Thread: SEO Software

Question SEO Software

I was wondering what peoples past experience with SEO software is. I have been contemplating if its worth paying for (affordable) SEO software or if SEO Panel is just as good. I was also wondering if hiring someone to do the SEO is better then buying SEO software.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

I use free SEO software just for knowing seo parameters of a website like search engine position, Page Rank, backlinks, internal links etc. But, I did not use SEO software for seo task. Hiring someone for SEO task is much better than buying SEO software.

SEO software is better when you wanna start your own business. But if your goal is only to promote several web-sites - it's better to hire someone and don't have problems)

They key is to SEO for the specifics for your site. Off the shelf packages don't do that. Custom solutions work better assuming you can communicate your requirements to the other party, setup a plan and ensure the requirements are implemented and verified. The more you know about the market or niche you're in, the better the outcome.

Google allow manual SEO work, if you use different kinds of SEO software. Google will ban you.

No. doing it yourself is alot better as you get to learn how to and how seo works. never trust an SEO as they will just buy paid links which will expire in time and will drop your SERPS after.

Hello,
    SEOMoz Membership can be good option as they do have many tools available with their Pro viz. Paid Membership.

Quote Originally Posted by b4uindia View Post
    Hello,
    SEOMoz Membership can be good option as they do have many tools available with their Pro viz. Paid Membership.
    Sorry but $99/mo is out of my price range and I am afraid to put my credit card number in for the 30 day trial. Maybe I'll just get a SEO book...
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

Seo Panel is good because free but useful plugins are not free of SEO Panel. I like majesticseo. As free majesticseo also provides very good information.

As per my opinion, doing SEO by your own or by hiring any good SEO expert is the right choice to do SEO in the right way as well as for getting effective results because after the Google panda's latest update, the competition in the SEO market is very high.

I managed to pickup "Search Engine Optimization for Dummies" today for only $25. It seems to be filled with tons of information.

On another note, I don't want to create a new thread for this but I was wondering if anyone has an idea on how to get my sitemap to submit to Bing Webmasters. Everytime I try it just says "Pending" and won't do anything. I did a search about it and I found numerous others are having the same problem but I was wondering if anyone knows if this has something to do with Bing or with my side?
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

I use free SEO software to check Page Rank or backlinks. But for SEO task i don't like to use it. After Google Penguin update we should b concern to the seo software. Google doesn't like software basis work at all.

i've used for my forum vbSEO but if u learn how to do SEO it's not important buy a software, u can do it manually and better!

The Lynda.com SEO tutorials are useful. I bought those for a friend, and it helped him.
    I watched them myself, and found a useful tip or two. (I was doing SEO before it was even called "SEO".)

The biggest issue will be an ability to identify and ignore myths.
    For example, the idiotic notion that IP address helps SEO in any way -- which it doesn't.

Software has little value.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by ub3rst4r View Post
    I was wondering what peoples past experience with SEO software is. I have been contemplating if its worth paying for (affordable) SEO software or if SEO Panel is just as good. I was also wondering if hiring someone to do the SEO is better then buying SEO software.
    The best SEO Software is Excel. I use it for everything. Also it is required to have ToDo List software as it helps to organize your deals. And it does not matter if you provide SEO services or creating start up.

The thing is that you need to understand the basics of SEO. It is really easy. Real organic SEO consists of 3 steps: preparatory phase, internal optimization and external optimization.

All paid software can be used just as secondary tool but not as primary.

As for me, I do SEO without any software during 6 years and I do not follow positions on Google and do not count visitors.

I always do several things that help me to earn more money: I help people to resolve their issues, I do create useful articles, I create good video content for people, I do answer every question of my customer and I do love what I do.

The secrete of SEO is that there's no secret. You just need to help people and people will help you to support your project.

I have personally used IBP seo software before 2 yrs when i was very much newbie in SEO .. the software is better for reporting and other stuffs but i would still recommend Manual SEO for the Best. I use some small tools like rank checker, SEO Quake and other such tools

Weather you will go for manual SEO or using SEO tools, you have 1st to set up a plan and decide the techniques that is most compatible with your site needs.Some SEO tools can get your site banned easily , but not all of them.So you should 1st search for a good tool that can offer exactly what you want.

There are some good free SEO s/ware programs out there to check rankings etc. The pay monthly subscription ones i dont think give value for money

I prefer the manual method for SEO, but if you need a software for checking ranks, backlinks, there are lot of plugins out there specially if you are using Firefox browser.