Exclamation Turnkey Internet - Be careful with what you get...

I know they posted some pretty sweet deals online so I signed up as well, and I paid the invoice but never received the login details, when raised a ticket to ask about it, the ticket was closed with no response and no refund from them as well, now my WHMCS account with them is closed as well to make sure I can not raise another ticket about this and instant chat was closed automatically also. I won't call them scam for now but think twice before you sign up with them.

Ticket number is [TURNKEYINTERNET #JAV-461-46915] for anyone who needs verification.
      0 Not allowed!

My impression is that they have added an overwhelming number of customers with that crazy promo that they are running. I am waiting for a resolution of a few issues myself, but right now I don't have the HTML done to put up there, so I can give them a few days to get caught up while I wait
      0 Not allowed!

Well, if they do not have time, how could they find time to block my WHMCS account and how do they find time to close my ticket?
      0 Not allowed!

A long long time ago, when I worked around customer service, one was rated on how quickly you got tickets/issues/calls closed...
      0 Not allowed!

LOL, and how many WHMCS accounts they closed as well
    I agree with you as I once worked in customer service as well, however the fact that they have spent so much time just to make sure I paid my money and have no chance to talk to them really puzzled me...
      0 Not allowed!

Don't take me the wrong way, I wasn't trying to justify anything, just to offer a possible explanation. This is certainly weird...
      0 Not allowed!

one of my friend work with them without any problem in a long time
    try to call them via tell and ask for reason
      0 Not allowed!

Wow.
    So they just closed it for no reason?
    WebTonight.co
    Master Reseller|Reseller|cPanel Shared|Unlimited.
    Softaculous|Fantastico|RVSiteBuilder Pro|Free R1Soft Backups.
    Powered By CloudLinux servers|RAID10| 99.9% Network Uptime.
      0 Not allowed!

An update, practically as I was typing something else here, I received the email that resolved the issues I had. Still very interested in the explanation behind this situation.
      0 Not allowed!

Hopefully turnkeyinternet who is a member here chimes in on this.

This doesn't really surprise me anymore. Last years black friday deal, they were offering customers for their vps plans more cores than the servers had themselves.
      0 Not allowed!

Absolutely correct, they did not even in fact responded to the ticket and the reason why I know the tickets were closed was because they send out an email asking for my "opinion" on how they handled the ticket....which I found pretty amusing
    Quote Originally Posted by WebTonight View Post
    Wow.
    So they just closed it for no reason?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jdownj View Post
    Don't take me the wrong way, I wasn't trying to justify anything, just to offer a possible explanation. This is certainly weird...
    I understand and honestly I tried to think of some possible explanations as well, but unfortunately I can not find any....
      0 Not allowed!

Hello 96mb, I am sorry for any trouble you ran into here, your account was blocked by the fraud screening system on your initial signup *using a different ip than your 2nd attempted signup*. The first ip you used comes back with ngix/port80 response (looks like a proxy , which is probably why our anti fraud systems blocked your signup). The invoice you referenced shows unpaid in the billing system (but upon closer inspection at Paypal, we found your transaction Id and do confirm you made payment). Why paypal didnt block it due to our anti-fraud system, and more so, why paypal never sent it back to our billing system I'm unsure, but I've brought it to our billing manager's attention.

I do apologize, as it looks like you did finish the payment through paypal and we have refunded it to you in full as transaction id 6XN15349DS525112P.

Your subsequent signup, did not show payment, if that is however incorrect, and you have a 2nd transaction that paid please let us know and we can refund that as well. We showed the 2nd signup you did (from another ip) as unpaid, so the order was cancelled today after going 48 hours unpaid, and combined with the fraud-out on the first order, we closed the account.

Now I've issued you a full refund, but due to the proxy/ip and max mind block on the initial signup's this looks to have caused all the trouble, and our billing team thought the order was a genuine fraud.

What I've asked is our sales manager to give you a phone call in the morning, and see if we can't properly verify the order for you and see about getting you service, but for now due to your ip frauding out it's best you wait until we give you a call in the morning.

Best wishes.
    Colohouse | P: 877-539-4638 | E: hello@colohouse.com
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS
    Data Centers: New York | Chicago | Miami | Colorado | California | Amsterdam
      0 Not allowed!

How long ago did you signup? I know turnkey is pretty active here. I am sure they will reply here with more info.
    - Nexus Bytes LLC- Ryzen powered NVME VPS and web hosting, packed with perks and love!
    - Entry Bytes - Affordable VPS Cheap quality
    - USA (NYC | Miami | LA) | Europe (London, UK | Naaldwijk, NL) | Asia Pacific (Singapore | Japan | Australia)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    Hopefully turnkeyinternet who is a member here chimes in on this.

This doesn't really surprise me anymore. Last years black friday deal, they were offering customers for their vps plans more cores than the servers had themselves.
    Techjr, that's not true. We were one of the first VPS providers offering Dual HexaCore servers (12 physical cores, 24 with HT). We legitimately were offering fair-share access to up to 12 cores, and backed it up.

Every new VPS order today is on a dual Hexa core E5645 @ 2.40GHz boxes - so yes if you upgrade to 12 cores, you get access to that many true cores. (the handful of people who got the wrong server, we moved to the hexa core boxes, if you refer to that 1 thread back on blackfriday when we were turning up half a dozen vps nodes a day to keep up).

I didn't want this rolling in the wrong direction trying to say we don't provide what we sell. Obviously 96mb ran into a snag, and we will assist him - but don't want people jumping to conclusions based on mis-info.
    Colohouse | P: 877-539-4638 | E: hello@colohouse.com
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS
    Data Centers: New York | Chicago | Miami | Colorado | California | Amsterdam
      0 Not allowed!

Glad to see a quick and professional reply in this. It makes much more sense now. Obviously it would be great if the anti-fraud system explained what was going on to the prospective customer, but then again if computers worked flawlessly 100% of the time, they wouldn't need us humans

Edit: Spelling
      0 Not allowed!

Ok, the issue has been resolved, apologies for the initial negative thoughts, mods please close the thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah I got hit by their maxmind as well. After about an hour I closed my ticket and went elsewhere. It's not a big deal, but I wish people wouldn't set their maxmind so strictly that I get marked for fraud because my phone number is the zip code directly to the west of the one my address is in. Who uses land lines anymore? We have a McDonald's here now, certainly not an AT&T store
      0 Not allowed!

My job requires frequent travel, so some details like my cell phone number lag behind. I probably wouldn't use a host that didn't flag me for review
      0 Not allowed!

I'm usualy hit by fraud check of hosting company and this is realy annoing only as my ISP sign my connection from different place in Italy as them switch the login point based on load of their network (i have a fixed ip but still appean one day in one city the other day at 300km from my home).
    I think could be ok have an antifraud but if I choose to pay in advance with paypal or other credit card you should be less suspicious (for a shared hosting or reseller plan, could be ok to be strict for a dedicated server with customization).
      0 Not allowed!

Just want to let everyone know Nick from Turnkey Internet has just emailed me and offered me first month free for the misunderstanding, although I am, quite frankly speaking, not happy with the way a new customer was treated, I am glad they have at least tried to take some action to save their corporate image/fix the problems they have had.
      0 Not allowed!

/closed per OP's request.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx
      0 Not allowed!