Thread: Voip blocking

Voip blocking

Hi,i met the Voip blocking problem, is there anybody could help?
    I really need to make calls.

I tried to find solotion to it, but not manys good was to solve it. I find a Voiceguard solution from SpeedVoip, has anybody heard before? tks

Hi,

Their solution did not worked well with a custom dialer integration. Maybe works with their own hardware or dialer they sell.
    If just for yourself, you an try vpn.
    # experienced Cloud/OpenStack Architect
    #
    # Feel free to PM me for any info or help to build your cloud.

You can try a VPN to bypass the voip blocking problem.
    << Please see the Rules page for signature limitations. >>

vpn is also not working specially in UAE
    Voip Master Reseller Provide
    +973-33067704
    Sales@reefcall.com
    Reefcall.com

You would need a server located in a country that does not block voip ports. Once you have that you can install openvpn or another vpn software on the machine. Either create a site to site from your facility or use a client to site. At this rate all traffic will leave the county that blocks voip to the country that allows it where the server is at. Once there your calls should work fine as long as the tunnel is established at all times.
    Digital Offensive
    http://www.digitaloffensive.com
    Take an offensive approach to Security know what your foes know!

<<Removed>>

Just wanted to say that you can use encrypted SBC protocols,
    we have used that and our clients can use VoIP within blocked locations
    Last edited by Mike V; 01-02-2011 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Removed reference to removed post

Hi,

You could setup a VOIP PBX in another location and open non-standard ports (assuming your provider doesn't inspect packets.)

Failing that, If you use a VPN it should just look like data traffic.

You should really send voice traffic over a VPN anyway for security and privacy reasons.

If you need help with any of the above drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by webspark View Post
    Hi,

You could setup a VOIP PBX in another location and open non-standard ports (assuming your provider doesn't inspect packets.)

Failing that, If you use a VPN it should just look like data traffic.

You should really send voice traffic over a VPN anyway for security and privacy reasons.

If you need help with any of the above drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Mark
    VPN traffic can easily be detected as well

but.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerayner View Post
    VPN traffic can easily be detected as well

Yes but they would only be detecting VPN traffic not the VOIP, VPN's get used for all sorts of things. and most providers dont block them.

Quote Originally Posted by webspark View Post
    Yes but they would only be detecting VPN traffic not the VOIP, VPN's get used for all sorts of things. and most providers dont block them.

Excuse me they do not investigate what you actually do , since we have some clients (VoIP devices) that their customers use them in those blocked areas,

if VoIP is blocked it is usually is done by deep packet inspection of SIP protocol (which is actually text)

VPN also can be detected and is usually blocked such as L2TP protocol

Open VPN uses UDP the same way VoIP is used, so they can easily be suspected to both if they want to inspect actually, and they check if this is VPN and block the network, they usually block commercial VPN providers

so your comment that VPN is normal is not right, in example one location I know of in the U.A.E both are illegal

if user uses OpenVPN all of his traffic will become UDP , and it is very easy to detect him, just check who uses UDP mostly and most of traffic is UDP , a simple statistical or anomaly analysis reveals him

Our customers use Encrypted SBC technologies thus only few voip packets in transit are passing SBC and are UDP and also encrypted so cannot be blocked even using deep packet inspection technologies utilized at those locations, they are working without problem
    Last edited by mikerayner; 01-03-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerayner View Post
    in the U.A.E both are illegal

if user uses OpenVPN all of his traffic will become UDP , and it is very easy to detect him, just check who uses UDP mostly and most of traffic is UDP , a simple statistical or anomaly analysis reveals him
    OpenVPN can be changed to run on TCP... set it to port 443 and it should blend in with https traffic... or pop3-ssl or imap-ssl ports
    Avi B