Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aletia

Angry Aletia

If you visit the forums at Aletia you'll find growing frustration at the moment, secondary to servers going down, poor response time from support, and lack of communication. The folks seem well-intentioned, but perhaps growing to fast. Plus, it seems like when there's problems, they take a wait and see attitude before really getting in there and substantially addressing it (changing out the equip). I sure hope they can back back to where it sounds like they were.

i haven't had any problems with them... where's this frustration you're talking about?

Originally posted by erratic
    i haven't had any problems with them... where's this frustration you're talking about?
    mikethechap is actually right. Several customers of Aletia are really a little bit disappointed. Aletia has some problems in the last time (downtimes, failing SMTP server) and I can understand that people are not happy about that, but I would not say Aletia's service or support is going down. They might not be as great as the people are used to, but for now Aletia is IMHO still a good and recommendable webhosting company.

Alexander

thats strange, maybe the machine i'm on is ok because i haven't had any problems whatsoever lately.

I also got several error messages from the monitoring service, but generaly speaking, it's still a good service.

which service do you use?

Aletia's support decline I'm guessing is because of one of their machine's being down. They have had to deal with a lot more support because of that and also are working on fixing it...

I find that they are still nice and helpful, and I haven't really had any problems.
    Colin

Is this thread considered old?

I'd like to say that some of the recent failures at Aletia have been user
    propagated.

http://www.aletiaforums.com/showthre...&threadid=1037

Even a looping script sometimes won't bump the load over the 'notify admin mark'.

Just a thought.
    I'm still incredibly happy with the service they're providing.
    I even put together a little movie about them that I might release soon.

--Adam Hallett

Hmm

I just signed up for a second account with them... it's been 36 hours and no account details yet, but this is a minor quibble.
    Their site and payment acknowledgement email does advertise a 24 hour setup.

I've had the previous account for about two weeks and have not had any problems. I'm quite satisfied to this point.

Smile I'm happy with them now

I'm happy with them now. At least right now the support isnot slow ,and server speed is ok . Sometimes , specially the weekend, they reply so fast ( within 2 hours, they and I exchanged 7 emails total) .

Hope they will improve better and better . Their first plan is ok, but the second and the third is a little high (their $30/month plan is equal to hostrocket's $15/month plan) . They should give some more space for it .

Talking Eh?

Have over 20 sites with them - never had any problems... superb company. Love 'em!

As hosts grow there will be slight ups and downs as they adjust and Im sure theyre growing pretty quickly, but I doubt that they are going to hit a downward spiral or anything, and seem like a stable company in both the near and long term outlooks.
    Tech Support
    Http://HostRocket.Com

I get the feeling Aletia has grown pretty quickly since they started. With that sort of growth sometimes things can get a little slow in regard to personalized support. Generally speaking if they're a good company (which all reports suggest they are), they'll be putting things into place right now to handle the added demand.

I think it's a case of, if you've been happy with them in the past, hold on while they recover from their growth spurt Having a server go belly-up is always going to put a strain on support no matter how big you are. Once they get that fixed, I'm sure things will return to normal for the rest of their customers.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

RE: Aletia

I recently signed up with them, and emailed them with a question this morning, and got a response back in about 3 minutes. Can't get any faster then that. All my previous responses before I signed up, were returned in a matter of minutes also, always under an hour.

Good luck,

David

Just one thing that I am not happy with Aletia is that ,they said they give us static unique ip . And when I ask them, if they give us that ip, so I can request for the reverse dns of ip (like if dns domain.com >>> ip , and when dns ip >>> domain.com) . When I ask that , they make a new page ( I guess, because there's not that page before) and said that I have to pay $15 for that .

It's not worth to pay that, so I stop asking . Man .
    Last edited by WebUser; 11-15-2001 at 12:06 AM.

Update on Aleita, been with them 3 days now, and 2 of the 3 days have experienced multiple outages. Three times yesterday they were down, and down again right now, which makes it the second time today. I'm on their Panda server by the way, which appears to be the one having all the problems... Whatever the case, I think I've had enough. Anyone have any new recommendations?

My simple minimum requirements in which I'd like to stay around the $10 a month price range. I just want something reliable with some good fast bandwith and not be on an overloaded server.

At least 5 gigs of bandwith a month
    100 megs of web space
    emails doesn't matter, at least 10
    mailing list
    Nice control panel setup...
    Own IP addy

Also, in a reliable NOC would be nice..

Thanks,

David

Originally posted by genaldi
    Also, in a reliable NOC would be nice..
    Try to look for a host based at NAC.net - there's not a lot of chatter about that one compared to some other NOC's on this forum, but they are a very classy operation center.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Yes, I've seen nothing but positives about Nac.net. Actually, Aletia was going through there. They'd be fine with me. I got a few places I'm looking at who go through them and Level3, so we'll see. I'm open to anymore suggestions though...

Thanks,

David

I saw one of your posts at the HR forum. Your site was moved to Aletia the day after that post I read. Then I saw your posts at Aletia. Not having much luck, I'd say.

My recommendations, like they usually are:

Hosting Matters - at NAC
    FutureQuest - not at NAC

Never been with or posted at the HR forum. That must of been someone else. But as far as Aletia goes, and my luck, if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I was just looking at hostmatters.com and they seem pretty decent. I'm also looking at palmversa for a potential switch. So far, both of those look pretty good. Both are NAC.net NOCs with pretty much identical tracer routes, both going through level3 and pwebtech.

Thanks,

David

It's a damn shame you're having problems with Aletia - I have never had any issues with them and find them very very helpful.....

I've read mostly good things about them also, but the server that all their new customers are going on has big problems. Yet, they still keep putting people on it from some of the PM's I received on their board from other users getting frustrated also.

Their standard response reply to my emails, we had to reboot the server, and are monitoring it. Monitoring WHAT? Fix the thing, don't watch it go down again and again and again..... Rebooting the server time and time again isn't going to fix the problem! I'm not a tech freak, I know enough though, and know that rebooting sure isn't going to cure whatever the problem is with that server....

David

okay, stupid question - but have you asked to be moved to another server?

I'm sorry about that, David. I was confusing you with someone else. They are the ones who jumped from HR to Aletia and then had the yo-yo effect. Of course, they have the same problem as you right now, which is too bad.

Timbo, not yet.. I probably would if they would at least give me halfway decent respones to my simple email questions. As it is now, I really don't want nothing to do with them, 5 outages in 2 days and still adding people to that sever, doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm sure they're a fine company and all that, but I'll pass.

Peeps, No problem, I know who you're talking about that was previous with HR, we've conversed back and forth a few times about the current problems. As for hostmatters.com, Annette just replied to my email in the middle of the morning with all the info that I asked them. Right now, they're at the top of my VERY short list. Heck, I might sign up with them in a little while, get that DNS change going before Aletia goes down again maybe...

Thanks again,

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast