Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Best VPS (cPanel) Providers in Europe

Hello guys,

I'm planning to move my hosting from USA to Europe bacause of the connection speed...

I googled for VPS in europe but couldn't really find any good provider... Can you recommend me a quality VPS provider in Europe like Germany, Holland or any country in Europe?

Thanks

What specifications are you looking for?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

tell us more in details pertaining to your requirements such as control panel, space, server management, RAM.....etc.
    There are many good host around
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Specifications are not important for me, I'm looking for a good provider... I'm sure they have plans which will suit my needs

Depending on the provider you can find a good VPS with good latency in USA. What is your budget? Also, if you gave us specifications and a budget, it would be easier to find a suitable provider that fits your needs.

Well I already host in USA but it takes more than 10 seconds for me to start loading my websites... thats why I need VPS in Europe!

Minumum 512MB Ram & 20 GB Space VPS with cPanel Max $50/monthly

Thanks

You can check out Lowendbox.com or cheapvpsoffers.com. They do list cheapest vps provider across globe. You will certainly find out good host for you.

There are a lot of good providers is Europe. Did you check in the offers section?
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-13-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Well I guess I checked it but most of them are US based providers...

You have a decent budget, I would highly suggest emailing a few providers that you like the look of (LowEndBox has some reputable providers as well as a few shady ones so make sure you do your research) and look at the response times and quality of replies, they can tell you a lot about a company

Kind Regards,
    Bret
    NetHosted Ltd. - UK Based Web Hosting
    Like us on Facebook!

Take a look at FutureHosting in the UK!

Would UK work?

If so have a look at HostDime.co.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by nacworld View Post
    Well I already host in USA but it takes more than 10 seconds for me to start loading my websites... thats why I need VPS in Europe!
    The extra 100ms or so latency from Europe to the USA won't cause a 10 second lag. Something else is wrong with your current hosting, perhaps an overloaded server, bad network or misconfigured dns. Of course those might still be good reasons to start looking for a new provider, and if most of your visitors are from Europe then it makes sense to look there. Just be aware that geography isn't the only factor here.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

The extra 100ms or so latency from Europe to the USA won't cause a 10 second lag. Something else is wrong with your current hosting, perhaps an overloaded server, bad network or misconfigured dns. Of course those might still be good reasons to start looking for a new provider, and if most of your visitors are from Europe then it makes sense to look there. Just be aware that geography isn't the only factor here.
    I'm not gonna say you're wrong, but USA hosting is absolutely slower for EU clients! The 100ms latency is not noticeable with one file, but FTP'ing WordPress to a US server takes significantly longer on US servers than it does on UK based ones.

Also because there's lag with -every- file downloaded to your browser, there is a very noticeable difference. I'm comparing a US-based WiredTree VPS here with 1024MB RAM and a Gbit port to a 100Mbit port with 768MB RAM of futurehosting, and FH wins from WT in every aspect when it comes to speed and connectivity. FTP connections are faster and drop less, pings are much lower, sites load up much faster, email and webmail is blistering fast... UK hosting is much better for EU clients than USA hosting, even when it's on the west coast or in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay August View Post
    I'm not gonna say you're wrong, but USA hosting is absolutely slower for EU clients! The 100ms latency is not noticeable with one file, but FTP'ing WordPress to a US server takes significantly longer on US servers than it does on UK based ones.
    I don't think we're disagreeing here - local hosting is an advantage, particularly when it comes to the longer hop from here in Australia to the US. But even here the difference is usually a second or two max. on page loading times and other factors (eg. server load) are far more important. Wouldn't you agree that a 10 second lag is abnormal, and indicates something more than latency from Europe to the US?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    I don't think we're disagreeing here - local hosting is an advantage, particularly when it comes to the longer hop from here in Australia to the US. But even here the difference is usually a second or two max. on page loading times and other factors (eg. server load) are far more important. Wouldn't you agree that a 10 second lag is abnormal, and indicates something more than latency from Europe to the US?
    I think there may have been confusion with the ms and second metrics. A 10 second lag is definitely abnormal - 100ms of extra latency should only be about 1-2 seconds of lag.

100ms lag? Not in my experience. My first question at WHT, about 5 years ago, was on this very topic, because I wanted to try a host across the pond. At best, lag is 30ms, and at worst it's maybe 65ms. That's only a portion of a second, and well worth the wait, all things considered.

The site content, and all related hardware, are far more important that geography. I repeat this over and over and over here, for a couple of years now. My content is optimized and cached, and I have an excellent host.

At $50/monthly, I'd go for http://www.ecovps.com/vps.html
    or http://eurovps.com/eng/vps/managed_linux_vps/

For once, somebody has a good budget. That's a start.

The typical biggest problem seems to be people who won't budget properly, and expect VPS/dedicated on shared budgets. Corners have to be cut to create these asinine pricing structures, and having a slow site is often the result of it.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Great tips! We are also looking for a VPS provider in Europe. Will check out the recommendations made here.

19. http://www.hetzner.de/en/
    google for comments about them. can't complain about the prices either.

Wouldn't you agree that a 10 second lag is abnormal, and indicates something more than latency from Europe to the US?
    no that's absolutely not normal and does not depend on server location indeed A crappy server is a crappy server, independent of location. But overall connections are just far more stable when closer at home. but hey, you already knew that

And we were looking for a VPS closer at home as well... turned out FutureHosting offered UK hosting (RapidSwitch), which is running very smooth for us!

VPSLatch I believe in my book is one of the best managed / cpanel VPS providers in my book, and they also have locations in UK/NL now including USA.

Quote Originally Posted by nacworld View Post

Minumum 512MB Ram & 20 GB Space VPS with cPanel Max $50/monthly

Thanks
    Your bedget is excellent for what you are asking for, you can easily find good European provider within this range

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Take a look at FutureHosting in the UK!
    I second that! Had several VPS with them in the UK and now a dedicated server. They are a company that I can fully recommend!

dediserv.eu provide server in europe
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

very hard to find indeed... lol
    http://www.leaseweb.com/en/vps/express-cloud from 9euros
    http://server.lu/vserver-overview from 15euros

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast