Accounts With A Products!

Note Subject Correction: - Accounts Without A Product.

Hi friends,

I want to know how you handle accounts in your system that h as no products or services.

The example of this is, a client whose hosting account or domain has expired.

Do you keep the account active, cancel or deleted?

Also, give reasons for why?

Thank you.
    Okoji
    Last edited by PROGSM; 08-18-2012 at 06:01 AM.

We keep them as records, these also come down to sales/invoices so that we can show that to the ATO (Australian Taxation Office) if we were ever audited. Other people may take their own actions to this, but under Australian law we must keep information regarding sales/transactions for up to 5 years.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    We keep them as records, these also come down to sales/invoices so that we can show that to the ATO (Australian Taxation Office) if we were ever audited. Other people may take their own actions to this, but under Australian law we must keep information regarding sales/transactions for up to 5 years.
    Ok, you delete after 5years?

I think when it comes down to it, why do you want to delete the accounts? Are they using any resources that you could use elsewhere? If the only resource is a record in your database, I would leave it active. If nothing else, the account is already there for them to signup again in the future if they want.

If there are resources used that you want to recover, delete it.

We keep all account information admitedly we have only been in business for 3-4 years but it does come in useful for auditing by the accountant.

Alright Guys, I need more reply here with reasons!

Exclamation

Im using ClientExec,
    & im running Pending accounts deletion that deletes pending new accounts with unpaid invoices after 7 Days,
    Once Product's Invoice is paid and client' account turned to active, I m keeping their active account wether cancelled, suspended, or didnt renew,
    Reason, is that keeping their login info active simply tells the customer that we welcome you anytime you decided to come back using our services, even if he wouldnt think of reusing us again, but the feedback & Impression
    WadiPurple.com - Managed Cloud Hosting with cPanel & 24/7 Support
    █ Web Hosting | Cloud Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Email Hosting | Domains

I think it's better to keep all account info for stats analytics, it's good for sales policy making.

If you send out a monthly newsletter of products, updates or sales this can be useful. once someone has had a website it is likely they may be back for another later.
    Nexxterra.com Web Services
    MassiveServers.com
    Web Hosting, Dedicated servers and Domain Registration - Miami, Florida, USA
    BuyAWebName.com Domain name registration

Most of the billing system have automatic things, like if client have no activity their status automatically gets changed to in-active or closed, like in WHMCS.