Thread: up2vps

up2vps

Does anyone know if their network is down. the site is slow, my control panel is slow, and my server is basically getting disconnected :/

Quote Originally Posted by Drezi View Post
    Does anyone know if their network is down. the site is slow, my control panel is slow, and my server is basically getting disconnected :/
    Hi,
    We was have abuser on node cased heavy packet loss about 10 : 15 min and it has been nullrouted

Thanks

Hi,
    the disconnectiong was from your abuse on node. Sorry the ips was nullroute by network
    as you are break our terms we can't provide this services anymore
    You are effect on our Business . Good luck

PS: This is a signature, will go out to every ticket I replied as a reminder. Please always create new ticket for every new issue you need our help with, do not keep adding new requests to old/closed ticket. And try to put clear subject on the issue.

Thanks You,

Please feel free to contact us if you need any additional assistance.

regards,
    Daniel B

UP2VPS.Com- Choose With Confidence
    Secure, Reliable, And Customer Friendly VPS Hosting

This is what i got from your support tickets. I am not sure how i supposedly caused the high packet loss. I was running my minecraft server on 4gb ram and doing nothing else. I have no idea how i caused it!?

Why doesn't up2vps respond? -,-

can i at least request to download some data from my server???

Hmmm, Whats going on here? What TOS have you broken?

Its fair to make the client do a backup if your going to shut him down.
    Last edited by server-guy; 12-13-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    IrieHost Inc - Professional Web Hosting Provider & Social Network Servers
    VPS • Shared Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Reseller Hosting
    24hrs Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.99% Uptime
    See you soon @ www.riehost.com

We will back for this thing next 24 hours
    Thats what the response was. I am still confused as to what i have done. I also happen to be mad that they take my server down literally the day after I renewed it for another month :/

I think they need to work on their English skills a bit? They should definitely give you more information on whats causing this.

- Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    I think they need to work on their English skills a bit? They should definitely give you more information on whats causing this.

- Daniel
    I thought I wouldn't deal with support this much for my vps.

but o well.

I also think they should of at least said what i did wrong and maybe warned me first. Like the terms of service says, I am not allowed to undermine the server. I did not undermine the server at all (at least directly or intentionally). I am not sure if i was ddos'd or had a memory leak, ect.

It would have been nice to know what it was so i can prevent it in the future if I choose another provider.

*p.s: all i was doing was running a minecraft server :/

These guys suck at customer service, all they care about is getting your money. You get what you pay for. I'd dump them and look for someone who actually provides good service and cares about their customers. Oh wait, that's exactly what I did.

So let me guess?

Customers site/server got attacked in some strange form, they then terminate his account problem solved.

Frankly this does show the lack of knowledge they have in this industry, anyone in this industry knows that from time to time servers get attacked. Its a fact of life!

Hosts that do not understand this baffle me quite frankly, mind you up2vps have never really done things by the industry norm and at times seem to have the strangest of policies. At times I do wonder if they even know what there doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Matt View Post
    So let me guess?

Customers site/server got attacked in some strange form, they then terminate his account problem solved.

Frankly this does show the lack of knowledge they have in this industry, anyone in this industry knows that from time to time servers get attacked. Its a fact of life!

Hosts that do not understand this baffle me quite frankly, mind you up2vps have never really done things by the industry norm and at times seem to have the strangest of policies. At times I do wonder if they even know what there doing!
    And me guess just stop reply on this topic due you are don't understand
    And please if anyone din't understand not reply here
    We don't remove or suspend his vps . The ips nullroute by network not us we have add new ips to get backup
    So people please stop attack people before understand

Quote Originally Posted by Up2vps View Post
    And me guess just stop reply on this topic due you are don't understand
    And please if anyone din't understand not reply here
    We don't remove or suspend his vps . The ips nullroute by network not us we have add new ips to get backup
    So people please stop attack people before understand
    How do companys like you have any business at all, your customer service skills are pathetic.
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post

- Daniel
    I agree. They should be providing alot more information prior to shutting down his service, and afterward informing him of the whole situation including the reason and justification behind it, not afterwards and telling him to hold. Seems sketchy to me to be honest.

-D.

After reviewing some things from the backup it appears i was (D)DOS'd -,-
    Idk why UP2VPS would remove my service when i was DDOS'd.

How stupid.

Because obviously i would DDOS my own server.

Quote Originally Posted by Drezi View Post
    After reviewing some things from the backup it appears i was (D)DOS'd -,-
    Idk why UP2VPS would remove my service when i was DDOS'd.

How stupid.

Because obviously i would DDOS my own server.

We are unmanaged services , it's look like you can't stop or avoid ddos attack from your services . we can't risk by our client or crash our nodes
    You get good services wrong me if don't get good services with us

You canceled me for "undermining" your server. I did not undermine it.
    Someone else did. Someone who DDOS'd me

We are unmanaged services , it's look like you can't stop or avoid ddos attack from your services . we can't risk by our client or crash our nodes
    You get good services wrong me if don't get good services with us
    How would you like it if your server provider cancelled your servers if you got DDoS'd. These things happen its a fact of life, if the customer is a repeat offender month after month then yes warn them of what will happen.

to everyone else posting here, do you think my response is reasonable to this?

Their message:
    Thanks you
    We can add new ips but we need sure will not happend again
    Network will charge us if we effect on network again from same client

regards,
    Adam B

My Response:

All I can Promise is that I will do all i can to prevent it. Seen as though you don't have any hardware to block a ddos, I can only say that i will use as much software as I can to prevent or mitigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by FinerTech View Post
    I agree. They should be providing alot more information prior to shutting down his service, and afterward informing him of the whole situation including the reason and justification behind it, not afterwards and telling him to hold. Seems sketchy to me to be honest.

-D.
    is common in them, suspended without notice I say this from experience

They don't have customer service.
    I made a mistake of moving to their vps and I spent good 6 or so hours setting everything up and restoring from backups. And when backups were finally restored the server went down.
    I contacted the 'support' and requested money back since it was not even 3 hours since my vps was activated and server going down. They started telling me something about server being up all the time and i wasn't correct while my vps control panel wasn't accessible.
    VERY POOR UPTIME. Server can go offline any moment.
    In first 3 days my vps was down at least 12 times!

PA-THE-TIC!

Quote Originally Posted by dmitriy2011 View Post
    They don't have customer service.
    I made a mistake of moving to their vps and I spent good 6 or so hours setting everything up and restoring from backups. And when backups were finally restored the server went down.
    I contacted the 'support' and requested money back since it was not even 3 hours since my vps was activated and server going down. They started telling me something about server being up all the time and i wasn't correct while my vps control panel wasn't accessible.
    VERY POOR UPTIME. Server can go offline any moment.
    In first 3 days my vps was down at least 12 times!

PA-THE-TIC!
    It's not ture
    1: Becuse we don't host any vps on our master node
    2: You are on LA and master node in Seattle
    3: We have never get down in LA
    4: You are on new node just up from 34 days ago from burstnet Uptime: 14:13:09 up 34 days, 32 min, 0 users, load average: 0.09, 0.51, 0.70 and we never get any issue with this node or downtime

Yeah... It's not true... Right...
    Why would I make it up ? Ask yourself why would I ask you for a refund after spending half of the day setting everything up?

Oh yeah, they also acused me in lying when I contacted them about downtime.

It's not ture
    1: Becuse we don't host any vps on our master node
    2: You are on LA and master node in Seattle
    3: We have never get down in LA
    4: You are on new node just up from 34 days ago from burstnet Uptime: 14:13:09 up 34 days, 32 min, 0 users, load average: 0.09, 0.51, 0.70 and we never get any issue with this node or downtime
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails up2vps 2.JPG   up2vps.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by dmitriy2011 View Post
    Yeah... It's not true... Right...
    Why would I make it up ? Ask yourself why would I ask you for a refund after spending half of the day setting everything up?

Oh yeah, they also acused me in lying when I contacted them about downtime.
    due connection hunged between master and salve and falk Status the Statistics hunged out too
    i see your vps up from 7 days ago and you have reboot on 12/12/2011 01:13 AM , 01/12/2011 08:40 AM ,30/11/2011 09:57 PM, 30/11/2011 08:41 PM

Date Action Request IP Address Status
    19/12/2011 08:33 PM Reinstall OS 68.xxxx Complete
    12/12/2011 01:13 AM Reboot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    12/12/2011 01:09 AM Boot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    01/12/2011 08:40 AM Reboot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 09:57 PM Reboot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 08:41 PM Reboot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 08:15 AM Reboot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 08:05 AM Boot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 07:55 AM Boot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 07:48 AM Boot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 07:17 AM Boot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 05:38 AM Shutdown70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 05:35 AM Boot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 05:32 AM Boot 70.xxxxxxx Complete
    30/11/2011 12:19 AM Change Root Password 70.xxxxxxx Complete

Also if you are would to know it down don't go to Statistics you can just using monitoring service like host-tracker etc

Yeah, that's their standard response, to call people liars when they call them out for crappy service. Real nice way to treat your customers, guys.