Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dont Use Servermatrix

I had servermatrix for ~year they are a$$holes. Someone hacked into my server, so they did an OS reload, which was understandable. I put all my information back on the server and reinstalled everything else. That day I have my server crashing 4 to 5 times a day, and these morons just sat there and asked if I wanted a reboot every time it went down. For 2 months straight they tell me the server crashes cause of something I have installed. I got sick of it and had someone investigate my server and they found out that the hard drive is screwed. I then tell them it's their problem and they need to reinstall a new hard drive. They tell me I'll have to pay someone else to back everything up and reinstall in cause they dont want to be liable in case the information is lost! And that I first have to provide GREAT reasoning why it's in fact the hard drive before they'll even look at it. I got sick of their crap and cancelled. I then get a call from the "head accountant" saying that the problem with the server "stops today". He blabs on for over 30 minutes trying to tell me that all the issues I've been having "stop today". I pretty much told him to F off and went with another company.

Servermatrix has sold too many servers and their service and support sucks. If you want a company with reasonable pricing go with layeredtechnologies.com
      0 Not allowed!

Are you talking about layeredtech.com ?
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
      0 Not allowed!

VapoRub, they are the same company Layeredtech is short for layeredtechnologies.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •
      0 Not allowed!

Ahh gotach, thanks for the info.
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
      0 Not allowed!

Frankly I see nothing wrong with the way ServerMatrix handled this. Of course they will ask for some kind of evidence why the client thinks it is a hardware issue... think of all the clueless people they work with who can't figure out these kinds of issues on their own:
    I got sick of it and had someone investigate my server and they found out that the hard drive is screwed.
    Furthermore if you come to any host with an attitude and act like a know-it-all twit with an attitude,
    I then tell them it's their problem and they need to reinstall a new hard drive.
    they're not going to trip over themselves being helpful...
    They tell me I'll have to pay someone else to back everything up and reinstall in cause they dont want to be liable in case the information is lost!
    I have worked for data centers, I have been on the receiving side of tickets like these. I know that Problem Clients are certainly told things like that by said data centers, if only to cover the data center's butt... Because it would be just like a Problem Client to come back and say "your work destroyed my data" etc.... never mind the fact the client requested the work to start with and was properly advised that data loss is a possibility.

I have been with ServerMatrix for 16 months, and we have had hardware work done, OS reloads, and issues fully investigated by SM techs. At every instance they were polite, generous, and very knowledgeable about their work. When we had issues, we fully investigated and documented what we had on our hands, and then the techs spent considerable time at console working on it further. They have been happy to be hands-on and in a couple of cases spent nearly an hour just digging into the scope of the problem. That's pretty phenomenal service, in my book.

Before we are so quick to shoot our mouths off about how bad particular providers are, it's paramount to remember techs are people too. You reap what you sow. If you came into the scenario with a hot head, pointing fingers and being a general nuisance, then you absolutely should expect less helpful replies in return. With any provider.

It's much easier to attract bees with honey...

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, it depends really, if you blow at them with such impolite words, then what do you expect in return !
      0 Not allowed!

ServerMatrix has very good support. Only thing I don't like is you pay for that support. And you need to request help nicely, and do diagnostics yourself. Don't expect them to do something you can do with a few bash lines.
      0 Not allowed!

If you came into the scenario with a hot head, pointing fingers and being a general nuisance, then you absolutely should expect less helpful replies in return.
    Well, it depends really, if you blow at them with such impolite words, then what do you expect in return !
    Oh my, can't we tell that neither of you two could ever run a real company.

Let me remind you of the phrase, "The customer is always right".

He is a PAYING customer, and should be treated as so.

Web hosting is the only industry iv'e ever known where company representatives (yes, thats what the tech's and support are), can actually be insanely un-polite to a customer, and not get fired!

Ofcourse SM screwed up, and ofcourse spike326 shouldve cancelled and reported his bad fortunes on these forums.

I can safely say i'd hate to be a customer of one of your hosting companies if you treat paying customers so badly.
      0 Not allowed!

i think this guy is just trying to promot layeredtechnologies.com
    i have been with TP/SM for more then 1 year and have used both with multiple servers and have nothing bad to say about them
    great prices, network and hardware
    also there support is ok
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by bithost(NET)
    Frankly I see nothing wrong with the way ServerMatrix handled this. Of course they will ask for some kind of evidence why the client thinks it is a hardware issue... think of all the clueless people they work with who can't figure out these kinds of issues on their own:
    Furthermore if you come to any host with an attitude and act like a know-it-all twit with an attitude, they're not going to trip over themselves being helpful...

I have worked for data centers, I have been on the receiving side of tickets like these. I know that Problem Clients are certainly told things like that by said data centers, if only to cover the data center's butt... Because it would be just like a Problem Client to come back and say "your work destroyed my data" etc.... never mind the fact the client requested the work to start with and was properly advised that data loss is a possibility.

I have been with ServerMatrix for 16 months, and we have had hardware work done, OS reloads, and issues fully investigated by SM techs. At every instance they were polite, generous, and very knowledgeable about their work. When we had issues, we fully investigated and documented what we had on our hands, and then the techs spent considerable time at console working on it further. They have been happy to be hands-on and in a couple of cases spent nearly an hour just digging into the scope of the problem. That's pretty phenomenal service, in my book.

Before we are so quick to shoot our mouths off about how bad particular providers are, it's paramount to remember techs are people too. You reap what you sow. If you came into the scenario with a hot head, pointing fingers and being a general nuisance, then you absolutely should expect less helpful replies in return. With any provider.

Bailey
    I never stated I was impolite to the techs, I was considerate of them to the fullest and they took advantage of me by saying "it's a script problem" and having me wait 30 minutes to an hour for a manual reboot request.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sswebhost
    Again if you actually read what I wrote I never stated anything in regards to being rude to the techs. I only got pissed when I found out it was their problem that caused my server to crash and lose money and with that kjnowledge I immediately cancelled. And then I get a call from the "head accountant" that tried to suck me back in.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by BizB
    i think this guy is just trying to promot layeredtechnologies.com
    i have been with TP/SM for more then 1 year and have used both with multiple servers and have nothing bad to say about them
    great prices, network and hardware
    also there support is ok
    I'm not even with layeredtech, I just stated them as another option for people looking for reasonable prices for hosting. I went with a different company that offered fully managed servers and thus far are great.
      0 Not allowed!

A similar thing happened to me from SM. My server was crashing atleast 5 times a day. After it happened twice however, they rebuilt my server. They rebuilt it 2 times. The only thing they didnt change was the HDD. I told them it was oviously the HDD, they just ignored me, and the next day, the HDD crapped out. On the good side however, they upgraded me from a Celly 2.4 to a P4 2.8HT for free!
      0 Not allowed!

hmmm you went with another company and yet you recomand layeredtech to any one reading your thread ?!

also doing some search on you i found these
    NIC problem
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=364390
    and in this thread you say you had an HD problem !?

man your unluck

also here you say you have a server with servermatrix and layeredtech
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=379050
    so i guess your just lieing when you said

I'm not even with layeredtech, I just stated them as another option for people looking for reasonable prices for hosting. I went with a different company that offered fully managed servers and thus far are great.

hehehehe man your so full of it
      0 Not allowed!

oh and you had problems for about 2 monthes and yet you tried to sell people web space ?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=234926
    how can you sell space to people when you have this much problems ?
      0 Not allowed!

hmmm you went with another company and yet you recomand layeredtech to any one reading your thread ?!

also doing some search on you i found these
    NIC problem
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=364390
    and in this thread you say you had an HD problem !?

man your unluck

also here you say you have a server with servermatrix and layeredtech
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=379050
    so i guess your just lieing when you said

hehehehe man your so full of it
    I conacted a company, ServerProvider, during the week and they didnt answer. Since I was in need of a new server quick I decided to contact layeredtech. Layeredtech said they could have me setup by tuesday without transfer. I then get an icq from ServerProvider over the weekend that the sales person I spoke to was on vacation and can give me a deal and have me setup, with free transfer, by Monday. So I cancelled layeredtech and went with ServerProvider.

And dont call me a lier you prick
      0 Not allowed!

hes just making up crap to bring a great company down. sad...
      0 Not allowed!

oh and you had problems for about 2 monthes and yet you tried to sell people web space ?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=234926
    how can you sell space to people when you have this much problems ?
    That was in 2004 you idiot. This is 2005 and 2 months of **** would mean it started at the beginning of 2005.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mooecow
    hes just making up crap to bring a great company down. sad...
    You are an idiot arent you. You can cancel hosting and go with someone else
      0 Not allowed!

Im just going to finish this off and that ServerMatrix has oversold on their servers and their support has worsened because of it. If you want cheap dedicated hosting then go with another company such as ev1, or layeredtech, but I recommend spending the extra cash on a server with much better support (ie managed). It's better to pay more and have your site actually up than to save a few bucks and not have your site up at all.
      0 Not allowed!

Its funny how you think your talking for everyone that uses SM and saying they cant do **** and the servers are always down. My servers had no probs for the last 5~ months and supports been great. I really dont think Im the only one either...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Mooecow
    Its funny how you think your talking for everyone that uses SM and saying they cant do **** and the servers are always down. My servers had no probs for the last 5~ months and supports been great. I really dont think Im the only one either...
    And Im not the only one who has problems. When you have hardware issues you will have issues with their support. When having a new system setup they dont even check hardware, such as the harddrive, to make sure it's running properly, as long as it powers up it's good enough to put into someone's server.
      0 Not allowed!

im gone fight over loving servermatrix all u want now
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by spike326
    And Im not the only one who has problems. When you have hardware issues you will have issues with their support. When having a new system setup they dont even check hardware, such as the harddrive, to make sure it's running properly, as long as it powers up it's good enough to put into someone's server.
    Support does the best they can, they upgraded my server because they made a mistake. And you said your HDD died after a while of having it, guess it was fine when it started and went bad. It happens deal with it.

$50 says hes back in this thread crying.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree & disagree

Originally posted by bithost(NET)
    Furthermore if you come to any host with an attitude and act like a know-it-all twit with an attitude, they're not going to trip over themselves being helpful...

Bailey
    I would never come to a host with a cocky attitude, thats abuse and basically that gives them the right to cancel your service.

Swearing at any one wont help a situation...

1. Its rude
    2. Theres no need for it
    3. In business there is no swearing

I swear alot in my personal life - who dosnt? But to swear at someone who is providing you with a service then thats not acceptable.

If you are having a problem with a company, fair enough your sick of the problems so...

1. Leave the company
    2. Review them on a review website (such as WHT)
    3. Dont use them again

But by no means be rude to them... because that gives them a right to cancel your server immediately, just get your information and go.

~ Matt
    ~ GigeServers for DDOS-Protected Dedicated Servers ~ www.GigeServers.com ~
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast