Need some help !!

hello,

I have a forum under my main site for which i don't have any users so want to do some real good promotion, So please suggest me some good and free ways to promote my forum ..

thanks

Some ways are:

Give a promo offer like free domains for 100 posts in a month / free 2MB or 5 MB hosting for all members who stay active

Develop some content like tutorials for hosting / pc trouble shooting / etc. List of useful tools and other free downloads etc

Generally make the forum of some to the members to stick around and maybe even invite their own friends etc.

Content. That's a very key method of promotion. Give your visitors a reason to come back by providing something else that the other sites in your niche do not.

Targeted Advertising. Advertise to targeted traffic such as perhaps Google Adwords or a banner ad with a related website.

Try doing as much as you can to optimize your forum for search engines. This includes the usual keywords, etc. Try also submitting to any directories that you can. It should help a little.

I've done a lot of the above in the first month of my forum and saw over 500 uniques just in the first month.

>> Try also submitting to any directories that you can. It should help a little.

Even if you don't get any traffic or much through the directories, it would help in the way of links back to your site in the eyes of a search engine.

Thanks for your suggestions the Pro offers are really very interesting and i am going to launch all of them ..and i too need some people who can make contents for my forums and sites and would also like to know where can i show my offers to peoples.. Advertise to targeted traffic is really a good idea but i am still looking for free ways for beginning.. And please contact me via mail if any body likes to work for my forums and other sites.

thanks

Exactly. I also forgot to include any sharing of links. Spiders look for links to your website and the more that there are and the higher their ranks, the higher your website will appear on the list. Works the same with directories.

thats fine ...and i also decided to give all types of promotional offers and for that i need some person to work for my homapage of forums and also who can do well with the content.

thanks

Originally posted by CrazyTech
    Exactly. I also forgot to include any sharing of links. Spiders look for links to your website and the more that there are and the higher their ranks, the higher your website will appear on the list.
    Oh yeah, and don't forget this one, solfas...

Be sure to go around to various webmaster type sites and drop links to your own sites as much as possible. That will give you really good rankings.

Ask for reviews on umpteen of your sites but don't bother reviewing anyone else's site. Start lots of threads about me, ME, ME!!!!!! without offering diddly back to anyone else.

Yep, that's the ticket.

Arrow

Ask for reviews on umpteen of your sites but don't bother reviewing anyone else's site. Start lots of threads about me, ME, ME!!!!!! without offering diddly back to anyone else.
    that was funny ...haha

I need many users in my forums and need skilled moderator and coder for my home page of forums where i will introduce some promotional offers..

thanks
    Last edited by solfas; 01-05-2004 at 08:40 PM.

hi again guys

i have shifted my forum to hostertalk.com with new design and logo

cheers

I am looking for good sites to exchange links ..
    Please let me know who all are interested in link exchange with hostertalk.com ( PR6)

regards