Exclamation which vps control panel to offer for vps customers

Hello there,

i have installed OpenVZ on the HN server, also created my 1st vps

now i'm just wondering which control panels that should i use or provide to customers as a vps company

we only have OpenVZ installed on the HN

any help will be appretiated

please all accept my best regards,,

Hello,
    SolusVM has a reseller style system. Same with HyperVM, although many refuse to touch HyperVM
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    Hello,
    SolusVM has a reseller style system. Same with HyperVM, although many refuse to touch HyperVM
    hello KMyers,

thanks man for your kind sharing,

actually i tried Hypervm (slave) on a vps but doesnt work as i found that it need to be installed on the HN not per vps

i will try Solusvm control panel,

so man reseller vps control panels means that these control panels only can be installed per vps not in the main HN ?

please accept my best regards

Quote Originally Posted by HuMan-BiEnG View Post
    hello KMyers,

thanks man for your kind sharing,

actually i tried Hypervm (slave) on a vps but doesnt work as i found that it need to be installed on the HN not per vps

i will try Solusvm control panel,

so man reseller vps control panels means that these control panels only can be installed per vps not in the main HN ?

All of these are installed on the Host Node
    Keith I Myers

All of these are installed on the Host Node
    including SolusVM ?

i want a control panel which i could install on vps not in the HN

i use OpenVZ command line on the HN, while i need graphic control panel to be installed on the vps for customers to be able to control there vps

please accept my best regards,,

You could in theory install a control panel on a VM, but its a bad idea to put it on the same node.
    Keith I Myers

Hello KMyers,

we are a web hosting company which just start VPS bussiness

which means we have little knowledge about this field

OpenVZ is our virtualization software, we have already created vps using OpenVZ command line

as a vps web hosting provider, we need to offer VPS control panels for vps customers

is it possible to install a control panel, SolusVM (as an example) only on the VPS not in the HN ?

which will allow us to provide more than one control panel type on each VPS/VE/container according to customer needs

or this is not possible because no control panel will be installed on VPS only as it will need also to be installed on the main HN ?

please all accept my best regardss
    Last edited by HuMan-BiEnG; 05-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Hello KMyers,

we are a web hosting company which just start VPS bussiness

which means we have little knowledge about this field

OpenVZ is our virtualization software, we have already created vps using OpenVZ command line

as a vps web hosting provider, we need to offer VPS control panels for vps customers

is it possible to install a control panel, SolusVM (as an example) only on the VPS not in the HN ?

which will allow us to provide more than one control panel type on each VPS/VE/container according to customer needs

or this is not possible because no control panel will be installed on VPS only as it will need also to be installed on the main HN ?

please all accept my best regardss
    Hello,
    You dont want to put Solus on a VPS in the same VPS node that you are offering to your customers. It will cause too many problems. Once the control panel is installed, a customer will sill be able to install a control panel of their choosing inside of the VPS (such as cPanel).
    Keith I Myers

Hello,
    You dont want to put Solus on a VPS in the same VPS node that you are offering to your customers. It will cause too many problems. Once the control panel is installed, a customer will sill be able to install a control panel of their choosing inside of the VPS (such as cPanel).
    hello KMyers,

so does this mean that we as a VPS hosting provider doesnt need to install a vps control panel on every VPS that we will provide to each customer

instead we will only need to install WHM/cpanel or Kloxo or Webmin control panels only on each VPS we provide !!

and so for creating/adding new VPS on the main HN we could still use OpenVZ command line

hello KMyers,

so does this mean that we as a VPS hosting provider doesnt need to install a vps control panel on every VPS that we will provide to each customer

instead we will only need to install WHM/cpanel or Kloxo or Webmin control panels only on each VPS we provide !!

and so for creating/adding new VPS on the main HN we could still use OpenVZ command line

No, it is actually not a good idea to pre-install a control panel, not all users may need or want one
    Keith I Myers

hello KMyers,

If you install, let's say solusvm, on your system you can provide them with an account that gives them access to what they need to control their VPS. Internally, on the vps itself, is where you would install cPanel or other control panels of that type. I think that is the answer you were looking for.
    Ain't here to spam my signature, I'm not desperate for sales.

hello KMyers,

Are you sure you should be a VPS hosting provider asking these questions?
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Are you sure you should be a VPS hosting provider asking these questions?
    Hello Techy,

we as a web hosting provider willnt provide VPS if we dont have much knowledge about this project

we just starting this new business & still doesnt have more knowledge & so trying to understand this bussiness thats why we are asking

ps: if we dont ask we willnt learn & its off course your right to share or no share knowledge that will help us

thanks for your post

Hello all,

because of your kind cooperations & sharing with me

i reach to the following points :

1) we will use OpenVZ for virtualization & administring/creating VPS through command line, so we willnt need graphic VPS control panel to be installed (i prefer cmd type bussiness which allow for using scripts to implement jobs in speedy way)

2) we will provide VPS different plans, & each VPS that will be provided will have one of the following control panel options (according to customer needs) :

WHM/cpanel
    Kloxo
    Webmin

including SolusVM ?

i want a control panel which i could install on vps not in the HN

i use OpenVZ command line on the HN, while i need graphic control panel to be installed on the vps for customers to be able to control there vps

SolusVM has a "Slave only" for 2.50/m that you install on a VPS. You then apply a slave license for any HN you want to control from it. You can move that VPS around to any HN, which makes it pretty easy to backup and migrate should the need arise.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    SolusVM has a "Slave only" for 2.50/m that you install on a VPS. You then apply a slave license for any HN you want to control from it. You can move that VPS around to any HN, which makes it pretty easy to backup and migrate should the need arise.
    Hello mugo,

thanks man for sharing

as a start point for our business we will offer any of the following control panels to be installed in each provided VPS :
    WHM/cpanel
    Kloxo
    Webmin
    Plesk
    Direct Admin

beside using OpenVZ command line for VPS virtualization on the main Hardware Node

If your on a budget and need something thats semi-decent I suppose SolusVM is right up your street
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    If your on a budget and need something thats semi-decent I suppose SolusVM is right up your street
    Hello cd/home,

first nice cool nickname & second thanks for your kind answering man

third yeah man we will use SolusVM but in our second step after we know better & more about this bussiness

Yes SolusVM is pretty handy VPS hosting control panel and have more and more features with every new release.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

Hello all,

because of your kind cooperations & sharing with me

i reach to the following points :

1) we will use OpenVZ for virtualization & administring/creating VPS through command line, so we willnt need graphic VPS control panel to be installed (i prefer cmd type bussiness which allow for using scripts to implement jobs in speedy way)

2) we will provide VPS different plans, & each VPS that will be provided will have one of the following control panel options (according to customer needs) :

WHM/cpanel
    Kloxo
    Webmin

Have you tried using VPS Servers from other providers ?? to understand what user needs ?

A VPS gives user freedom to install applications or install the control panel he likes and whenever he makes anything wrong he can reinstall the VPS in one click

You must try using VPS From other providers! I don't know if you already did this

hello KMyers,

so does this mean that we as a VPS hosting provider
    So far, from the posts i have seen from you, you have no right to call yourself that. You clearly don't have a clue what your doing.
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

I didn't quite understand what you want yet, however i think can help you poiting out somethings.

First you can/should use SolusVM to give a control panel to your clients to manage their VPS ( START/STOP/RESTART/RE-INSTALL, etc. ) and also to make it easy for you to manage your clients VPS's it works bouth ways. There are many more VPS control panels out there not only the ones mentioned here you should search wich one feats your company.

On a secound note if you want your Customers VPS to have some control panels pre-installed ( like Webmin/Virtualmin/Cpanel whatever ) you can find templates with this pre-installed that your customers only need to re-isntall their VPS with this templates, but you should also offer the "basic" OS for the customer that doesn't want any of this panels.

Before you start really offering VPS's to anyone you should have more knowladge on this field, and know what you are doing better or contract someone that knows this things and does them for you.
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    I didn't quite understand what you want yet, however i think can help you poiting out somethings.

First you can/should use SolusVM to give a control panel to your clients to manage their VPS ( START/STOP/RESTART/RE-INSTALL, etc. ) and also to make it easy for you to manage your clients VPS's it works bouth ways. There are many more VPS control panels out there not only the ones mentioned here you should search wich one feats your company.

On a secound note if you want your Customers VPS to have some control panels pre-installed ( like Webmin/Virtualmin/Cpanel whatever ) you can find templates with this pre-installed that your customers only need to re-isntall their VPS with this templates, but you should also offer the "basic" OS for the customer that doesn't want any of this panels.

Before you start really offering VPS's to anyone you should have more knowladge on this field, and know what you are doing better or contract someone that knows this things and does them for you.
    Hello Bernardoo,

many thanks man for your great info

but man in order that i can provide SolusVM for customers,

should first i have SolusVM installed on the main Hardware Node ?

SolusVM have two types of control panels :

1) master
    2) slave

is master type intended only for Hardware Node, while slave for each VE/VPS or for each container ?

Install the master on a seperate VPS you don't need much 512 Ram will suffice. The slave gets installed on your actual hardware node. The master is where users will login to control their vps as well as your admin panel. The master tells the slave what to do in short.

Maybe spend some time reading Solusvms Wiki.