New to Helm Control Panel

Just got a Windows reseller account and now I'm confused! Used to working with WHM.

How do I setup an account for one of my domains?

Jon

I have worked out how to setup an account now. However, I cannot work out what to use as a temporary address before the domain has been propagated. Any clues?

Right, working some things out myself. But the last bit is baffeling me. I have an IP address but that is shared and for my reseller account.

I type in http://myipaddress/~myaccountname and I get nothing. I have uploaded my pages.

What is likely to be wrong? What do I need to check?

Regards,

Jon

Sory this is a bit off topic, but did you enjoy the 40 clicks to set up one domain? (That is about how many it takes, and IMO Helm's biggest pitfall)

How do you like it overall so far, I used it for the 14 day free trial and could not be compelled to buy it at the time, even with that fancy airmail letter, however I still get their newsletters and special offer's when I see everything has improved more I will buy it, it seems to be a very solid product overall.

You cannot view a site before it is propagates using HELM. One of the many many fall backs to the control panel.

Try Inspanel instead much more WHM/cpanel like.

You can see websites before DNS propagation using Helm.

You will need to already have a domain which has propagated.

Make sure the package the domain you want to view has an alias quota. Go to the domain in Helm and click the 'alias' icon. Setup an alias in the form of the already propagated domain.

eg: newdomain.alreadypropagateddomain.com

You will then be able to view the website with that third level domain.

Kind Regards
    www.38h.com - Windows Hosting, Resellers and Dedicated

www.iistalk.net Windows only forum.