbseo with VPS.perhaps with dedicated yes it will be fine.this is kind of major issue.even vbseo staff not ready to help any more with this issue.memory is 1GB but still nothing any issue with the memo.but we tried with 5 cpu added but still remain the same issue.any experts here please give us some advice thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    vBSEO can use quite a lot of CPU, etc. Might just need upgrade spec CPU/memory wise.
    actually we didn't get any issue with memory it's perfectly controlled.and VBSEO script we optimized very well.but still the CPU shows very high usage on vbseo.php.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Maybe the node is overloaded causing high disk IO/abusive users, etc. Could be DDoS attacks. It could be anything. Only HostDime/VPSLatch will know the real reason. If you don't believe them, you can try another host that offers a 30 Day Money Back guarantee to test it on a different setup.
    we have changed the node as well but same issue.I don't think it is DDos but all problem with VBSEO.They are not giving proper answer to optimized the server.as a paid product pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by MBGear View Post
    If you have not updated your scripts ( VB + Plugins : a new version could bring in some bugs etc ) + no traffic increase + when you disable the plugins the cpu load remains high...then my opinion is that there is another guy ( VPS ) or tasks on the main node that create issues or even a software/hardware issue on the main node itself. I'm not a "real" expert...just my opinion.
    everything are up to date trust me.

I don't know if it's an option for you and/or the host, but it could be a way to solve this issue if you ask to be moved on another node possibly "less" busy. Another way could be to name your host here so you get that extra attention that WHT offers.
    You could also get some help at the cpanel's forums too. I have read similar threads there...not so recent...but could be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by MBGear View Post
    I don't know if it's an option for you and/or the host, but it could be a way to solve this issue if you ask to be moved on another node possibly "less" busy. Another way could be to name your host here so you get that extra attention that WHT offers.
    You could also get some help at the cpanel's forums too. I have read similar threads there...not so recent...but could be a start.
    we changed around 3 times different nods.but issue is not 100% solved bro.

we have changed the node as well but same issue.I don't think it is DDos but all problem with VBSEO.They are not giving proper answer to optimized the server.as a paid product pissed me off.
    What VPS spec do you have? If it is low spec you may want to try semi-dedicated hosting instead. You can usually use a lot more resources with semi-dedicated accounts than you can with low-spec VPS.

And I have seen high usage on dedicated server for vbseo.php many times but it has never caused any real problems. As long there is enough resources when needed it should be fine.

Processor #1

Vendor
    GenuineIntel

Name
    Genuine Intel(R) CPU 000 @ 2.27GHz

Speed
    2266.803 MHz

Cache
    12288 KB
    here it is.