Newbie looking for SSL certificate

Hello all,
    I'm a newbie and about to start a small webhosting co.
    As most transactions would be bank deposits we would like a good low volume/transactions SSL certificate for around the $50 mark.We are also not based in the U.S.
    Any advice from you experts would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Newbie looking for SSL certificate

Originally posted by lostnspace
    Hello all,
    I'm a newbie and about to start a small webhosting co.
    As most transactions would be bank deposits we would like a good low volume/transactions SSL certificate for around the $50 mark.We are also not based in the U.S.
    Any advice from you experts would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to WHT,

Have you look at www.ev1servers.net ?

Warmest Regards,

You could try buying a StarterSSL certificate from freessl.com for $39. I bought one from there the other day, before management changed their mind about what they wanted the website to be called.

Originally posted by dan_erat
    ...before management changed their mind about what they wanted the website to be called.
    They have a new website? Mind posting the location?

No, I mean management changed their mind about the name of the website for which I had bought the cert. I think I will be buying another cert from them shortly. :)

Thanks for the replies.... i had a look and free SSL only have a 96% browser rate and I looked at ev1servers and when trying to order there was no country code so not sure if they take international orders.Also what is the difference between chained SSL and SSL and i looked at Comodo SSL.. are they good?

can't you work out a replacement with them because you're still within the 7 day revocation/replacement period? i'm not so sure about their policies but i think it could be worked out.

Unfortunately, it's been more than a week, and management/marketing still haven't made up their minds on what it should be called. Thanks for the suggestion, though; I had forgotten that most of the CAs have that policy.

Just a quick note about Comodo/InstantSSL certificates - if you do go with them, they will replace or change the domain name anytime, as long as your certificate is still valid
    (not just in 7 or 30 days like some places!)

Thanks, I'll give InstantSSL a try next time -- it looks like it's only ten dollars more.