Question mailserver problem!

Hi

I have a domain that uses my RaQ4 for webserver use only, the mailserver for that domain is being handled by another server, everything is fine except when a internal email being sent inside the domains on the raq4 server or a website form sent using sendmail on raq4 for that domain are getting user not found or reject error, and that is because the server thinks it is also handling the email and that user dose not exist in the raq4 so even if I create that user in raq then it will send the emails to that user internally and the email wont be sent to the real domain mailserver!

How do I turn the webserver completely off or disable it for that particular domain or how do I tell it that it is not the domain mail server?

Thank you

Make sure the mailserver isn't set to accept mail for the domain on the e-mail settings page, for one. Aside from that I don't know.

wut mailserver? sendmail? postfix? etc... and what os.

what is wut!?

Originally posted by CmptrWz
    Make sure the mailserver isn't set to accept mail for the domain on the e-mail settings page, for one. Aside from that I don't know.
    where do you configure this setting?
    if you mean control panel >> email server >> parameters

I have already remove the domain from server (host) names but it still gives the same error:

The original message was received at Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:21:04 -0800 from admin@localhost

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- info@domain.com

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    554 5.0.0 MX list for domain.com. points back to www.domain.com 554 5.3.5 info@domain.com... Local configuration error

In that case, make sure that all of your MX records for the domain point to the server that should be handling the mail. That is what I know happened the last time I saw that error.

Remember that internally on the RaQ, mail to user@domain.com is rewritten to user@www.domain.com (or whatever your hostname is), so you need an MX record for www.domain.com pointing to your other mail server as well (and set it to accept mail for user@www.domain.com, as well as user@domain.com).

Also, like it was mentioned, make sure there's nothing in the mail server alias field in the site settings.
    http://www.lamphowto.com/ - LAMP and LAMP+SSL HowTo
    http://www.cobaltfaqs.com/ - Cobalt FAQs and HowTos

ok let me correct this error message:

The original message was received at Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:21:04 -0800 from admin@localhost

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- info@domain.com

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    554 5.0.0 MX list for domain.com. points back to www.ServerName.com 554 5.3.5 info@domain.com... Local configuration error

Do you have an MX for domain.com and an MX for www.domain.com, both pointing to the other mail server?

Do you have any CNAME records for www.domain.com or domain.com? They should all be A records.

If you want, you can PM me with the actual domain names (and mail server domain) and I'll see what I can figure out...
    http://www.lamphowto.com/ - LAMP and LAMP+SSL HowTo
    http://www.cobaltfaqs.com/ - Cobalt FAQs and HowTos